• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 1,049 Views, 11 Comments

Discord - PurpleWonderPower



Thousands of years after being imprisoned in stone, Discord returns. Seeing the new royal baby, Twilight Sparkle, he curses her to fall into an eternal sleep on her sixteenth birthday. Inspired by the My Little Pony: Maleficent Trailer from the Hub.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,049

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Confident that Celestia and her Elements were incapable of entering the Everfree Forest, the Lord of Chaos started visiting the Breezies' cottage more often, mostly to laugh at Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's abysmal attempts to raise the little princess. Soon, however, when the Breezies got the hang of it, he got bored and decided perhaps to pull a few strings himself. After all, what was the Lord of Chaos without a few disharmony-causing pranks?

One night, the Breezies were playing a fantasy role-playing board game called Ogres & Oubliettes, when Apple Bloom felt something wet and sticky drop onto her mane. She reached up and touched it, revealing it to be chocolate milk. There was a noise, and a dozen more droplets of chocolate milk rained onto her.

"Sweetie Belle, stop it," scolded Apple Bloom.

"I didn't do anything," said Sweetie Belle, "It must've been Scootaloo."

"Scootaloo, stop it," said Apple Bloom.

"It wasn't me," said Scootaloo.

Chocolate milk started to rain down harder, and Apple Bloom gasped and spluttered, using her bow to shield herself from the rain coming from the pink cotton candy cloud above her!

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo laughed!

"Don't you two laugh at me!" yelled Apple Bloom!

Another cloud appeared over Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, drenching their manes in chocolate milk! They both cried out in surprise and tried to shelter themselves, while it was Apple Bloom's turn to laugh!

"You are gonna pay for that!" screamed Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo!

"Hey, don't look at—" started Apple Bloom.

Suddenly, a dozen more pink clouds appeared, filling the room, and chocolate milk began to pour out if them, turning the drizzle into a downpour! Chocolate milk flooded the room, the level rising up to their flanks!

"AAAAAH!" shrieked Sweetie Belle, "Make it STOP!"

"My mane!" screamed Apple Bloom, trying to shield herself from the downpour.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" screamed Scootaloo, running around, trying to grab objects to use as umbrellas.

Manipulating the cotton candy clouds from outside, Discord burst into hopeless hysterics!

"Ha ha ha ha!" he laughed, wiping tears from his eyes, "That's—just—priceless! Ha ha ha ha!"

Though he did not give much more than two hoots about Twilight, he watched over her and the Breezies for the next few years. There was one day where the Breezies were having a picnic on a field not too far from a cliff, and as usual, their attention was not on Twilight. As they chit-chattered, a 5-year-old Twilight was bouncing around in the grass, flapping her tiny wings. Her wings were not fully grown, so Twilight could not do more than just hover in the air for a few seconds before flopping back down. She was not discouraged, however, and continued to chase butterflies around the field, flitting into the air for a few moments at a time.

Discord, who was sitting on top of a tree in a forest not far from the cliff, let his eyes wander and caught sight of the tiny alicorn galloping through the grass, chasing the butterflies towards the edge of the cliff.

"Ohoho," he said, looking over, interestedly, "Would you look at that? The dear, sweet little thing is about to fall to her death."

He watched as Twilight happily bounced towards the cliff. She stumbled on the edge, and fell off, letting out a scream of fear!

She screamed in terror as she fell, before landing on a soft surface. She opened her eyes and realized she was lying on a soft, squishy pink cloud. Tenderly, she stuck out her tongue and tasted it. It tasted good. She nibbled at it, smiling as she bit through the casing and reached the chocolate centre. Discord raised his hand and the cotton candy cloud rose up to the top of the cliff and set down on the grass, a good distance away from the edge. There was a flash of light and the cloud vanished, and Twilight landed on the soft grass. She giggled and trotted back over to the Breezies' picnic.

A good while later, when Discord was just about to head back to the Everfree Forest, he heard a little voice say from behind him, "Hello."

The draconequus turned round to see Twilight Sparkle on the grass, looking up at him with big, adorable eyes. "Oh," Discord said, looking down at Twilight, "The little princess, Twilight Sparkle. You really are adorable." He gave her a pat on the head. "But I don't have time for little fillies now. So why don't you scoot along back to those three..."

As he spoke, Twilight watched him with intrigue. Slowly, she walked towards him and touched his long brown body with her hoof. She made a little noise and walked around him. She seemed to be interested by his snake tail, and started playing with the white tuft at the end.

"Up! Up!" she said, reaching up her hooves to him.

Discord shook his head, then rolled his eyes and groaned. "Oh, alright."

Twilight started laughing as Discord took her into his arms and rested her head on his shoulder. She giggled and wrapped her front hooves around his neck as he patted the back of her head. Then she started poking and examining his horn and antler.

"Ouch!" winced Discord, as she poked at his horn and antler, "That hurts! Bad Twilight! Ow! Ow! Get off!"

He prised Twilight off his horns and held her at length, rubbing his sore head with his lion paw. Twilight giggled and reached out with her hooves.

"Oh, you little ponies are too cute for your own good," said Discord, irritably, rubbing his sore horns and placing Twilight back on the grass, "Now go on. Off you go. Bye bye."

Twilight giggled happily and trotted back down the path she had come. Discord watched her go and rolled his eyes. Fillies.