• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 1,134 Views, 38 Comments

Lightning's Revenge - SeleneMizutani



Lightning Dust has held a grudge on Rainbow Dash for over a year. She decides to seek revenge.

  • ...
13
 38
 1,134

Duel

Third Person (trying something new this time)

As the twelve girls charged towards Lightning Dust and her associates, Soarin sneaked quietly to the imposing machine Rainbow was chained to.

He crept over to the control panel and flipped the red switch located in the middle.

At once the chains let go and Rainbow's limp body fell to the ground.

Soarin went over to her, carrying the first-aid box he had brought with her in the morning.

Blood trickled down her multiple wounds, staining Soarin's clothes and the floor around her.

He couldn't care less.

Soarin took out a roll of gauze and started bandaging her wounds.

"Oh, Rainbow. Why did Lightning do this to you?" he said silently.

Five minutes later, all of Rainbow's wounds were taken care of, so Soarin sat down beside her, placing her head on his lap, as he didn't have magic and can't assist with the fight.

He whispered,"I love you, Rainbow."

********************************************************************************************************
Meanwhile, in the battle zone...

"See if you girls could handle this!" cried Lightning Dust.

She prepared a zap of magic of shot it at her friends.

They were also transformed into monstrous creatures just like her.

Ready for combat, the villains put on a fighting stance and readied their best moves.

The Equestrian Twilight took out the Elements of Harmony she had been holding all along and tossed them to her friends.

"Ready?" she asked.

"You bet!" Pinkie replied.

With a blast of magic, the twelve girls ponied up.

The Equestrian counterparts took the forms of the Power Ponies.

Twilight: Masked Matter-Horn

Pinkie: Fili-Second

Rainbow Dash: Zapp

Rarity: Radiance

Fluttershy: Saddle Rager

Applejack: Mistress Mare-velous

They also gained the powers each pony got.

The original ones just ponied up normally, using the powers they got from the geodes.

The twelve split into pairs, each pairing up with their human or pony counterpart.

As Sunset had no counterpart, and Zapp's counterpart was seriously injured, the two formed a pair.

"We're ready for you, Lightning Dust!" cried Zapp.

Lightning replied,"I'll sit and watch your defeat while my friends fight you one-on-two!"

As she said that, a stone throne rose in the middle of the room. She flew over to it, and made herself comfortable.

"Seriously?" said Masked Matter-Horn.

Lightning snapped her fingers, and her comrades loaded their arms with blasts of magic, and charged.

Watching each other's backs, the twelve superheroes took a deep breath each and also charged.

It was dueling time!

Twilight and Masked Matter-Horn immediately started attacking.

Twilight levitated various sorts of objects at Sour Sweet, while Masked Matter-Horn froze the objects to make it hurt even more on contact.

As chairs, tables, and other objects hit Sour, she screamed in pain, but retaliated quickly by throwing the 'missiles' back at them.

Masked Matter-Horn created an ice wall, reflecting the objects back at Sour Sweet.

The battle continues at the other side of the room, where Rarity and Radiance were in a full-out battle with Sunny Flare.

Sunny Flare kept shooting blast after blast of deathly magic at the duo, while Rarity, with her dazzling diamond shield, reflected them back at her.

At the same time, Radiance created a large number of energy constructs, and fired them at Sunny Flare.

Sunny was too agile to be hit with her own magic or the energy constructs, so she lifted all of the energy at once and hurled them down on the floor, causing a mini explosion.

Rarity and Radiance jumped out of the way, and Sunny Flare continued shooting explosions at them, so they fled and ran around the room, avoiding each blast.

Next to them, Pinkie Pie and Fili-Second's hands were full with keeping Lemon Zest at bay.

Fili-Second was running around Lemon in circles to try to distract her with her super-speed, as Pinkie Pie threw handfuls of cupcake sprinkles at Lemon, but she dodged each one.

"Take that, you party-pooper!" cried Pinkie in her usual cheerful tone.

She placed a can of sprinkles directly under Lemon Zest, who had the capability to fly, and it exploded, covering her in sticky cupcake batter, gluing her to the ceiling.

Fili instantly ran up the nearest wall up to the ceiling, and stuck any loose bits of batter firmly to the ceiling.

However, Lemon wasn't so easy to beat.

She pulled herself free, and threw the batter back at the duo.

They were stuck to the floor as Lemon Zest advanced on them, cackling madly.

