• Published 15th Oct 2018
  • 958 Views, 9 Comments

King of the Seas - KG1945



Lady Fluttershy looses her father at sea and is engaged to a feared aristocrat. With the help of her friend Twilight they sneak onto a ship. Will they find Fluttershy's father? Or will she live her life with a loveless marriage.

  • ...
1
 9
 958

Dead mares tell no tales

Waves, just calm waves across the horizon. Seagulls chattering in the clear blue sky. A ship sails in the world's most mysterious and dangerous part of the ocean. The ship is new, sturdy planks, and big strong sails. On the nose there's a carving of a beautiful young alicorn, with lovely flowing hair. The name of the ship is shown on the back saying The Majestic Celestia.

The crew is seen doing their daily routine, checking the sails, tightening the ropes, and scrabing the poop deck. One of these stallions was an old timer, he was was trying to lift a heavy looking barrel. But like all ponies his age, his strenght has left him. I wish I had my lucky scarf. He cursed to himself for being so foolish especially for a pony at his age. He could only hope that nopony will notice his old scarf his wife made for him, is gone. Maybe when we reach the docks I'll sneak in grab my scraf. Then I don't have to worry about-

The door at the back of the ship opened and everypony stood up straight,looking at their stallion in command.

"C-Caption Blueblood," Blueblood was the richest and most cruelest aristocrat in all of Equestria. He is in the trading business, traveling all over the world to get all the needs for the kingdom. But he would also us this to get himself the most gorgeous treasures and luxurious clothing. He wore a dark blue suit, with white ruffles on his white shirt, and the most fanciest boots that are so expensive that if any stallion wanted them would have to work his whole life of earnings just to get a half of one boot. His long golden hair was tied in a loose ponytail and he wore big black captain's hat.

"Everything is going to plan sir...we haven't seen any... t-the wind is blowing in the west and the t-tides-" The nervous young sailor was interrupted. "Yes.." He said looking at the sail being pushed out by the wind. "Everything is going so splendidly." He looked around the deck. All of the crew silently waited for what he had to say next. "Keep up the good work." He turned around to go back to his quarrters. The crew let out a sigh of relief and continue with their work. "Oh... I almost forgot."

All of them quickly turned to stare at him, sweat running down their brows. If you knew Blueblood he would always find out something and the outcome was never merciful.

"When you try and steal something that you know doesn't belong to you." He gave a glare at one particular sailor. "Make sure that you don't leave any evidence." He pulled out a old torn scarf. Everypony's eyes widen and moved out of the way to show the old stallion with a short white beard and tattered clothes. He shaked under the captain's gaze. He looked down at his hooves as the captain went up to him glaring. Then started to circle around him.

"How long have you been working here?" Blueblood asked casually looking at the ocean. The stallion gulped and responded "Th-thirty years s-sir." The blonde stallion turned his head slightly an gave a dark expression which gave every soul a cold feeling. "Thirty years." He surprised them with a light laugh full of cruel humor. "Thirty buck'n years." He gave a small chuckle before facing the poor elder. "You've been working for thirty years. Yet you forgot who's ship this is, and who's in charge of this crew." He leaned in to his old wrinkled ear. "Even you, a lousy, filthy bastard who has no business with what I'm doing on my ship. And you should know I don't like theives on my deck."

The older stallion was terrified, but found his courage to speak. "P-please forgive me I-I was just cleaning your selves of antiques. Th-then I walked over to your desk a-and I saw..." He looked up and saw Blueblood towering over him giving out a dark stare. "When I was a lad I heard the legend, a-and I got curious why you of all ponies had the.." He paused when a sound of a sword being taken out of its sword belt. Captain Blueblood held up his sword inches from the old stallion's face. "And you out of all the crew should know to never go behind the captain's back." The elder started to sweat when Blueblood's sword started to pull back. "Don't you recall the old saying 'curiosity killed the cat'?"

Every stallion started to grow more nervous by the second. Especially the one that is being told this himself. Blueblood raised his sword above the elder's head, it shined brightly with the suns' rays reflecting it. The old sailor started to shake all over, will the others watch this horrific scene with wide eyes. Suddenly the weapon came down as quick as a flash. The crew let out a great gasp to what their captain had just done.

