• Published 29th Aug 2018
  • 400 Views, 2 Comments

Nightmare World - FandomPlays1234



A single human reborn as a powerful mage in the dream world, must travel to different worlds to free it's residence from the curse of the nightmare's virus

  • ...
 2
 400

Prologue: Welcome to the Dream World

He didn't know why it had to be him. For the past week he had trouble sleeping and now he was a victim. He didn't know how it happened or why now of all times. But now Fandom was trapped in this nightmare realm. This was supposed to be the dream world and of course SOMEONE had to go and ruin it for everyone. Seriously who was this asshole jerk dark lord that everyone kept mentioning. But hey at least he was a powerful mage now so he would gladly kick this dipshit's ass. Fandom looked at his hand as the memory came back to him. It all began back in the human world when cases of six children suddenly fell into a coma like state. But because they were kids, Fandom didn't think it would affect teens. Now he jinxed it and was stuck in this terrible world. Not only that but his insomnia was back in this world as well. He lay in bed and tried to think about what she said when they first met.

48 hours earlier

Fandom groaned as he rolled over to the left side of his bed. But it seemed like his dog wasn't going to leave him alone anytime sooner. Seriously it was 3 in the morning, too early for taking him out.

"Later Buster," Fandom moaned.

"Wake up," a voice whispered. What the hell? Did his dog just talk? Fandom rolled over towards the voice and opened his eyes slightly to see a white blur. Ok something was definitely off. He didn't have a Maltese let alone one that was almost the size of a human. "Wakey, wakey," a female voice cooed. Who the hell was talking to him. Summoning up his strength, Fandom slowly sat up and yawned.

"Geez what time is it?" asked Fandom.

"It's time for you to wake up that's for sure," answered a female voice. Fandom looked behind him to see a goat wearing a white T-shirt under and green hoodie. She was wearing long black pants and had a yellow flower in her fur next to her right horn. She was smiling and looking at him with her green eyes. Fandom stared at her for a moment before jumping up. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to scare you," said the goat.

"Yeah like hell I would believe that!" yelped Fandom. "Who are you anyway and why are you in my room?"

"You're room?" asked the goat confused. She giggled. "Oh silly you're not in the human world anymore Fandom,"

"Wait what how do you know my name?" asked Fandom.

"Oh I know a lot about you Fandom," said the goat slowly walking up to him. She pressed her paw against his chest. "As for my name, I'm Asriel Dreemurr," She took a step back and winked.

"Wait hold up, Asriel Dreemurr as in like THE Asriel Dreemurr?" asked Fandom. "Like the one from Undertale?"

'Oh so you DO know," said Asriel.

"Well I mean I DID play it, but wait what are you doing out of your game?" asked Fandom. "And I'm pretty sure the last time I checked, Asriel was a boy,"

"Well this IS the Dream World so technically anything can happen here," said Asriel. Fandom stared at her dumbfounded. "Right I'm sure everything will make sense once I explain everything,"

"Yeah, I bet it will," said Fandom.

"Alright but it's a lot to take in so be prepared," said Asriel. As Fandom's pulse began to slow, he took a seat in front of Asriel as she began explaining. "First things first, I should probably mention that you are one of the seven victims who fell under the coma like state when you fell asleep back in the human world,"

"Wait seven?" asked Fandom.

"You DO know about how children in the human world are suddenly falling into a coma-like state after they fall asleep right?" asked Asriel.

"Yeah but to think there's seven of us," said Fandom.

"It is surprising to hear, but that's only the beginning," said Asriel. "The reason why I'm out of my game is because I escaped," said Asriel.

"Wait what do you mean by escaped?" asked Fandom.

"If you think something strange was going on with the sudden coma-like state incident then you'd be right," answered Asriel. "However it's not just the human world that's suffering from these weird incidents, the Dream World you're in right now has been corrupted by some dark magic that's transforming the residents of different worlds into horrific monstrosities,"

"What do you mean?" asked Fandom.

"The Dream World is a dimension that allows one to be whatever they want whenever they want and go to places they can only go in their dreams, these includes other worlds from different video games, anime, and vice versa," explained Asriel. "But that dark magic I explained earlier corrupted the dream world and has spread into the other worlds you can reach from here,"

"So what you're saying is that this dark magic not only corrupted the world itself but the residents of those world as well?" asked Fandom. Asriel nodded. "I think I get it now, but if the dream world is corrupted, wouldn't that mean everything inside is corrupted as well?" "Why are we still ok?"

"Perhaps my determination is too powerful that it repelled this dark magic," said Asriel. "You on the other hand is a different story," Fandom cocked his head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" asked Fandom.

"Well when I ran into you I could easily tell that you were one of the possessed souls so I took the liberty of freeing you from your Necro Guardian," answered Asriel.

"My what?" asked Fandom.

"Necro Guardians are demonic entities that guards the seven souls by possessing them," answered Asriel. "Normally they just look like the souls they possessed but once they show their true forms, you'll know that you've found your target,"

"I'm guessing since you freed me from my Necro Guardian there's only six left right?" asked Fandom.

