• Published 19th Jun 2018
  • 579 Views, 13 Comments

The Changeling War - Captain Morgan



When Chrysalis and a few remaining changelings took over America, all hope was lost. But when a small group of survivors meet Twilight and company, they show their new friends the way of survival and agree to let them help fight against Chrysalis.

  • ...
14
 13
 579

Uprising (Redone)

Author's Note:

before you start reading, please go to this link.
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/855244/an-important-notice

"Keep your guard up, who knows where they could be hiding," Razorfang commanded.

For the past few minutes, he and ten his soldiers have busted down doors and ransacked rooms searching for the person they came here for, but they found nothing. They were about to check the other area of the school until the sound of something crashing from one of the rooms caught their attention. They quickly got into a defensive stance as one of the Changelings opened the door, but behind it, was a broom closet. The sound had come from a box that had fallen to the floor, around it laid a dozen handbells. Razorfang then noticed a strange mechanism on the shelf where the box of bells fell from. As he took a closer look, he saw that the device was meant to push the box off the shelf.

"What in the-" He was cut off as a spray of bullets was fired at the floor, two feet in front of them. He and his crew quickly got behind cover, as they saw the shots came from two Jacob and Evan who stood under the archway. They fired bolts of energy at them but hit the side of the arch as they quickly got behind it. They kept firing at the arch till Razorfang stopped them.

"Hold your fire!" He yelled as he saw me coming out from behind the arch with both my hands in the air but my pistol still in my right hand, finger off the trigger.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ripwing's murderer. Morgan is it? You know, I still hold a grudge after what you did to us back at the stadium, especially how you severely damaged my eye." He smirked, pointing a hoof to his cut-up face as he glared at me.

"And I still hold a grudge after you tried to kill those innocent ponies." I shot back, a furious look coming over Razorfang.

"Innocent!? They turned our own kind against the Queen, just so that they could save themselves! They should've known better than to come here and defeat us, now they have to die!"

"You're the ones who have to die," I exclaimed, "Because A: you overthrew our government, B: treated us like cattle so you can feed on all love you want from us, C: Brought a deadly virus that killed half the population-"

"ENOUGH!" He screamed as the hallway went silent. Razorfang stared at me with such anger, his nostrils flaring with each deep breath he took before he calmed himself down and sighed.

"Listen, kid, I didn't come all the way here just to argue with you, so let's just get down to business," Razorfang said as he took a step forward. "We are only here for one thing: the ponies that you saved. Hand them over and we will forget that you and your group even existed."

"I hate to say it, Razor, but they're not here anymore," I replied.

"What do you mean 'they're not here anymore'?" His eyes narrowing.

"I mean we sent them on their way, gave them enough food and water to make it to Washington, they left only four hours ago so they're probably out of the state by now," I replied bluntly. Razorfang went silent for about half-a-minute till he gave a soft chuckle.

"You are a very, very bad liar, Morgan. We’re only doing what’s right to ensure that our rule continues on. But If you really wanna prevent us from taking them, then I'm afraid that you're going to have to come with us as well. You've already seen too much anyway and we can't exactly let you or your friends tell anyone about what happened at the stadium, especially about the ponies that are here to overthrow the Queen. Besides, my troops and I want retribution after you killed Ripwing, so punishment is in order." He said as his soldiers came up alongside him. “Now, be a good boy and come quietly.

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen,” I replied, shaking my head. “You shapeshifting bastards may control our nation, but us humans, we claimed this planet first. These ponies, they’re under my protection, and I ain’t handing them over to genociders like you. Now, I’d suggest you turn around and leave this place immediately before things get out of hand very fast."

"Ha, And why is that? He exclaimed, staring me straight in the eyes “If I'm correct, there’s only three of you, and FIFTY of us! Give us one reason why we should leave, right now.".

"The locker on your left, number one-zero-five-four, the code is 9-27-6, open it up and you'll get your answer," I replied as Razorfang turned his head to the locker I mentioned and gestured to one of his soldiers to open it. The Changeling messed with the door for over ten seconds till he got it opened, but his eyes widened in horror at what he saw inside.

"Well, what is it?" Razor asked impatiently as he walked over, only to see that inside was a small propane canister with a package of C-4 strapped to it. He then looked at me and saw that in my left hand, was a dead man’s switch.

"You said you wanted a reason, right? Well, I have seventeen of them and they're spread all across this school, and all I gotta do is ease off on the trigger and I blow this place sky high!" I said bluntly.

Morgan, what are you doing?" Jacob whispered, but I just ignored him.

