• Published 1st Sep 2018
  • 530 Views, 44 Comments

The Black Sun - Super Ponyman



After the events of Sundered Universe, Burning Star tries to settle down and relax by going to Shadow Armor's wedding. But, when a wicked warlord attacks and kidnaps the royalty of Equestria, its up to him and his allies to strike down Black Sun!

  • ...
 44
 530

Chapter 11: A Heartless Prince

Author's Note:

Yep, Prince Eclipsio is with Black Sun.

Oh... and also Savior was A version of Ironheart... (insert rapid clapping)

Enjoy the chapter, and prepare to really HATE Eclipsio now.

(Disclaimer: This chapter has some language and blood in it.)

(Music belongs to Atlus and Persona 5!)

(Act 3: Betrayal of Friendship)

(Sunset’s House, Living Room)

Sunset and Ironheart entered the living room, and were greeted by various groans of pain from their group.

The group was sprawled out on the floor or collapsed on the couch, crude bandages stained with blood wrapped around their arms and legs, some even had gashes across the chest, which were being stitched together by a wounded Shadow Armor.

Sunset’s heart sank at the sight of this, she asked them. “What happened? Who did this to you?”

Shadow Armor winced as he said, “Prince Eclipsio... he suddenly flew into a rage and attacked us... gah, I don’t know why though. He just started slashing at us, and he tackled Burning Star out the door.”

He tried to stand, but he sunk to his knees, “Go... stop Prince Eclipsio... for us.”

He passed out, falling to the floor before Ironheart caught him and laid him down gently.

The metal-clad man growled, “Prince Eclipsio will answer for all of this. Both his deception and misuse of our trust, and for hurting our allies.”

He activated his chain guns and snarled out. “He. Will. SUFFER.”

“You do that, but first we help Burning Star and save the Princesses, Ironheart.” Sunset mentioned, taking a pair frying pans from the kitchen. They would be her weapons.

A shockwave shook the house, blowing out the windows, Ironheart stepped in front of Sunset and put a golden energy shield, blocking the glass shards. His armor had switched back to the Savior appearance.

He turned back and said, “Are you alright, Sunset?”

Sunset nodded and responded with a scowl, “Fine. Now let’s go stop Prince Eclipsio.”

She ran outside with Ironheart, who ran in front of her with his shields up, blocking any more shockwaves from the two Alicorn Humans colliding.

Sunset and Ironheart stopped when they got outside they witnessed the battle unfold.

Burning Star stood in the pouring rain, his shirt off and his exposed chest visible. He had various wounds across his body and he was bleeding from the head. He gripped Deicide tightly and the Blade was alight with blazing white fire that turned any rain that came near it into steam.

Steam also poured off his body and head as his skin seemed to glow and pulse with heat.

Prince Eclipsio’s robe was torn up, he also had various cuts and bruises along his body, and a large gash in his chest that seemed to have healed itself. He radiated a dark aura that distorted the air around him, making him flicker in and out like a trick of the light or an illusion.

He snarled at Eclipsio as he blocked a punch from the prince, “Prince Eclipsio, I knew that you had a problem with our slow pace on finding Black Sun, but you are being ridiculous!”

Eclipsio let out a battle cry swung his sword, which clashed with Burning Star. The collision ended up causing the ground to crack underneath it’s impact.

“Ridiculous? Hah!” Said the prince, kicking Burning Star in the gut. “No, you infernal insect, you have outlived you’re usefulness to me.”

Burning Star delivered an elbow strike to the side of Eclipsio’s face, the prince responded by punching Burning Star directly in the face, which knocked him to the floor.

“Leave him alone!” Shouted Sunset as she got close enough to Eclipsio to smack him with her pans. it stunned the prince long enough to let Savior rush in and deliver a cannonball kick to his head.

Eclipsio fell to the floor, then jumped to his feet immediately and said, “I see you all are willing to get in my way, perfect.”

He pointed his katana at Sunset and snarled out, showing his sharpened teeth. “Obstacles like you will be removed. Painfully!”

Eclipsio dashed forward and took a wide swing at Sunset Shimmer, it was blocked and partied by Savior’s plasma-edged Blades.

The Prince sent a spinning kick to Savior, who grabbed his feet and piledrived him into the ground.

Burning Star was lifted to his feet by Sunset, who said to him, “You need some help here?”

Burning Star unintentionally snapped at her, “What gives?! I’m fighting Eclipsio for some reason, and he is intent on killing me and my friends. what is going on, Sunset?!”

Eclipsio shouted, ”Die! Taste Eigaon!”

A blast of darkness flew out of his hands towards Burning Star, who raised his hands and prepared to counter.

