• Published 16th Sep 2018
  • 765 Views, 39 Comments

Everytime - Tranquil Stone



Rainbow Dash is super excited to meet her exchange student, but when it ends up to be an old rival, things take a twist...

  • ...
3
 39
 765

~Chapter 6~

Panic. Fear. Confliction. All these emotions spiralled out of control as Soarin raced towards Fluttershy's house. Was this still a good idea? He could always just sit as home, sulk, and watch EquestriFlix. But...he had to tell her, and just rip the band-aid off. Swerving around a bend in the pathway, he arrived at Fluttershy's quaint, dainty home, neat rows of flowers leading up to the doorstep. Soarin gulped. Here goes nothing. He knocked on the door twice, anxiously waiting for a response. The door opened, and he saw not Rainbow Dash but... Discord?

He was loose baggy pants and jacket on top of his grey skin, grinning so his protruding tooth was clearly visible. Discord's horns stuck out of a baseball cap, which said, 'Chaos is a Wonderous Thing' He slipped his coffee out of a mug with the words, 'SoarinDash4Life' neatly printed. Soarin bent down and titled his head to properly see the mug.

"What is 'SoarinDash'?" he asked. But he was pretty sure he knew what is was.

"Pinkie Pie was handing these out for free in the neighbourhood. She gave this one with my favourite coffee in it- vanilla latte. I couldn't refuse" explained Disocrd, "Gonna tell RD how you feel?"

Soarin nodded. Discord and Soarin were good friends, they were both in the same math class, and became pretty good friends. Because of their hatred towards maths. They shared everything with each other. In fact, Discord came to Soarin for advice when it came to confessing to Fluttershy about how he felt. Discord opened the door and let his friend in. Fluttershy climbed down the stairs, giggling with a certain Rainbow Dash. Discord poked Soarin gently. Soarin took a deep breath, plastering on a smile. Rainbow stopped, looking at Soarin.

"S-S-Soarin?" Rainbow Dash stuttered. Soarin walked a little forward. 'You can do this' he thought to himself.

"Um, can I talk to you?" asked Soarin, "In private?" Rainbow Dash nodded slowly, ushering Soarin over to the backyard. As the two walked towards the glass door leading to the backyard, Fluttershy winked at her boyfriend.

"Hmm, I think they'll be making it official today" gushed Fluttershy, resting her head on Discord's shoulder. Discord took another sip out of his mug.

"Great. Oh wait- so 'SoarinDash', as in what's on my mug means..." Discord paused in thought. Fluttershy chuckled.

"Oh Discord."


Rainbow awkwardly scraped her shoe across the grass, "So...what did you wanna talk about?"

Soarin coughed, "Oh yeah, I wanted to apologise for yesterday..."

Rainbow Dash looked away, "Oh"

"Look, I don't like Lightning Dust, it's complicated why I'm dating her. But that kiss last night- it was Lightning Dust. She wants you to be jealous, and mess up the next soccer championship'' continued Soarin. Rainbow perked up.

"Well, I admit it wasn't the greatest feeling on Earth. You could've been a little gentler with emphasizing you and Lightning right in my face" confessed Rainbow Dash. Realizing what she said, she placed a hand on her mouth in embarrassment, "Oh, uh- I didn't mean that you, uh... I totally wasn't-"

Soarin felt a little bit of confidence surge through him. Did Rainbow feel something for him too? He shook his head at the thought. No, that was ridiculous. But he had to tell her now. He'd just hide his relationship from his parents- that would fix everything, right? Soarin sighed. He guessed that would fix things- for now at least.

"Soarin?"

Soarin looked back up, snapping out of thought, "Oh, sorry, I was just thinking something"

Rainbow nodded, "To be honest, I have to tell you something too"

"Yeah?"

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath in, composing herself. 'You can do this girl' she told herself. 'One chance. Don't mess up. It's for Soarin.'

"I-I-I can't really control my feelings- I r-r-really. Really. Like you Soarin!" blurted Rainbow, blushing bright red. Soarin blushed in return, feeling his cheeks burn. This was totally not what he was expecting.

"Oh. I don't think we can be friends at all now that you told me this" said Soarin solemnly. Rainbow felt her heart sink.

"O-O-Okay Soarin. That's perfectly fine if you don't-" Before Rainbow could continue, Soarin quickly pullled her close and brought her into a passionate kiss, holding onto her waist. Rainbow looked utterly confused, eyes wide open, eventally melting into the kiss, closing her eyes gently, placing her arms around his neck.

"Well I do love a happy ending, but doesn't Soarin have to go back to Cloudsdale soon? " interrupted Discord, appearing between them, making them stop.

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, "Couldn't you have given them some privacy babe?"

DIscord chuckled, "Where's the fun in that?"