"Now this is how things are gonna go," I announced. "You and crew are to leave the premises immediately or else this building will explode, larger than what happened at the stadium." I figured that this would make them leave us alone, maybe give us a head start for us to escape. But none of them budged, not even Razorfang. That was until he took a step forward, glaring at me with unamused eyes.

“Now you listen here you stupid, insolent little brat. If you think this is supposed to intimidate us and make us leave, then you are very mistaken. I don’t care if you have the entire block rigged to blow, it won’t make us forget that we ever came across you or those ponies. Now, this nonsense ends here, you are going to hand over that detonator and we are going to take you, your friends and the ponies you are harboring back to Saint Paul where I will personally execute every single one of you. Bomb or no bomb, you are all coming with us.”

We were officially out of options now, lying about the ponies not being here didn't work and threatening them with explosives just pissed him off. We had no other choice but to hold them off until the tunnel into the sewers was complete. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply, knowing the next words that I chose, would change our group's lives, forever. After about a minute, I opened my eyes and replied.

"You know what, I've wanted to say this to your kind since the day you first stepped foot on our planet. Screw you and your Queen!" With that said, I aimed my gun and fired two shots, killing a Changeling standing next to him. Razor and his crew then retaliated by firing magical bolts us while Jacob and Evan gave me cover fire as I got behind the archway.

"You rigged the entire school to blow! Morgan, are you insane?" Jacob yelled over the gunfire and flying spells.

"Hey, I brought up the idea months back but did you wanna hear it, no! You thought it was idiotic!" I exclaimed, firing my gun at a Changeling and killing it with a shot to the head.

"It was idiotic! W-when did you even find time to put this all together?" He exclaimed.

"Remember when I told you that I caught pneumonia during the winter and that you were to go scavenge without me… yeah, I lied about that. " I answered as he facepalmed me.

"Oh for the love of- Morgan, if we die I am so gonna-"

"Hey, guys? Less talking, more killing Changelings so we can all live!" Evan exclaimed, making Jacob and I put a pause on our argument and continue firing at our Changeling attackers.

"You and your group are going to die here, Morgan Grey!" Razor yelled as he fired a bolt that whizzed past my head by mere inches.

"Over my dead body!" I yelled back, firing my gun at him which missed as he ducked behind some lockers. I continued to fire my gun at them until it made a clicking noise, signaling me that I needed to reload. I got back behind the arch and as I pulled a magazine from my pocket, the sound of glass shattering caught my attention.

"Evan, what the hell was that?” I ask worryingly.

"Uhh, Three Changelings just flew out through the window." He replied as Jacob looked at him with a confused look.

"Why the hell would they-" He was interrupted as the wall behind us imploded, leaving a large hole that gave open access for anyone outside.

"Crap, they're flanking us!" I yelled.

I instantly ran over to the hole and saw the three Changelings darting towards it. I fired my gun at them as two of them were shot in the head while the other was grazed by the bullet. I didn't have enough time to react as I was shoved to the floor by the Changeling. I quickly got up, but only for the Changeling to push me up against the wall, snapping its fangs at me. I grabbed him by his neck, trying to push him off but to no avail. That was until the familiar sound of machine gun fire filled the air as the Changeling was riddled with bullets. He was shot at so much that he was pushed back towards the hole, making him fall off the ledge to the ground below. I looked to where the shots came from, only to see Markus standing in the doorway holding an M249 LMG, aimed at where the changeling was standing.

"Nice shot!" I stated, giving him a thumbs up as I tried to catch my breath as he ran up to help me up.

“Everything is packed, Morgan, but if we're going to make a break for it, we need to do it now!”

"And how is that going to happen with them on our asses?" Jacob yelled, flinching as two bolts hit the floor next to him.

"Here, I grabbed on the way up," Markus said as he handed me a flashbang. “This should stun them long enough for us to get a head start without them chasing after us."

“You sure that’ll work?” Evan asked.

"One way to find out," I replied.

I pulled the pin and without thinking twice, I threw the grenade down the hallway towards the Changelings. We got behind cover just in time as a large bang was heard, followed by groans from multiple Changelings. Seeing them all on the floor stunned, we quickly made our way for the stairs but only for Razorfang’s voice to stop me.

"You can not run forever, Morgan Grey! I will find you and when I do, I will make you suffer the most painful death you could ever imagine!" He yelled with rage.

“Burn in hell!” I shot back as I took my finger off the dead man switch and the bomb in the locker exploded, enveloping Razorfang and the other Changelings in a fiery explosion before we bolted for the basement with our lives.

*******

Once we made it to the basement, I locked the door behind us, in case Razorfang or one of his soldiers got through the barrier. As we rushed into the lounge, I grabbed my stuff from the table and was about to follow the others through the tunnel until I realized that I was missing a very important item.