”AGIDYNE!” Said Burning Star, and a beam of scarlet flames erupted from his palm. The two attacks collided midair and a smoke cloud appeared.

Burning Star picked up Deicide and ran into the smoke cloud, taking a leap and he managed to boost off of Savior’s back into the air.

Prince Eclipsio couldn’t put up his guard enough and Deicide chopped into his shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain, but he managed to send a slash to Burning’s chest.

The two men staggered back in pain, Sunset rushed to Burning Star’s aid while Savior ran to take his shot at Eclipsio.

The prince suddenly said with pure hate in his voice, “Well it seems I’ve been found out, I was hoping that I could kill you all quickly...”

Savior delivered an axe kick to Eclipsio’s head, before saying. “And what did you mean by kill us quickly?”

The prince’s face twisted into a frightening grin, and he let out a malevolent chuckle. “Why I would slit everyone’s throats in their sleep, make them choke and drown in their own blood.”

He got close to Sunset and grasped her by the neck while also kicking Burning Star into a tree, “You see it now Sunset, don’t you? Your fragile, human bodies are too weak for me. You all are pathetic creatures, especially you for believing I had a shred of “love” for your kind.”

He tossed her to the floor and sneered, Sunset hurt all over from his immense strength.

He continued to speak, “As I said to your Twilight, if it were up to me, I would have obliterated this planet long ago.”

“Why are you doing this? Why side with Black Sun?” Sunset said weakly, trying to recover from her dizziness.

The Prince of Eclipses smirked and said, “Why you ask? For one reason, revenge. Revenge against my sisters and all of mankind and ponykind.”

He turned around to catch Savior in his grasp before throwing him into the same tree Burning Star was in, it snapped in half and buried the two under wood and leaves.

Sunset got to her feet and responded with as much force as she could muster, “So everything you said was a lie? Even your talk with me? All of this... just for revenge against your sisters?”

Eclipsio nodded, his sharp fangs showing, “Yes. I had to maintain the image that I actually gave a damn about you all, at least until I learned of your accomplishments. My sisters are proud of you, so they will be struck with sorrow... once I cut you all down.”

Savior blasted out of the tree and tackled Eclipsio like a lion pouncing on his prey, delivering a truly brutal stab with an electrical blade. it went right through his chest effortlessly.

Eclipsio howled in pain and attempted to send his own sword through Savior’s chest, it pierced the outer armor but it stopped against the hidden metallic skin of Ironheart.

Ironheart ripped the sword out and began to punch and kick Eclipsio over and over, his plasma blades extended. The Prince was cut in numerous places, but he still stood tall.

Eclipsio sent a massive punch that crumpled Savior’s chestplate and sent him to the floor, before he ran back over to Sunset and picked her up by her neck again. She kicked and struggled to get free, but Eclipsio squeezes down on her neck, suffocating her.

“You’re all pathetic, you cannot stop me. My revenge will be complete, and there is nothing that the weak, insignificant force known as “Friendship” can do to stop me. Death is inevitable for you and your defiant kind... and I will be the one to end it.”

He raised her higher and began to announce to the world. “Now, the revenge I have sought for millennia will finally come true. Your world and Equestria will feel my hate and spite of my sisters, it will scorch and desecrate the world. Everything they built, everything they made, ALL OF IT WILL DIE!”

He snapped his fingers, and the bodies of Sunset’s friends appeared in suspended animation, “And the best part, you and your weak-ass friends are the only obstacles in my way from total destruction of everything my sisters care about.”

Sunset weakly asked, “Why Eclipsio? We don’t have anything to do with you, why destroy our world?”

Eclipsio snarled out, his tongue licking Sunset’s face, “Simple. It would cause my sisters and The Elements of Harmony pain... and I will be rid of your wretched friendship once and for all. All your talk of love and compassion and understanding, something you so desired to spread to me... allow me the pleasure to take it away in the most violent and brutal way I can.“

“You’ll never take away our friendship! I won’t let you!” Sunset said with defiance, she recived a harsh slap from Eclipsio.

Eclipsio’s shouted at her, “SILENCE YOU Bitch. I don’t plan on breaking you all up, no... I’m just gonna slaughter you all and be rid of this... disgusting friendship. Tell me, Sunset... what is the point of friendship and hope? It is an excuse for those without power to feel important, when they really aren’t! You all hide behind friendship, hide from your weakness, hide from the fact you can’t face the fact that you don’t matter... that you all will NEVER MATTER.”

He tossed her into a bush and said, “To be honest, I liked it when you were the alpha bitch at Canterlot High. Dominating and breaking any chance of friendship, THAT Sunset... that is the one I fell in love with. Your new “friendship” with these useless girls perverts that Sunset’s image, your image of POWER. In fact, I was hoping, PRAYING, for you Kill Twilight and her obnoxious little friends. It would be one less obstacle in my way.”