One eye opened to see what happened, then the second one opened, looking around confused. Then the old stallion saw his scarf cut straight down the middle in front of him. He looked up and saw Blueblood putting his sword away. "Unless you want to end up like this piece of garbage." Pointing to the old cut scarf. "Then I strongly recommend that you.." He leaned to his ear and said in a threatening whisper. "To remember your place and the ponies you work for." He paused and added a mischievous smirk. "Or used to work."

Captain Blueblood stood up and held out his hoof, there was not need to say what he wanted. The older stallion reached into his pocket and pulled out a rolled up piece of parchment with a golden color ribbon tide on it. He dropped it in Blueblood's hoof, and watched him as he carefully put it in his coat pocket. Blueblood knew he couldn't let this thief go lightly, if anypony gets in trouble on his ship they get extremely punished. He gave off an evil smirk at the old fool. "We can't have any filthy thieves on the deck now can we?"

He trembled at his feet, fear consuming his fragile body. The old sailor prayed to the heavens above for mercy from the demon before him. "You Two!?" Blueblood pointed out two young stallions. On the right was a blue coated unicorn colt with dark blue curly hair. He wore gray trousers, a brown shirt, with an old cap. The other stallion to the left was an earth pony, had an dark yellow coat, brown curly hair, and green eyes. He wore black trousers, a white long sleeved shirt, with a unbuttoned purple vest.

Both stepped forward sweat dripping on the back of their necks. Blueblood took one last look at the old fool in front of him. He was an idiot to think that somepony like him, could steal anything from this ship and go with mercy. Captain Blueblood looked at the two younger colts. "Take our little criminal here and put him in the lower part of the ship." Everypony all looked around with worried looks. Even though the ship was one of the grandest ships ever to set sail, it also had it's negatives. The lower part was for prisoners who so happen to find their way on ships. And like all cells they were small, filthy, and full of rats scampering around. In fact whenever a rodent is caught on the deck or nimbling on the crews food storage, he would made who ever found it put it in the cells. So that if anypony was a stowaway or committed a crime they'll either get the plague or get their hooves chewed on. So that's why no soul dared to cause any trouble. Until this very day.

"Are you sure that is wise captain?" Blueblood stared into the eyes of the sailor with the curley brown hair. The young sailor knew he was risking his life by questioning the captain's authority, but he felt that he needed to take a stand to the poor soul at the captain's hooves. "This punishment your giving s-sir um... j-just don't you think you're being too... too.."

"Are you denying my orders?"

The young sailor was trembling in fright at him tone, dripping with venom. "N-NO SIR! I just think it's a bit..harsh for a stallion his age to be..t-to be.."

"Put to his grave?" The captain asked raising an eyedrow.

"I-I just t-think.."

"You think?" He approached him giving him a small glare. "You think?"

The sailor looked around and saw the fearful expressions on the crews faces. Blueblood was right in front of him, towering over him. He was terrified, but was determined to show bravery.

"What is your name?"

He jumped a bit at his captain's friendly tone, a bit too friendly. "S-Sandwich. My name Ch-Cheese Sandwich." Cheese got the courage to look up to see the captain's cruel eyes. But to be more surprised to find some warmth in those light cold blue eyes.

"Ah, yes I know you." He gave a small smile, which to Cheese showed anything but kindness.

"You're a clown, an entertainer for the crew. You and your..." His eyes made contact to the blue unicorn.

Cheese wanted to punch this stallion in his heavenly face and give him a big swollen eye. But Cheese wasn't the type to do any sort of violence, plus if he did it could cost him his head. "He is my cousin, Party Favor, he helps me around the deck."

"I see." The Captain was staring at Party Favor. "Please, come over Mr. Favor." Everypony didn't know what was happening and they didn't like it. Party was dripping in sweat as he approached, he stood on the left side of his cousin. They gave each other very nervous glances as they faced their captain.

Blueblood though very mad that somepony actually dared to speak against him. Was also impressed by this stallion's bravery. Lets see if his cousin inherited such courage. I do enjoy the fear and unexpectancy in his eyes.