Soarin kept holding Rainbow, looking deep into her magenta eyes, "I'm not going anywhere. Canterlot High is amazing- I'm gonna stay"

Discord interrupted again, "I'm gonna leave you two lovebirds at it. After all, you two wasted eleven months aruging, feeling jealous, and for Soarin, fake dating Lightning"

Rainbow nodded, not breaking her gaze off Soarin, "Sounds great"

She quickly turned back to everyone, "And guys- no telling anyone about our relationship yet, I'll break it to the school when I'm ready. I have a reputation to maintain"

Soarin, Discord and Fluttershy all laughed in unison, as Rainbow Dash kept looking at them confused.

"I'm serious"


Soarin and Rainbow Dash strutted down the hallway, hand in hand, as all the onlookers stared in amazement.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" whispered Soarin. Rainbow Dash nodded. Having a boyfriend wouldn't make her any less tough. It just shows that she's capable of love too. Rainbow glanced up at Soarin. His messy navy hair and sparkling emerald were truly a sight to behold. Besides, having the hottest boy in school as her boyfriend came with a lot of respect points*. An angry looking aqua girl with blonde hair stomped over to them.

"Soarin! Are you dating...Rainbow Dash?" spat Lightning Dust. Soarin pulled Rainbow closer by the waist,

"Yeah, you got a problem with it?" retorted Soarin. Lightning seemed unfazed.

"No, not at all. I'd like to see what your parents will do when they find out you're dating a..." Lightning struggled to find an appropriate term to branch Rainbow and her family, "Her kind"

Rainbow stepped forward, glaring at the girl, " 'Her kind'?"

Lightning didn't seem threatened, "Yeah, it's not like you come from the most reputable of families, Dashie"

Rainbow Dash pulled her arm backwards, balling her hand into a fist, and with a tremendous force, released it, sending a hard punch towards Lightning's cheek. Lightning Dust instantly brought her hand up to her bruised cheek in shock. The other students crowded around the violent scene, some taking out there phones filming the entire scene.

"Say something about me, and I'll stay quiet. Say something my family, I won't hold back" growled Rainbow Dash. Soarin stared in shock as well, and quietly ushered Rainbow away from the flashing cameras.

"Before you say anything, Soarin-" started Rainbow Dash.

"Wow. That was...awesome" said Soarin, in loss for words, "I didn't know my girl could throw a punch so well"

Rainbow blushed. Hearing Soarin refer to her as 'his' was so satisfying to hear, like a dream come true. The two walked out towards the Wondercolt Statue, watching the setting sun. Soarin bowed and offered Rainbow a hand to sit. Rainbow giggled, took his hand, and sat down. Soarin joined her, and they watched the setting sun.

"The amazing oranges, reds, yellows and purples are just so beautiful. The blended colours between each shade are just so beautiful. Its amazing how nature can do such...magic" sighed Rainbow Dash, admiring. Soarin didn't take his eyes off one thing though.

"Well, its nothing in comparison to you. You're better than a million of those sunsets to me. A million girls. A million anything" said Soarin, not once breaking his gaze of Rainbow Dash. Rainbow chuckled, shoving him playfully.

"And that laugh of yours is so cute"

Rainbow Dash blushed, smiling and looking down at the pavement, "Hah, no it isn't"

Soarin raised an eyebrow, "I guess you can't recognize true beauty when you see it"

"Well, recognized yours" Rainbow flirted back.

"Making a strong move, huh?" chuckled Soarin.

Rainbow stared off into the sunset again, and they sat in silence for a little. This was it. Paradise. No troubles ahead. They both knew that if they had each other, it would be alright. At the end of a tough road, they found each other. And that's all they would ever need again. All the troubles in the future- together. And they weren't going anywhere in a hurry. Pinkie Pie stared at the happy couple from afar, grinning from ear to ear.

"My ship has sailed the oceans" beamed Pinkie, wiping a little tear from the corner of her eye, before staring up into the sunset again.

"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU DESTROY SUCH A HAPPY COUPLE, TRANQUIL!!" yelled Pinkie, waving her hands madly in the sky.

JUST GET BACK IN THE STORY PINKIE PIE!!

"What are you doing Pinkie?" shouted Rainbow from afar, wondering what the strange girl was up to. Pinkie giggled nervously and waved a hand towards them as if to say 'Carry on' Rainbow shrugged, walking back to Soarin. That girl would be a mystery. But that was for later. Right now, she had to live in the moment, and be present in life. And right now, her life very fortunetly, included Soarin. She would always come back to him. Be by his side. Care for him. Be his one and only. Everytime.

The end....Or is it?

*It's a joke guys. She still appreciates him!

Author's Note:

Yayy a happy ending!! Or is it....

Not, we aren't at the end of the story, I'll be releasing part two next weekend as usual :pinkiehappy::scootangel: And by the way, the whole 'Soarin's parents' thing will all be explained next chapter, so keep an eye out for that :raritywink: And @superfun -there's your punch for Lightning Dust :rainbowlaugh:

It's been my absolute honor to write Part 1 of 'Everytime' for all of you, and I hope you enjoyed it! Until part 2 ^^

~Tranquil Stone