• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 1,049 Views, 11 Comments

Discord - PurpleWonderPower



Thousands of years after being imprisoned in stone, Discord returns. Seeing the new royal baby, Twilight Sparkle, he curses her to fall into an eternal sleep on her sixteenth birthday. Inspired by the My Little Pony: Maleficent Trailer from the Hub.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,049

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

As Discord had predicted, Princess Celestia did indeed order her armies to invade the Everfree Forest. She did not, however, expect it to be easy. Discord was the most powerful being ever to be known to the universe, and the only thing that could stop him was the Elements of Harmony. Celestia had previously entrusted her most faithful subjects—Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy—with the Elements of Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Laughter and Kindness, while keeping the Element of Magic for herself. She had yet to find a unicorn who was worthy of it.

The day after he had cursed Twilight, Discord was lazing on top of one of the Plunderseed vines, using a small alligator to file his nails. He was rather enjoying it, until he heard a huge series of hoofbeats coming from his right. He looked over and jumped!

Hundreds of armoured unicorns, pegasi and Earth ponies advanced on the Plunderseed border that blocked off the Everfree Forest. Leading these vast rows of warriors was none other than Princess Celestia herself, accompanied by her five Elements, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

They look like they're looking for a fight, thought Discord, lazily.

"Oh, hello, Princess Celestia!" he called down, catching the princess's attention, "So kind of you to drop by, really. I can't remember the last time I got a visitor."

"Discord!" shouted Celestia, "I order you to surrender now, or we will attack!"

"Oh, I'd forgotten how grim you can be, Celestia," Discord said, lazily, "It's really quite boring."

"Hey!" shouted Rainbow Dash, "Nopony insults the princess!"

The blue pegasus shot off the ground with a blast of rainbow light and aimed a kick right at Discord, but one of the spiked clouds above blasted her with lightning, sending her crashing into the ground!

"You must be Rainbow Dash," said Discord, coolly, appearing in front of them on one of his spiked clouds, "Famed for her loyalty, the Element of Harmony you represent."

"So y'know who we are, big deal!" said Applejack, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, I know much more than that," replied Discord, "Honest Applejack."

"You seem to know our strengths, too," said Rarity, suspiciously.

"Yes, beautiful Rarity," replied Discord, "Your Element is Generosity, if I'm not mistaken. Fluttershy's is Kindness, and Pinkie Pie's is a personal favourite of mine. Laughter."

Pinkie Pie stifled a giggle.

"Adorable, how you entrust the most powerful weapons in Equestria to these five, Celestia," said Discord, flexing his fingers, "I could send you all away just by snapping my fingers." His face twisted into a sly grin. "But then again, where would be the fun in that?" he purred, rubbing his hands together.

He leaped off the cloud and rose into the air, his hands glowing with bright red magic!

"I call on those who live in the shadows!" he shouted, "Fight with me now!"

The ground beneath the ponies' feet began to shake, and in an explosion of rubble, a colossal Tatzlwurm burst out of the ground and gave a shrieking roar above the armies! The Plunderseed vines parted, and Timberwolves galloped out, baring their vicious teeth!

"Attack!" shouted Discord!

"Quick, girls!" exclaimed Celestia, "We must use the Eleme—"

The Tatzlwurm gave a great screech, spraying the pony armies with saliva, glueing their hooves to the ground! Celestia struggled to free herself from the goo off her hooves and ordered her armies to retaliate! The stallions galloped forward to battle the creatures of the Everfree Forest! As the battle began, Discord conjured up a cinema couch on top of the Plunderseed wall and watched the fight from above. He grabbed a handful of popcorn from his box and crunched it up.

"Now this is what I call entertainment," he mused, adjusting his 3D glasses.

Soon, he wasn't content just watching, and joined the fight himself. He snapped his fingers and with a flash of light, two dozen of the soldiers were trapped in stage boxes, with magical saws cutting them in half! Another dozen transformed into pink fluffy bunnies and all jumped into a giant top hat! About fifty became puppets on puppet strings, and struggled helplessly in the air! He summoned up dozens of cream pies and hurled them into the faces of stallions, splattering them with cream and messing up their vision! He raised his hands, which turned into pop-out boxing gloves and punched two stallions in the faces! He effortlessly took out soldier after soldier, until many were running for their lives!

However, this was not the same with Celestia. The princess spread her wings and shot above the fight! She ignited her horn and aimed it right at Discord! Seeing her, Discord swooped out to face her head-on. Burning flashes of chaos magic and alicorn magic shot through the air as the two attacked! Discord summoned a ball of burning energy and fired it at Celestia, singeing her rippling rainbow mane! Celestia gasped, summoned her magic and blasted a burning beam of fire at Discord!

There was a flash of light and Discord reappeared in a golfer's outfit. "Fore!" he shouted, and swung the golfer's club, whacking the beam of fire back to Celestia!

She gasped, and dodged, the blast missing her by a hair's breadth, singeing her skin! Her face contorted with fury and she blasted another burning magical beam at Discord!

"I'm sorry, Celestia," Discord said, his head splitting in two and the beam shooting right through it, "You know, you're very pretty. I always did like you."

With a firm blast of bright blue chaos magic, Celestia smashed into the ground in an almighty explosion! She winced and tried to stand up.

"What would you do if you didn't!?" she said, looking up in fright, "Quick, girls! We must use the Elements to dispel his magic!"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy galloped over! They all stood in a circle, and the Elements around their necks began to glow! Celestia's eyes lit up white, and the six of them rose into the air!

Seeing the Elements take effect, Discord's eyes widened in panic! He quickly vanished and appeared back on top of the Plunderseed wall, within the safety of his magical barrier.

"Oh, this should be good," he drawled.

Bright flashes of light blasted from the Elements if Harmony around the ponies' necks! As the Elements connected, a bright pink bubble of magic lit up around them, and a huge colourful rainbow erupted from inside and shot towards Discord! He shielded himself with his arms, but just as the rainbow blast reached the boundaries of the Everfree Forest, it dispersed into thin air! The six wielders of the Elements dropped to the ground and landed in a heap.

Celestia gasped! "W-what!?" she exclaimed.

"Ohohoho," Discord exclaimed, interestedly, removing his hands from his face, "It seems the spell I put on this realm to counteract all your powers truly does work."

He clenched his eagle claw, and the Elements of Harmony around Celestia's five subjects' necks began to glow! He yanked his claw back and the Elements yanked the ponies towards him!

"Will you ever learn?" he purred.

He splayed his hand, and they all crashed into the ground!

"You must go, my little ponies!" exclaimed Celestia, helping them get up to her hooves, "There is no magic strong enough to penetrate his residence!"

There was a great screech as another Tatzlwurm, bright green instead of pink, burst out of the ground near the army and crunched up a mouthful of soldiers in its mouth! Celestia's army cried out in fear and bolted from the Everfree Forest!

"Going somewhere?" purred Discord, snapping his fingers. With a flash of light, the grounds turned into soap, and the ponies all slipped on the slippery surface and fell on their fronts.

"Why leave so soon?" he asked, innocently, "The fun's only just begun!"

He snapped his fingers and a dozen giant pepper pots appeared above the army, shaking pepper down onto everypony, making them all sneeze uncontrollably!

Discord burst out laughing! "That's—priceless!" he laughed, his hands clamped over his stomach, "Priceless! Ha ha ha!"

"Quickly, my little ponies," Celestia urged the five Elements, "It is clear we cannot defeat him. I won't lose you in vain!"

"Come back soo-oon!" Discord sang, giving Celestia and her other ponies a playful wave as they fled.