• Published 11th Jul 2018
  • 1,016 Views, 26 Comments

Sunset's Setups - n3k1dsk1llz



Sunset's friends set her up on dates

  • ...
0
 26
 1,016

Sunset Shimmer

The girls had been really supportive during the week at school. Sunset was hurt but they really helped her work through it. She had even spent a couple nights with Rarity when she was particularly down. It was a good thing that she wasn't alone on those nights.

On the weekend, though, she was definitely needing alone time. Pinkie wanted her to come over for baking and a movie. Sunset declined. Applejack invited her to a family dinner. Sunset said no thanks. She avoided the shopping spree with Rarity and the nature walk with Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash was the only one that hadn't tried to get her to do anything. Sunset wondered what she was doing.

She pondered to herself all the possible things Rainbow Dash could be doing while she made her coffee. There weren't any games this weekend. Rainbow Dash would've been sure to make sure everyone knew. Were there any new movies she might go see? No. Rainbow wasn't big on movies. She'd sit and watch when the whole gang was together, but Sunset always noticed that Rainbow would get antsy. She wouldn't see a movie on her own. Unless she wasn't on her own. She could've gone with her teammates. After all, Rainbow Dash did have more than one group of friends.

Sunset sat in her window seat with her coffee and toast. Her mind emptied as she chewed and looked out her window. But it didn't stay empty for long.

The girl popped into Sunset's head as she finished her toast. Her yellow hair. Her goofy smile. Her gorgeous eyes. And her soft lips.

“Nope!” Sunset stood up and downed her coffee. It was hot. Thankfully not hot enough to seriously injure her, but definitely hot enough to make her focus on the here and now. “Ow.”

Sunset put her mug in the sink and turned off her coffee pot. She got dressed and headed for her parking structure. She was gonna take herself out. She started up her bike and sped out of her structure. She didn't care about tickets today.

She drove by her gut. If her gut told her to turn left, she turned left. If it told her to slow down, she slowed down. It it told her to speed through an intersection, she sped through an intersection. Sunset thought doing this was a great idea. She’d end up somewhere random. New. It would be perfect.

Perfect, she thought, until she ended up at the park. Why was she at the park? Why was she pulling into the parking lot of the park? Why was she parking? Why did she bring her guitar?

Sunset was torn. There was a part of her that wanted to avoid this place. But there was also a part of her that knew better. She shouldn't let one bad experience keep her from enjoying a place that brought her so much happiness in the past. And with that thought, Sunset got off her bike, grabbed her guitar, and took a spot on a bench under the shade of a tall oak.

She hadn't been very big on music back in Equestria. Princess Celestia always sent her tickets to concerts of all sorts, but she never went. Sunset figured her time would be wasted doing such things. But when she came to this world, she lost everything. She lost her magic. She had no idea how to get by in this world. But her new body gave her clues. She didn’t have magic, but she could see how people used their hands. They used their hands for everything. She decided she would have to master this new appendage if she was going to take over this world.

And, of course, that decision lead to her learning to play guitar. And not only did she learn guitar, she learned it with both hands. It seemed so logical at the time. The practice DID help her survive in this world, though. After “borrowing” her first guitar, she was able to panhandle for money as a street performer. She made sure to never do it for too long in any one area. She also made sure not to do it too close to the portal, as she would need to make the school that stood there her base of operations.

The memories started to make Sunset a little sad. Not sad that she had to work so hard, but sad that her goals had been so...pointless. Before she could dive into her misery, she noticed that a little girl had wondered up to her. The girl had a big smile on her face.

“Mommy, Mommy! Come here!”

As the girl’s mother approached, the girl started to look sad.

“Don’t stop playing, lady. Please.”

Sunset then realized that she had been strumming mindlessly while she was lost in her thoughts, and only stopped when the girl had approached her.

“Ivory. Ivory Spark! Don’t bug that girl. She just wants to relax.”

Sunset chuckled. “It’s okay, ma’am. She’s not bothering me. In fact, I was just about to play her a song.”

“See mommy? She’s nice. And she makes good music.”

The mother looked at Sunset, “Well, if you don’t mind. We are here to have a relaxing day.”

Sunset started playing as they sat on the bench next to her. They were both really enjoying Sunset’s happy tune.

Author's Note:

I got this done and posted it straight up.

It's basically a rough draft.

Let me know if you find things that need fixing and I'll get them fixed :D