• Published 11th Jul 2018
  • 1,016 Views, 26 Comments

Sunset's Setups - n3k1dsk1llz



Sunset's friends set her up on dates

  • ...
0
 26
 1,016

Muffins

Sunset was surprised when the wall-eyed girl walked up to her at the park. She was wearing a cute navy skirt with a white top. It looked quite good with her skin tone.

“Hey, Sunset Shimmer. I'm surprised you agreed to this date. I didn't think you and Flash were talking anymore.”

“I'm just tr...wait did you Flash? As in Flash Sentry, Flash?”

The girl nodded her head, enthusiastically. Then she stopped and her smile faded

“Uh oh. Was this a bad idea? Should I leave?”

It was then that Sunset noticed she had her face scrunched up, probably in some weird mix of confusion and anger.

“No. I'm sorry. I just didn't think Flash would be setting me up on dates. Probably why he didn't tell me about today, himself. But you know what? We're here so let's go!”

Sunset grabbed the girl's hand and led her over to the paddle boats.

“Have you ever been on a paddle boat? I used to do this a lot when I first moved here. It was one of the few things that relaxed me. I actually came out here after my first fall formal. I couldn't get the boats because they were locked, but it was still nice to be close to them.”

“So pretty…”
The odd response prompted Sunset to glance in the girl’s direction. She was staring at a butterfly that was right in front of her face. Her smile was large and infectious. Sunset felt her own smile form as the pure joy this girl felt in this moment passed over between them. As the butterfly flew away, Sunset became very aware of the fact that she was still holding the girl’s hand. It was warm and comfortable. The girl squeezed Sunset’s hand. Sunset looked back to the girl’s smile. It had softened, but now included an internal mirth that could probably only be rivaled by Pinkie Pie.

The girl suddenly pulled Sunset toward the boats. “Come on! Lets have some fun.”

Sunset considered it a lucky day when she found out that the line for the paddle board was really short. They were usually the most popular attraction at the park. They would need a two-seater. Most of the boats were two-seaters, so that shouldn't be a problem. She paid the rental fee at the window and started looking at the boats. It didn't take her long to find her date already sitting in literally the only Forrest Green boat that the park had. Why Forrest Green? Oh well. At least it wasn’t the pink one.

As they started paddling out, the girl next to Sunset was just staring at...everything, as far as she could tell.

“So, um, I'm just curious. I'm assuming both your eyes work fine, they just,don't line up. Right?”

“Oh yeah. I can look at where I'm going and at you at the same time. Hee hee.”

Sunset noticed that she was doing just that. It was actually...kind of awesome.

“Is it ever hard? I mean...I can't even imagine it.”

“Well I've been like this my whole life. I can't say if its hard or not. It's all I've ever known.”

The was nothing in her voice but peace about it. And the peace was taking over both of them.

They spent the rest of the boat ride in silence, each of them just enjoying the other’s company. It wasn't until they rounded their last turn that Sunset noticed they didn't have to talk to each other to turn the boat. They were in complete synchronization with each other the whole time along their winding path. This made her smile inwardly.

Once out of the boat, they started strolling aimlessly through the park. Everyone there seemed so happy. The children on the playground were all laughing and screaming in delight. Their parents were laughing and talking among themselves.

“I guess other people thought this was a good place for a date too, huh?”

The girl’s comment caused Sunset to notice it too. All around them were couples. Couples holding hands. Couples sitting in the grass. Couples getting hot dogs. Even a couple that thought they were hiding behind a tree. It was a little gross to see, but Sunset certainly wouldn't mind if she had something like that.

“Oh~. A fruit cart! Let's get some.” Sunset again was pulled by the girl. She really didn't mind this. In fact, Sunset could see this girl being her special somep…

Sunset stopped herself. Logic flooded her mind, awoken by the realization that she was falling for this girl after only a couple hours. How could this be happening? Sure the girl was nice, but Sunset barely knew her. Plus, just a couple weeks ago, she was essentially not interested in dating at all.

Then the thing that would probably hang over every single one of these dates if she ever got serious: she was a pony. Sure she had the same type of body as these people, but her heart and soul were still Equestrian.

The girl turned around and smiled at Sunset. She was holding two bags. Both were full of cut up fruit. One looked a little more red than the other.

“I didn't know if you liked spicy or not so I got one with chili and one without.”

“Um...I don't know either.” Sunset reached for the red bag.

It was delicious.
-----------------------
Sunset had walked the girl home. She actually lived really close to the park.

“I had a really nice time. And I think you did too. Wanna try this again next week?”

The girl threw her arms around Sunset's neck and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I would love to go out with you again, Sunset Shimmer.” Her cheeks were beginning to blush. Sunset could feel her own neck starting to warm up. She was excited. She hadn't actually been excited for anything in a long time.

Author's Note:

Suggested by a friend and I had to do it. The idea was too cute.

Also thank to that same friend (BronyDude777) for proofreading this chapter for me.

I'm trying to release something every week. So next week we'll either see what Sunset does with her new friend or I'll have something entirely new posted up. I've got a couple other stories that I'm actively writing, so we'll see what happens.