He snapped his fingers and a swarm of daggers appeared surrounding everyone’s heads. “So tell me Sunset Shimmer... who is gonna save you now? Heh-hahahhaa-ha!”

Sunset felt something grab her and wrench her from the prince’s grip. Her friends were also grabbed out of their suspended states.

It was Lucina! She had gotten to her feet alongside Shadow Armor. Both of them were still bandaged, but were strong enough to stand.

Lucina saw Sunset on the floor and lifted her to her feet, saying to her. “Get up, we aren’t finished yet.”

“Wait... I thought you didn’t like me?” Sunset asked meekly.

Lucina sighed, then said. “After learning from Shadow Armor about the hell you went through... I get it now. You did everything to make yourself into a better person... and I’m proud of that.”

Sunset felt Shadow Armor hand her a knife and he said to her, “Now... lets get this traitor.”

Prince Eclipsio looked around at the now quite large group of people surrounding him.

Lucina, Frostclaw, and Shadow Armor in the rear protecting the Rainbooms, who were struggling to get up.

All of them were hurt, covered in cuts and bruises across their body... but it was Fluttershy who was hurt the worst.

Her shirt was ripped open and a vicious set of cuts ran across her chest and face, almost as if Eclipsio had taken a buzzsaw to her...

Shadow Armor felt her neck, there was a pulse, but barely.

Savior looked back to see the awful sight, and he said to Eclipsio. “You... you sick piece of shit... hurting innocent girls. They had nothing to do with you, and you nearly beat them to death out of spite.”

Eclipsio cracked an evil grin, “Nothing to do with me? They are the human versions of the Elements of Harmony, they were used by my sisters to banish me... by destroying them I will destroy any hope of defeating me. Also, no one would care if they were gone anyways... they may have accomplished much, but they could never defeat a GOD such as myself. By destroying them now, I will kill two birds with one stone.”

Savior pointed one of his chain guns at the Prince, who had been cleaning his blade of blood with his tongue, a sight that would have made Savior gag (if he still could).

Savior screamed, he sounded like some sort of bat, “YOU WILL BURN!” and he unloaded his clip into Eclipsio, who simply created a shield before snapping his fingers.

A roar was heard from overhead as Black Sun descended out of the sky and landed near the Prince, who had the biggest smirk on his face.

(End theme)

“Black Sun... good to see you, my minion. I presume that everything is in order for my plans?” Said Eclipsio, who put a hand on Black Sun’s mask.

The armored monster nodded and said, “Yes Master... the sisters are still in my custody, just as you asked.”

Black Sun looked upon the group, seeing them all wounded. They all looked terrified.

“Master... what about them? What shall I do with the enemy?” He asked, tilting his head, almost as if he was confused or conflicted by his question.

Eclipsio looked at the people who were once his friends, and he said with no emotion in his voice.

“Kill them. They are of no use to me.”

Black Sun raised his guns to the group, then... he paused.

Sunset was staring at Black Sun, whatever she was doing to him was stopping him from shooting.

“Well? What are you waiting for? Kill them! Gun them down and end our opposition!” yelled Eclipsio, his eyes glowing gold.

Sunset swore she saw Black Sun Mouth something under his mask.

”I’m sorry Sunset.”

He grabbed Eclipsio and flew off into the air, flying so fast that he broke the sound barrier and passed above the clouds...

Leaving the Rainbooms and the heroes brusied and bloodied on the grass.

Sunset felt faint and she collapsed to the floor, and she felt darkness come over her.

But she saw a shadow... just before she closed her eyes.

”Sunset! Sunset!”

The figure shouted and sirens were heard, everything was a blur.

”You’re gonna be ok. Hi SOMEONE GET A STRETCHER! GET THEM IN THE AMBULANCES!”

(Black Sun’s Base)

Black Sun arrived at his base, the hangar doors opening from the darkness, he entered the hangar and landed silently.

Eclipsio broke out of his embrace and growled, “Why did you retreat?”

Black Sun remained silent.

“Answer me, damn it.” He continued, grasping Black Sun’s neck plating.

Black Sun finally said something, “They aren’t a problem, you have your sisters... you have everything you need, why do we have to kill them? They are crippled, beaten, why end them now?”

Prince Eclipsio snarled, his teeth showing in the low light of the hangar, “To make sure they don’t pursue us. You have let them live numerous times, Black Sun. ALL because of your... “humanity”, I should have turned you into a mindless slave as soon as you got the armor...”

He threw his arms up in frustration, “But no... you wanted freedom of choice, far lot of good it has done me. You kept Burning Star alive, and judging from his body not disappearing when I stabbed him over and over, he has survived.”