“My wallet!” I blurted out before I ran out of the room to grab it.

As I left, I could hear Jacob calling after me to get my ass back here, but I was already gone. Once I burst through the door to our bedroom, I darted over to my bed and yanked off the mattress, finding my wallet under the frame. I would be damned if I just left it, it contained the last few physical memories to remember me of my old life. I immediately grabbed it and stuffed it in my pocket and without hesitation, I ran back into the lounge, dived into the tunnel and started crawling.

I was almost halfway through when I noticed an increasing amount of loose dirt falling from the ceiling. I instantly realized that because of the explosions, the tunnel was starting to collapse. I started crawling faster than before, but more amounts of dirt fell on me, slowing me down. Seeing that I was about to die by suffocation, I started accepting my death as I was ready to see my parents again. All of a sudden, my body was surrounded by a golden aura before I was then quickly pulled out of the tunnel and was thrown onto the floor, just as the tunnel completely collapsed. Wondering what the hell had just happened, I was then pulled off the ground by Evan and Celestia.

"Morgan, are you ok?" Twilight asked worryingly but I gave her a smile.

"Well... I just survived my second near-death experience today, so... yeah, I'm fine." I answered, getting back onto my feet.

"Morgan, you are a suicidal, badass!" Markus praised, lightly punching me in the shoulder.

“Thanks,” I replied until a thought crossed my mind. “Were you guys able to get everything packed?

“Everything is right here.” He said, showing me the same backpack that was enchanted by Celestia. He then backed up as Celestia then walked up to me.

"Morgan Grey, you didn't just save us once today, but twice. I-I don't know what to say," she said, her eyes slightly teary.

"As I said at the stadium, Celestia, THAT... was nothing," Gesturing to the now collapsed tunnel. Celestia then walked up to me and did something that I was not expecting from a Princess from another world. I was pulled into a hug. I was unsure about it at first until I relaxed and returned the hug.

"I-I thank you, Morgan, my sister thanks you, my subjects thank you." She said, trying to prevent herself from crying in front of everyone.

"Everything's fine Celestia, you’re all safe now" I reassured as I patted the back of her neck. She released me from the hug as I looked at everyone, but only to see someone was missing.

"Where's Jacob?" I questioned as Chris pointed towards him who was kneeling only a few feet away from us. I cautiously walked up to him, knowing that he was not in a good mood.

"Jacob, are you all right?" I asked carefully as he then stood up and slowly turned to me.

"You invited these ponies to come with us, you gave them our food even though we were running low, became enemies with a Changeling who is now a General, destroyed our home and almost died again by staying inside, all because of a stupid wallet." He said emotionlessly. "No Morgan... I am not alright." Next thing I knew, Jacob was repeatedly punching me in the face and it took Markus and Chris just to hold him back.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT MORGAN!" He screamed as he was held against the wall, still lunging at me.

"None of this is my fault, Jacob!" I shot back.

"Do not de-WILL YOU GET OFF ME!" He yelled as he released himself from their grasp before turning his attention back towards me.

"Do not deny it, ever since you found these ponies at the stadium, you've been putting their safety first. We would’ve been better off getting the hell out of that stadium when Ripwing had them surround, but no, you just had to shoot the bastard’s brains out, you just had to become enemies with his close friend, you just had to blow up the only place that we ever called home!"

"Jacob, calm-" I started as I was quickly interrupted by him.

"No, Morgan, I am not going to calm down, now shut up and listen to me for once!" He yelled as he continuing his rant. "When you found me kneeling at my family's grave and wanted me to live with you, I thought we would actually have a chance. But when you invited Chris and Markus into the group, I specifically told you that we'd be better off without them, but you just kept saying that they’d help pitch in and that I shouldn't worry about it. After that, our food supply went from five years to two and a half years, all because you thought a larger group would increase the odds of survival! But now, thanks to you for saving those ponies, you have officially doomed us!"

"Jacob!" I said, raising my voice, warning him but he just kept talking.

"And about this!" He said as he swiftly reached into my pocket and grabbed my wallet. I tried to take it back from him, but he just held it away from me. "You stayed inside the building and risked your life all for your goddamn wallet. I know you keep memories of you and your family inside it, well guess what, I-Don't-Care. Your mom and dad are dead, so what? I've lost my family, Chris and Markus lost their family, millions of people in this country have lost their families. You should be glad that they're dead, not just to suffer through the war, but so that they didn't have to witness your screw ups. Face it, Morgan, you don't know how to lead this group, because you are a stupid, little-" He didn't get to finish as I completely lost it and uppercutted him so hard, he went flying back eight feet. Jacob laid on the floor, hold his jaw from the sudden punch. He then noticed that I had walked up to him, not just to help him up, but to share my opinion with him.