Applejack and Mistress Mare-velous were heated up on war with Sugarcoat, near to Pinkie and Fili-Second.

Mistress Mare-velous tried her best to lasso Sugarcoat down, but she won't give up and commanded vines and thornbushes to hold the two steady, so she could launch a deathly blow.

As the vines closed in on Mistress Mare-velous, Applejack ran to her rescue by using her secret weapon: Super strength.

She pushed with all her might against the vines and successfully pushed them back against a wall.

As Applejack lifted up a heavy table, gained altitude to throw it at Sugarcoat, she and Mistress Mare-velous heard screams to the right of them.

They turned, momentarily distracted.

Lemon Zest was advancing on Pinkie and Fili-Second, an evil grin on her face as she loaded a deathly blast.

Applejack gasped and cried,"Pinkie! NO!"

She rushed over to her fallen comrades and stood in front of them, blocking them from Lemon Zest.

Lemon said evilly,"Good! One more to vanquish!"

But before she could fire, Applejack pushed her with all her strength and she went flying, crashing against a wall.

Mistress Mare-velous then seized the opportunity to bind Lemon Zest with her trusty lasso.

"One down." she muttered to herself.

Applejack pulled Pinkie and Fili-Second out of the cupcake batter.

A screeching noise from behind startled the four superheroes.

Sugarcoat was screaming over Lemon's defeat.

She loaded yet again another blast and fired.

At the crucial moment, Applejack raised a table and blocked the blast, reflecting it back to Sugarcoat.

She dodged, but what she couldn't predict, was the blast also reflected off the wall ten feet behind her and hit her in the back of her head, causing her to pass out.

Nearby, Fluttershy and Saddle Rager were busy dueling with Zephyr Breeze, who gained superhuman flight abilities.

"Zephyr, why are you doing here?" asked Fluttershy.

Zephyr replied,"You told me to find a job, big sis! I found one, and that's working for Lightning Dust!"

"I meant a proper job! Not helping evil forces and nearly killing my best friend, Rainbow Dash!" she said.

"DON'T EVER MENTION HER NAME TO ME! SHE BROKE MY HEART AND I'M JUST SEEKING REVENGE!" cried Zephyr, his face twisted with anger and loathing.

Saddle Rager interrupted,"No more of these talking! Just fight already!"

She lost her temper and started transforming into a gargantuan monster with inhuman strength and charged.

Zephyr nimbly dodged and Saddle smashed into a wall, cracking it.

The wall shivered and shook, then crashed in the end, as the debris fell on Zephyr, knocking him out.

"Little brother! Are you alright?" asked Fluttershy.

"DON'T SYMPATHIZE WITH HIM! HE'S A NO-GOOD CRIMINAL AND DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED!" cried Saddle, returning to her original form.

Sunset Shimmer and Zapp were trying their best to fend off the aggressive Indigo Zap, but it was a hard job.

Zapp fired lightning bolts at her, while Sunset tried to create illusions in her head to distract her.

Indigo counter-attacked by hitting anyone she could, not even caring if it was enemy or ally.

The duo were trying their hardest to dodge, but failed, and fell to the ground.

Suddenly, Zapp had an idea.

"You create a happy illusion to distract her, and I'll put her into a tornado!" she whispered to Sunset.

Sunset nodded and let Indigo think that Rainbow Dash was killed and she was gazing at her dead body, kicking it into the sewer.

As Indigo was trapped in the illusion, Zapp used her lightning bolt necklace to create a powerful tornado and it sucked Indigo in it, knocking her unconscious.

"Yes!" shouted Zapp.

Meanwhile, back at Twilight and Masked Matter-Horn's battle, things were looking good for them.

Sour Sweet was tired from throwing the objects back at them, and her throws significantly weakened.

Twilight used this to her advantage, and hurled a particularly large table with all her might at Sour.

It hit her right on her solar plexus and she fell, fainted from the strong blow.

On the other side of the room, Sunny Flare was on the downside too.

Rarity and Radiance had recovered from the explosions, and were firing energy blasts at her.

Sunny was knocked down to the ground, and Rarity bound her with her diamond shield.

Still on her stone throne, Lightning Dust was shocked. It was apparent that they were losing the battle, and she had to prevent it from happening.

"ENOUGH!" she yelled.

Everyone fell silent.

"That was only the beginning. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have something to do." she said.