Black Sun grabbed Eclipsio’s hand and pulled it away saying, “You promised me something, Prince Eclipsio. So as long as that is still on the table, I am on your side. You got that?”

Prince Eclipsio punched Black Sun. the armored human turned slightly, as Eclipsio said “Do not remind me... go rest for your next mission. Burning Star will likely be in the hospital. I want you to go there and kill everyone there.”

Black Sun tilted his head, “Everyone?”

Prince Eclipsio snorted, “Did I stutter? Everyone. Every man, woman, child. It doesn’t matter if they are innocent or guilty... I want to send a message to that sleepy little city... that I will destroy their so popular peace in the most brutal way possible. Kill everyone, and when your finished, burn the building... I want to make sure the city knows just how strong you are.”

Black Sun nodded, “It will be done tomorrow, Master.”

Prince Eclipsio smirked and let out his evil laugh while saying, “Soon, that useless tool Burning Star will be gone, and all of his friends with him. Gah-hahaha-ha!”

Black Sun walked through the metal halls of the base, thinking to himself.

Despite being inside of his warm suit, he felt cold inside.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he hated it... but he had to do it.

He had his motives, and Prince Eclipsio would fulfill them.

Black Sun entered his room, it was a large room with a black and blue bed in the corner. A slew of junk and old food wrappings were strewn about his trash area.

On his desk were various blueprints and papers which had weapon models and plans inscribed on them, some were his, but the majority of them were
Eclipsio’s.

There was a window in his room, it let out into the dark void peppered by little stars.

Black Sun’s base was in space, orbiting around the earth like a space station.

He stood in front of a mirror and said to himself, ”This is wrong, I know it is... but it is worth it.”

Black Sun sat down upon his bed and pressed the buttons on the back of his helmet, the helmet expanded and Black Sun lifted it off his head. he proceeded to do the same to the rest of his armor, staring with his greaves and leggings, followed by his gauntlets and chestplate with the wings attached.

He hung the armor on a rack that slid up and into the repair chamber of the base, it had taken a great deal of damage and he had forgotten to repair it from the last time.

Black Sun looked into the mirror and looked at his unarmored body.

He was clad in a light gray and blue tunic with a strange blue lightning bolt emblazoned on his breast. He wore blue jeans and a pair of fingerless gloves.

Black Sun’s head had spiky dark blue hair that was combed back into what appeared to be a bird-like crest, his eyes had been turned a darker blue. His face was hard, and covered in scars.

Despite that, he still was someone he considered was alive...

He still loved the Twilight of Equestria...

He is... or now was... Flash Sentry.

Flash Sentry lay back on his bed and opened his bedside table, pulling out a picture of Twilight and her friends together with him at Canterlot High during the Battle of the Bands...

It brought back memories... memories of more pleasant times.

Times when he was still just Flash, a brilliant teen that acted like a bumbling idiot, all because he didn’t want to be picked on.

Perhaps he should have revealed that he was smart long ago... maybe he would have realized that siding with the Psycho Prince of Eclipses was a REALLY BAD IDEA in hindsight.

But there was no turning back now, he knew that...

He had two choices in front of him, each were extremely tough to make.

He could go along with the mad plan of spreading death and destruction under Eclipsio’s command...

Or, he could try and defy him, and most likely die a horribly painful death at his hands.

He did this for Twilight, for Twily... but he knew she would hate him for this much bloodshed.

But... would she?

”Flash, what have you gotten yourself into? You should have just died, not except help from that... psychopath. But here I am, killing innocent people for him... all because of a promise I made and a pact I forged with him. Damn it I’m stupid.” Flash Sentry thought to himself, before he picked up his guitar and started to strum.

”When everything I knew had come and gone...”

”Only scars remain of who I was...”

”When there is no one left to carry on.”

”My pain persists, I can’t resist, but that’s what it takes to be Infinite.”

He got up and started to sing, somber and sad.

”So look around you and tell me what you really see, I’ll never end and that is the difference between you and me. For when my time is up and everything is falling down, it’s only me and you... who is gonna save Me now?”

”So look around you and tell me what you really see. I lived a lie and that’s the difference between you and me, I have the power, but I can’t show you what it’s all about... it’s only me and you. Who is gonna save Me now?”

Somewhere across the base, Eclipsio heard it and said to himself.

”Who is gonna save you now? No one, everything my sisters have built will fall... and it is all because of your killings and my hatred giving you strength. Without it, you would be nothing...”

Prince Eclipsio was standing in the room where his sisters floated in suspended animation, a smirk on his face.

He said to them, “Even though you probably cannot hear me, know this... sisters, take one last look at your worlds...”

He laughed as he said, “For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter... hah-haha-hahaha-HA!”