• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 294 Views, 0 Comments

My Paper Pony: Portals of the Past - NightfallGlimmer101



This story involves my OC characters I made. It is inspired by Paper Mario, so there might be some references in there. But, the story is ponies.

  • ...
 0
 294

Prologue: The Kidnap

We start off on a lovely day in Prance, where Nightfall Glimmer was hanging out with her best friends.

A serious bat pony mare named Icylia Shocker, a shy earth pony mare named Melody Breeze, an easily unsure pegasus mare named Dawn Light, an energetic unicorn colt named Pixel Belle, an extremely confident earth pony colt named Arcade Belle, and a kind hearted pegasus stallion named Prism Bolt.

They are at a library known as the Rainbow Library reading the latest historic discoveries with Professor Sapphire Pearl. As they were researching they came upon the most interesting of them all.

"Hey Professor? Can you help us what this discovery is about?" Icylia asks as she points to the final section of the book.

Sapphire nods as she reads it in her head once before looking at them. "This section is about the ancient spell book known as 'The Portals of Time' which was written and used by the famous unicorn wizard stallion Leon De Pierre.

It was said the location of the book has been found in the lost ruins of Tenochtitlan." Sapphire explains to her students who now are jaw dropped.

"Wait a second... as in THE Leon De Pierre from Maredonia!?" Nightfall Glimmer asks in excitement. She was a huge fan of Leon or any wizard at that.

Arcade smiles confidently. "We should go look for the book, everypony! It sounds like an adventure worth taking!" He says to the others.

Melody and Dawn, being themselves, becomes worried by the idea. "Oh my.... you think we should do this?" Melody asks. "We could get extremely hurt!" Dawn adds on with an equal amount of concern.

Pixel laughs a little at their attitudes. "Come on, Mel and Dawny! We haven't went on an adventure in quite a while!" He says as Professor Sapphire looks at them all.

"Hm... I think you 7 should take on this task... but before you leave, take this map to your location." She says as she hands them a map.

Prism takes the map then looks at it carefully before putting it up. "Alright! We'll see you when we all get back, Prof!" He says as he walks out with the rest of his friends.

As they exit the library, they realize that the ponies in the town were nowhere in sight. The group saw ponies everywhere when they were walking to the university, but now it's like the citizens have left.

"Wasn't there multiple citizens when we got here?" Nightfall speaks up to her friends.

"You make a point Nightfall... When we got here there was ponies everywhere. But, it's now like the ponies weren't even there when we got here, it's so quiet." Icylia says as they walk.

Suddenly, a loud "Hyaaaaaaah!!!" was heard in the distance as they were suddenly pointed to by three spears. Then more spears point at them as the group back away but all ended up bonking into a building.

"There's no use to hiding now, Mystical Students. Our ruler, Somber Moon will take care of you." One of the ponies said as they were all royal guards.

"We should knock them out first, Larry. Then we can take them away to our queen." The second guard said as they go into battle against Pixel and Icylia.

Pixel Belle starts off his turn as he was the youngest and youngest goes first. He takes out his paintbrush and does his "Splat" attack on the first guard, which had no effect against it.

"H-How is that possible? That should have hurt you!" Pixel said as fear rose into him. The second guard laughs at his fear.

"Oh my, is the baby going to cry? Ha ha! You got to take some strength pills because that was very weak!" The second guard, whose name is Supernova, says as he does his "Aerial Buck" at Pixel, which since he struggled on defending himself, got 8 damage, putting him at 2 health and in danger.

Icylia's eyes widen as she saw the amount of health Pixel took. She decides to do her "Swerve Daze" attack as she swerved around the guards which one of the guards counterattacks the bat pony, making her lose 6 damage and go into danger with 4 health left.

As the guards were about to attack, a dark yet soothing voice interrupts them. "My guards, let me handle these fools." The voice says as the guards step aside.

The pony was a dark gray alicorn with a flowy dark blue and black mane and tail, her horn had a gradient like effect from gray to red to orange on it, her eyes were light teal with a purple mist flowing from it, and a black mark on her flank which on top of it, a white moon broken by purple mist being her cutie mark.

"Empress Somber!" Larry And Supernova said as they bowed.

Icylia and Pixel still remained ready, but when they see their unconscious friends and Nightfall being tied in ropes within the light teal aura of Somber, they stopped being ready out of fear.

The alicorn laughs. "Awww, what a pity. You think I'm going to be easy to defeat? Well, my only words to you now are...Good night!!" She says as she uses a strange yet ancient book to zap the 2 ponies down.

Icylia and Pixel were both struck by the hit as they spun and fell on their stomachs because of their health going to 0. The lightning did 5 damage.

Somber Moon hands Nightfall to her two guards. "Supernova, Larry, take the princess to my tank. These foolish students have no use to this world anymore." She commands as she uses the book one more time and sucks them into it.

As Larry and Supernova listen and go to put Nightfall in the tank, there were hoofsteps in the distance.

"Shoot! I better leave!" She says as she flies off to the tank, but what she doesn't realize is that she dropped the book when she flew off...

But, what's the point of the book being dropped when the 6 Mystical Students were taken down and sucked into the book? Next time, we'll figure it out...

Author's Note:

Alright, here we go! The prologue of my story! This is my first story made, so please don't hate on it too much! But, if you can do so, please tell me how to improve my story. Okay? Alright. By the way, I'll be putting the other characters' pictures besides Icylia and Nightfall in the next chapter because I'm still having to redraw my hand drawn pictures of them to my phone pictures. For now, you can see Nightfall and Icylia.

Here is my picture of Paper Nightfall.

Here is the second picture of the characters, which is Icylia Shocker. I'll be making the others soon. See you in the next chapter of the book!