• Published 24th Jul 2018
  • 342 Views, 1 Comments

Let it all out - alternate version - TwiwnB



Twilight gets some bad news.

  • ...
 1
 342

Time to go

“Spike! Spike! It’s time to go!” Twilight shouted.

Of course. He was the one who wanted to go, but when the time had come, he was nowhere to be seen. Not that she didn’t have any idea on his location. Rarity’s boutique was top of the list in moments such as this one.

She heard a knocking on the door and, without even thinking, went to it, opened it and scolded Spike for being late.

But it wasn’t Spike she was scolding.

That was a pony.

A stallion.

Who shouldn’t have been here as far as she could judge.

“Hello Twilight.” Her brother said.

A shiver traversed her whole body, forcing her to sit down. She couldn’t help but feel that the light had suddenly dimed in quite a spectacular way. She tried to reply, but words, or even sounds, just died in her throat.

“Can I enter?” Shining Armor asked.

She nodded.

He went a few steps in, then turned to his sister.

“So… How are you doing?” He asked.

“Fine. And you?” She replied.

But no response came.

“I should explain, shouldn’t I” Shining Armor said after a while.

She nodded. Not that she truly wanted to know what was going on, but it was her duty. She was a princess. She had dedicated her life to always doing her duty. She wasn’t going to fail now.

“I come back from home.” He explained.

“Home?” Twilight asked.

“Not the crystal kingdom.”

She had already understood that. And her brain was doing the rest of the work. There weren’t many other possibilities. And the conclusions were pretty easy to draw.

“Do you want some tea?” Twilight asked. “Some green tea maybe?”

He just told her. Right there, right at that moment.

She had already understood. Deep down, she felt like she had already known.

Her vision blurred. She just couldn’t prevent it.

“It was very peaceful…” Shining explained.

“Stop.” Twilight asked. “I don’t want to hear it.”

Shining Armor did stop. He hesitated. He tried to hug his sister, but she evaded his move and went in the center of the hall, calling for Spike to prepare green tea.

“Twilight.” He called for her. “I don’t blame you. I’m here for you.”

He hadn’t finished speaking that Twilight had turned toward him. He took only one glance at her and understood it was time for him to leave. It was the best course of action, at least for the time being. So he left, but not before telling her once again that she could rely on him and that he loved her.

The door closed.

She stayed in the middle of the hall, feet and feet away from the nearest wall. So far away from the ceiling. So far under the floor…