"So tell me Party Favor, how do you like being on this most glorious ship that you will ever be able to be on?" Blueblood asked with a bit of coldness.

Party Favor was basically a puddle of breathing sweat as he answered. "W-well it is q-quite an honor. Out of all the y-years of being in this business I.."

"So your saying that if you got a chance to get another honor you would gladly do this again?" Blueblood interpeted coming closer to the stallion, giving a sinister smile.

Cheese watched his poor cousin tremble in fear. He like everypony else on this ship hated this stallion with all their bones in their bodies. But, sadly none of them had the guts to say how they feel.

Blueblood couldn't help but have a little bit of fun. He personally enjoyed others cowering before him. And he certainly loved how every grown stallion was shaking, worrying, fearing what he was going to do.

"I-I think I wouldn't mind... i-if I got the chance to.. " He paused as he saw his captain light up his horn and point it at him. Blueblood wasn't the best at magic but unlike Party Favor along with the other unicorns on board he was in the highest magical education classes in Equestria.

"You think?" He whispered in a low tone. " You think that your opinion matters to me? Don't think this joke of yours could even make me chuckle." Party Favor didn't know what to do. He glanced at Cheese Sandwich and saw that he was just as fearful as him.

"And you!" His horn now pointed at Cheese. "Don't think I forgot about you. To be honest though I'm quite impressed, and you should consider it lucky I hardly find anything impressing. So I'll let you go with a warning."

He brightened his horn to grab the front of the two stallions' shirts. He brought both their faces close to his and gave them a threatening whisper. "If I hear any complaints on my ship again you two won't have to worry about your poor payment. In fact you won't have to worry about being homeless either."

They were terrified absolutely the most terrified they have ever been. They didn't know what was worse dying in the hooves of this madstallion or that their family won't be able to get what they need. Blueblood threw them bach next to the old stallion.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood today so don't forget this small act of kindness I've given to you. Now do as I say take this criminal to his cell or you'll be more than fired!"

They both stood stunned, they couldn't believe how much luck was bestowed upon them.

To not test his patience as well as his kindness they solumly took the sailor to put him in the lower deck until they react the docks.

The crew was shocked beyond belief, they knew something crazy would happen but not this. "NOW LET THIS BE A LESSON TO THE REST OF YOU! NO SOUL DARE CROSS ME OR BLOOD WILL BE SPILLED!"

Everypony quickly got back to work, once Blueblood was satisfied he went back to his quarrters.

He made sure the door was locked so nopony else could sneek in. He took a seat in his well furnished chair at his desk, he took in a few breathes before reaching in his coat pocket and pulling out the parchment with the golden ribbon.

Wait till they see that this old legend isn't a legend at all. He took out a key from one of his desk drawers, walked to his self of antiques. He pushed some of them aside to reveal a key slot. He put his key into it to unlock his secret little treasure storage. Once opened he realeased a small smile, he reach in and put out two necklaces.

One made of complete silver, although not highly detailed for his liking but was completely beautiful. And the other looked exactly like it except it was made of pure solid gold. Anypony would agree this are both lovely pieces of jewelry but the main focus isn't what they're made of, it's their main design. On the silver one it had the shape of the crescent moon in the center, and the gold a shape of the burning sun.

-------------------------××××××××××××------------------------------------------××××××××××××-----------------

Not too far a telescope was zoomed in on the ship. It saw Captain Blueblood holding the two necklaces.

"He has them sir. Should I order the attack?" The stallion asked.

"No, wait till they get to Dreary Escape. Their defenses will weaken there and when I give the order we'll strike." A dark voice answered.

"Yes Captain."

"Finally we will have the greatest treasure of Equestria and I'll have the powerfulest magic of the world."

Author's Note:

Ya here is my first story. Please don't be too harsh on me. But do please tell me what you think so far. And in case you're wondering were I got this story, no, I didn't get it from Pirates of the Caribbean. Though I do love the movies, I got it from a vacation from this summer. I visited the placw Blackbeard died and I got to learn about other famous pirates to even female ones. So pirate ponies, treasure, passate love, battles! Ya why not? So tell what your guys opinions on this and maybe figure what happens next.