"Yes, however these entities aren't exactly corporeal so they won't reveal their true identity unless a soul powerful enough to face them shows up," explained Asriel.

"And me?" asked Fandom.

Asriel smiled," As a human you may not be able to stand a chance against these Necro Guardians, but here you can do and be anything you want, normally I would've gone to free the remaining six souls myself, but even I have my limits," explained Asriel. "And besides this is your best chance to show this cute princess what it's really like to have their own knight in shining armor," A chill ran up Fandom's spine as Asriel touched his cheek.

Your majesty please, normally that would be your role," said Fandom averting is gaze. "Besides even if you were a female now, Frisk would be your guardian,"

'That would be the case if it wasn't for those damn Necro beasts," Asriel said gloomily.

"Necro what?" asked Fandom.

"Necro beasts are similar to Necro Guardians but slightly weaker," explained Asriel. "Unlike them, they are corporeal and beatable," "Still they are powerful enough to possess other creatures to help carry out their missions,"

"Are there seven of them like the guardians?" asked Fandom.

"No these are like the typical warriors or servants to the Guardians," answered Asriel. "The common enemy that you would normally see in video games, they come in many different shapes and sizes and can shape shift and mimic other life forms,"

"Sounds like something that would appear in my nightmares," said Fandom. The gloomy look on Asriel's face vanished and was replaced by her warm smile as she walked around him and wrapped her arms around him as she embraced him.

"Fandom, it would make this princess very happy if you helped me recover and return those souls to their owners," cooed Asriel.

"Your majesty please, even if this is the dream world, I'm not cut out to be a hero," said Fandom. She quickly grabbed him by his shoulders and spun him around so that he was facing her. Fandom stared up at her blushing as she took his hands.

"Please," Asriel pleaded making a puppy dog face. Fandom felt his heart racing as he stared into Asriel's cute green eyes.

"Alright you win," sighed Fandom.

"Yay!" Asriel chirped jumping up with joy.

"I can't resist a cute face like that," chuckled Fandom. "So now what?"

"Well first things first, you'll need some way to fight," answered Asriel.

"Ok," said Fandom. The two fell silent as they stared at each other. "Well?"

"Hmm something wrong?" asked Asriel.

"Aren't you going to teach me how to fight?" asked Fandom. Asriel suddenly burst out into laughter as Fandom stared at her in confusion.

"You don't need me to teach you, this is the dream world remember?" giggled Asriel.

"Oh right, be anything I want," said Fandom. He scratched his chin as he pondered about what is form of combat would be. That's when he remembered that he had created a fictional character when he was little kid. He decided to use that idea and combine it with some other skills to make thing interesting. After some time of thinking he eventually came up with something he was proud of.

'You got something kid?" asked Asriel sliding her paws in her hoodie pocket. Fandom took a deep breath and focused his thought on his character. A bright light enveloped the area as Fandom's body began to glow. When the light died down, Fandom was seen wearing a black cloak. A small diamond was encased in a small pendant that was attached to the neck of the cloak. "Wow you look great!" chirped Asriel.

"Thank you your majesty," said Fandom.

"Oh come now, you don't have to be THAT formal, just call me Asriel," said Asriel. "So what form of combat did you choose?"

"Well I figured I would do a slight combination of magic," answered Fandom. The diamond suddenly began to glow red as Fandom held out his hand. Suddenly a medium sized fire ignited above his hand. Asriel watched in awe as the diamond slowly changed to blue, green, yellow, brown, teal, and black. Each time the color changed something different would happen. First water would slowly rise up from the ground, then large vines would suddenly sprout followed by electricity shooting out of Fandom's hand, large rocks bursting out of the ground, a chilling wind surrounding Fandom as he moved around creating snow and ice, and a shadowy aura pouring out of his body.

"Amazing elemental magic," said Asriel.

"Yeah but I feel bad for this next one," said Fandom.

'Why?" asked Asriel. Fandom held out his hand as a familiar canid skull suddenly appeared next to Fandom.

"Tell Sans I'm sorry," Fandom laughed nervously.

'Don't worry I'm sure he won't mind that you copied him," said Asriel. "What else can you do?'

"Well I can change forms to look like other creatures," answered Fandom.

"A shape shifter, like the Necro Beasts," said Asriel.

"Yeah but don't worry I won't hurt you," said Fandom. Asriel smiled. "I can also use telekinesis, open portals, summon beasts, heal wounds and other terrible conditions, etc,"

"Geez is there anything you CAN'T do?" asked Asriel.

"Hey this is the dream world remember?" asked Fandom.

"Alright you got me," said Asriel.

"So what now asked?" Fandom.

"Follow me," answered Asriel. Fandom shrugged as he ran after his new companion.

Author's Note:

Prologue complete. The start of a new adventure. Now I know what your thinking, Asriel is a girl. Yes I know many of you probably don't like that I did that but hey this is my story, if I want Asriel to be a girl, then she's a girl. Don't judge me.