• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 492 Views, 17 Comments

MLP FIM: The Friend from Outer Space - Blaze Ishtar



An extraterrestrial being crash lands in Equestria. The Mane 6, being the first to interact with the alien, try to greet him... or her(?) as a friend, but is completely silent, making it hard for them to make friends with the creature.

  • ...
3
 17
 492

Chapter 2: First Words

Author's Note:

I hope this chapter is as good as chapter 1.

Later that night, in Twilight's castle, Twilight puts a pillow and a blanket on one of the couches in the library. The creature just stood there, watching as Twilight made a bed for him. Twilight felt a little uncomfortable as the creature just stood there, but she kept calm. Spike was observing the creature, curious about who he was, he walks over to Twilight, facing away from the creature and nudges her with his elbow.

Spike whispers to her so that the creature doesn't hear them talk, "Twilight, something about this pony freaks me out. If everything you said about him is true, about him falling out of the sky and all that, then we don't even know where he came from, we don't even know what species he is!"

Twilight whispers back to Spike, "I know, but as the Princess of Friendship, I have to try to make a good impression on him so I can make sure he's not dangerous, besides, we always thought changelings were bad, right? That was until you met Thorax and introduced him to Shining Armor, Cadence and the crystal guards. He doesn't seem hostile, so maybe everything will be okay."

Spike looks back at the creature, then turns back to Twilight, "Alright, but if he sucks out my brain while I sleep, that's your fault."

Twilight rolls her eyes and turns back to the creature, who was still staring, he had not moved an inch since Twilight prepared his sleeping area, "Well, so, I made a place for you to sleep, not sure if you use a blanket while you sleep but... yes, I made a sleeping area for you."

The creature of course did not respond, it stared for about five seconds before proceeding to slowly lay down on the couch and slowly closes its eyes. It stood perfectly still, not even a sound of breath, almost as if it had suddenly past away. Twilight slowly gets closer to listen for breathing, but there was no sound. Twilight tried shaking the creature to wake him up. The creature then opened its eyes.

Twilight took her hoof off of the creature's body, "S-Sorry... I was just... making sure you were okay."

The creature slowly closed its eyes again, back into the position it was as it fell asleep. Spike and Twilight slowly backed out of the room, making sure the creature didn't wake up. The two of them afterwards went to sleep as well in their own beds. Three hours later, Twilight wakes up to the sound of something breaking, Spike wakes up as well.

"What's going on!? Is somepony breaking in!?" Spike jerked up out of bed.

Twilight put her hoof over Spike's mouth and whisper yells to him, "Shhhhh! Be quiet! Stay here, I'll go check it out!" Twilight slowly opens bedroom door and slowly proceeds down the hallway, the door to the library was open. She checks the library to make sure the creature was still asleep... it was gone. Twilight freaks out for a moment and rushes through the hallways, looking for the creature, she then notices a light from behind the kitchen door. Twilight takes a peek in, it looked like the creature was putting a bunch of baking ingredients on the counter, milk, flour, sugar, eggs and butter. There was also some extra stuff on the counter like, whipped cream, syrup and strawberries. Twilight was curious to what the creature was doing, when suddenly it closes its eyes, the ingredients began to glow bright green as a bright flash is emitted from the counter, making Twilight look away. When Twilight looked back in, she saw three plates of pancakes, each plate had five pancakes, covered in syrup, topped with whipped cream with a side of strawberries. Twilight was amazed, this creature used some sort of magic and it doesn't even have a horn. She thought to herself, "What else is this being capable of!?" The creature suddenly turned towards the door, as if it knew he was being watched, Twilight backed away, hoping it didn't catch her.

A male voice came from inside the kitchen, "I know you're there, you can come in..."

Twilight slowly opens the door and looks at the creature, "You... You can talk?"

The voice came from the creature, but still, there was no mouth visible, "Yes..."

Twilight had a lot of questions for the creature, "Why didn't you talk before when we met back in the forest?"

The creature looked at Twilight, it tilted its head down, looking at floor, "I'm shy... I... I was afraid of meeting a new species..."

Twilight comforts the creature, "Hey it's okay, I understand, you're like my friend, Fluttershy, she barely talked when I first met her, but eventually we became friends. What's your name?"

The creature looked back up at Twilight, "My name is Zeon, I am what many would call, an "alien," but I'm actually a criux." (cry-ux)

Twilight looked at the pancakes Zeon had made, "How did you make these? I saw you make these without the need of a mixer or a stove. Also how're you able to speak, eat and drink without a mouth?"

Zeon looked at the pancakes, "Telekinesis powers, its what every criux has, we use it for flying and using what you would call, "magic." As for the speaking, the sounds I make comes out through my ears, sound goes in, sound goes out. As for the eating and drinking, my species are like living sponges, we consume by absorbing solids and liquids into our bodies. Here, watch this." Zeon takes a pancake from one of the plates and splats it on his face, where it is then absorbed into the area where his mouth would be if he had one. He takes another pancake and places it on his back, it phases into his body.

Twilight, all amazed, looked around Zeon's body, there were no crumbs or drops of syrup on the floor or on Zeon's body, he completely absorbed both pancakes without leaving a trace. "That's... cool! Can you taste it though?"

Zeon, who was patting his stomach, looked back at Twilight, "Huh? Oh! Yeah, I can still taste it no matter where it's absorbed, my fur is basically my taste buds, except there's no saliva, so thankfully I don't get stuck to metal that easily during the winter."

Twilight looked at the pancakes and wondered about something, she takes a fork and tries eating one of the pancakes, "Sweet Celestia! This is really good! Did you come from a gourmet planet or something!?"

Zeon was happy Twilight liked it, "I wish, I'm glad you like it though, there aren't that many good restaurants on my home world so we learn to make the best meals for ourselves."

Twilight looked at the time, "Well, it's still two-o'clock in the morning, I should get back to bed." Twilight turns around and begins walking to the kitchen door.

Zeon looked confused, "Bed? But I made pancakes for you and... Oh! That's right... you guys have a longer rotation..."

Twilight looked back, "Rotation?"

Zeon explains to Twilight, "My planet makes a complete rotation every twelve hours, day lasts for six hours, night lasts for six hours. Your planet makes a complete rotation every twenty four hours. Our sleep times our different too, it takes three hours for me to fully sleep, while it takes you six hours."

Twilight raises an eyebrow, "Does your species drink coffee by any chance?"

Zeon looked confused, "What? I don't know what that is."

Twilight explains, "It's what we drink to give us energy, it's usually for those who either have to wake up early or work late at night... Speaking of drinking, there's one last question before I go back to sleep. How're you able to drink an entire pond of water?"

Zeon looked happy, "I thought you'd never ask! Usually when your species eats, it takes around an hour for your body to digest your food, right? Well, my species can digest things in mere seconds! And your probably wondering where it all goes after its digested, right? Usually, you'd go use the bathroom, right? Well, at the end of my digestive track, there is actually a small dimensional portal that removes all waste from our bodies, because of that, we have no bathrooms at all on my homeworld."

Twilight interupts, "That's... interesting... I guess. Wait, so there's a portal inside of you?"

Zeon, looked at himself, "Yeah, it's kinda weird... we don't know where these portals inside of us go to but some say it goes into an empty dimension, a black void... Our anatomy is weird..."

Twilight just stood there in silence, "Okaaaaay... I'm just gonna go to bed now. Are you still gonna be awake when I wake up?"

Zeon thought about it for a moment, "Um... I guess I could try sleeping another three hours, I enjoy relaxing anyways."