• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 521 Views, 5 Comments

Creative Love - PinkiePielover4449



Swirly Canvas moves from Canterlot to Ponyville to become a successful artist

  • ...
 5
 521

Chapter 1

As Princess Luna raises her moon, I board the train to the one and only Ponyville. My eye catches a royal violet and lushes white blur as I put my bags on the luggage rack above the seats of the passager car. Once I have my bags all settled down I reach into my saddle bag that contain my oil pastels and sketchpad. The conductor comes from the front cart and annouces the train would be leaving soon. I hurry to my seat so I could sketch the bewitching scenery located outside the window of car . The movement of the train caused me to stop sketching and look around my surroundings. I saw the lights dangling from the shimmering pink roof , red velvet seats , an legnthy aqua rug, and in the corner cart I saw the creature that caused the blur that I saw just minutes ago. I examined her, she had a beautiful curled mane which was of course a shade of violet and her fur very similar to mine. Her cutiemark consisted of three diamonds on her flank. She was wearing this gorgeous hat and silk scarf. She had a sketchpad as well. I was very curious, what she was drawing? My curiousity grew as I sat there. My mind started to wander and I thought about my past as a filly.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WILL NOT BE A LAWYER!?!?!" shouted my mother. Her face was flushed with anger and my father looked flustered.
"Its not my dream, Its not what I want to do! Being a lawyer seems unexciting and you know I am not good at arguing with other ponies." I replyed quickly. Why are they being so angry? I am only twelve. Its seems like they are already planning my future.
I ran in to my room with tears pouring down my cheeks as my parents look at me with disapproval.I randomly saw paintbrushes and paint and started to dip them into various colors. I then started what my mother would call "painting" on my wall. My mother said I was never allowed to do such a thing. She said painting was only for commoners. But it seemed soothing, and I was frightened. What if this is my talent? What if they hate me? I shedded into tears and I looked up and saw this beautiful painting. My parents walked into my room so they could apologize and saw my mural and saw a cutie mark on my once blank flank.They then looked at me with disapproval again. My mother grabbed my hoof and took me out of my room as my dad threw my paint and paintbrushes into a box.
"WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!? DO YOU NOT SEE THAT YOU ARE A LAWYER!?" my mother screamed. I snuck a glance at my father with frightened eyes, he just nodded with approval at my mothers words.
" Let me handle this, my dear," explained father, who then took me into my room again.
" Honey, I love you and I can see that art is your special talent.Trust me, your mother loves you very much as well as I, but she is disappointed that you are not going to follow the path we set for you ." He gave me a hug.
"Thanks dad," I mumbled with a grim smile.He smiled back and then said
"The box of paintbrushes is under your bed," and closed the door and left.
I walked to my bed and sat down on the edge. I finally knew what my future holds. When I am eighteen, I am moving away from Canterlot and living my dream of being an artist...
"Ummm.... Hello? May I ask what you are staring at?" Said the white mare.
"Oh I apologize I started wandering off into space." I responded as I broke out of my thoughts.

"Well thats okay. I do say you have a very pretty mane and may I ask what your name is?"She questioned
"Yeah , I am Swirly Canvas and who are you?"
" I am Rarity and might I see what what you were sketching at the beginning of the train ride?"
"Oh sure" I didn't want to but I handed her my sketchpad. She looked at my sketch.
"Why this is splendid !" She then smiled.
"Uhhh... Really?" I looked at her confused.
"I Pinkie promise." with a dopy look on her face
"What is a Pinkie promise?"
"Oh my friend back in Ponyville says its more than a promise"
"Oh thats cool."
"Yes, I cross my heart hope to fly ,stick a cupcake in my eye! " We both then giggled.
"Dears we are now in Ponyville. Please take your bags and leave!"Screamed the conductor.
Rarity and I both walked over to our bags . I picked mine up and said goodbye to Rarity as she gathered her many bags. I walked outside of the train and looked at the beautiful dark sky as it rained.
"HEY THERE!" Screamed this bright pink pony.
I jumped and then said "Oh, hi there."
"You look new in town because I know everypony in Ponyville."
"Oh, yes I am. I just came from Canterlot."
"Oooh my friend Rarity is supposed to be coming from there tonight too."
"Yes , she is. She is still inside the train."
"Oooooh you met her. Did you know shes an amazing designer. Did you, did you? "
"I did not but thats why I am guessing she had a magnificant hat and scarf on"
Rarity walked over to us and said "Pinkie Pie, may you be a dear and help me?"
Pinkie responded "Oh sure thing Rarity!". She grabbed a bag. Pinkie then asked what my name is.
"Oh I'm Sw-"
Rarity Interupted, " She's Swirly. Swirly Canvas."
Pinkie Pie then said, "So Swirly where would you be staying?"
I responded, "I still am not sure."
"Well, how about we take Rarity's stuff back to her house and you can come with me to the bakery for tonight?"
"Oh yeah that would be nice."
We all walked to Rarity's house in the dark rain.With me and Pinkie both carrying Rarity's bags as long with mine while Rarity carrys her purse.
"Here you go Rarity" Me and Pinkie both said with a smile while we handed her the bags.Rarity walked inside with her bags and closed the door. We then started walking to the bakery
"Hey Swirly what is your talent?" Asked Pinkie Pie
"Oh ummm my talent is art pretty much but mainly painting." I responded
"THATS SUPER."
"yeah I like it and what is yours?"
"Oooooh I love parties, I love throwing parties! Ohhh speaking of parties you are getting one soon!"
"Uhh what for?"
"For moving to Ponyville silly!"
"Oh thats very nice thank you."
"WERE HERE!"I looked at the bakery there were treats in the window they looked so tasty.Pinkie Pie opened the door and there were two ponies looking at me.
"Pinkie pie who is your friend?" said both of the ponies
"Shes my friend Swirly. She just moved here from Canterlot."
"Ohh Caterlot, you're like royality"said the girl pony
" Not really I just came from a big place and wanted to move somewhere small so I could start my art career." I responded
"Well I am Mrs. Cake and this is my husband Mr. Cake"Pinkie then asked,
"So can she stay?"
Mrs. Cake replys, " Sure she can but she must work here with you Pinkie."
Pinkie jumps in excitement and asks me,
"So Swirly will you stay?"
I respond with a smile "Yes, Pinkie. I will stay"We both go up to Pinkie's room.
"Swirly I have two beds which one would you like?"
"I will take the blue bed. You can have the pink one." We giggled
"Here Swirly you can put your things over here." I set my stuff down right where she said to set them.We stayed up talking all night. She then asked
" How did you get your cutiemark?"
"I'll tell you another time Pinkie."
"Okay but we should be hitting the hay soon."
"Okay." We turned off the lights and went to sleep.