"Will you, SHUT UP!!!" I screamed as my voice bounced off the walls of the sewer. The echoing lasted for five seconds until I shared what I felt about him.

"I'm freaking sick of this, Jacob! For five years I had to put up with your complaining, but you have driven me to my last nerve! I'm sorry that your family is dead, I'm sorry that I invited these ponies into our home after saving them from Changelings, I'm sorry that I had to sacrifice our home in order for all of us to survive! Look around you, this is our life and I was only doing what was necessary to ensure the survival of everyone and everypony here! So please, for the love of God, SHUT THE HELL-"

"ENOUGH!" Celestia yelled, her loud voice echoing through the sewer, making us cover our ears. After the reverb stopped, she then walked up to both of us.

"Morgan, I understand that you are tired of Jacob always judging your ideas and motives, but yelling at him is not going to change anything. He is your friend, you have been looking out for him ever since you found him over the graves of his family, does that mean nothing to you anymore?" Celestia asked, making me look down with guilt.

"You're right, I screwed up,” I spoke softly, feeling sorry for what I did as Celestia looked down at Jacob with a stern look.

"But Morgan is right, Jacob. Just because you do not have a family anymore, doesn't mean you should bottle up all that anger and hatred and use it against others, including us and your friends. We're sorry that we came with you even though you were against the idea of wanting to give us hospitality, but it is all in the past now and you must learn to accept it, understood?” She asked as he looked at the ground, away from her powerful gaze.

"Alright." He muttered with a shrug. The tunnel was quiet for a long minute, not counting the water dripping from the ceiling until Twilight was the first to speak.

"So... What happens now?" She asked.

"Well, the original plan was to use these tunnels to travel to the outskirts of the city and travel south from there. But seeing how we are all labeled as terrorists for killing a general, blowing up a building close to the city and saving you guys, life is going to be a lot harder for us now." Chris sighed.

"Chris is right," Markus spoke up. "With everything that has happened in the last twelve hours, Changeling patrols are going to triple in size. I say we start making our way the border into the next state while it's still night, find a new place to call home and-"

"No," I spoke up as Chris, Markus, and Jacob looked at me with confusion. "I’m done living this life, guys. For five years we've have been scrounging for supplies like ravens and hiding like rats in the shadows. They think they can control us, make us do what they want, rule over us with an iron fist. I say enough is enough. We did something tonight that no one in their right mind would ever do against Changelings. We rebelled! Now's the time that we fight back, Now's the time that we take back our home from Chrysalis and her army and show her that we humans were here first!" Everyone just stared at me until Jacob got back on his feet and stepped forward.

"Morgan, with what you just said, I have a lot of things I want to say to you about how stupid your suicidal idea is… But I'm not going to." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You and Celestia are right, I've been complaining about everything around me, bottling up all my emotions and being a complete ass towards everyone for too long. For the first time in three years, I'm supporting your plan." He finished, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"We're with you all the way too, Morgan, until the day we die," Chris said as Markus and Evan nodded in agreement. Seeing how my friends were willing to support my plan, I looked towards Celestia and the others with a confident smile, hoping they'd help too.

"Well Princess Celestia, seeing how both our groups want Chrysalis and her army taken care of, I suggest that-" I was interrupted as she held up her hoof.

"You don't have to say anything, Morgan Grey. We will help you." She said as we just stared at her wide-eyed.

"Really, just like that?" I questioned.

"Well we are responsible for dragging you into our conflict with Chrysalis and her army, so it's the least we can do," Twilight stated as Everypony else nodded in agreement.

“Then it’s settled, as of today, we are all in this together, no matter what,” I said confidently.

"Aww yeah, fighting Changelings alongside aliens on another planet, this is so awesome!" Rainbow yelled as she shot a hoof in the air, but slowly lowered it. "So...What now?" She asked, unsure about what happens next.

"Well, before we do anything else, I have some family members of mine who could help us," I said.

"And who might they be?" Luna asked.

"My Uncle Kenny and his family, though getting to them is going to prove quite a challenge,” I replied.

"Why is that?" Twilight asked. I reacted with a big sighed.

"Because they are currently living in Saint Paul, more specifically, the city where Razorfang came from," I said plainly as some of the ponies gasped.

"Now hold on one second." Applejack yelled, stepping forward. "Yer saying that before we take back yer home, you want to break inside a city full of Changelings and rescue yer family?"

"Well when you put it like that, yeah," I said plainly as Applejack raised a brow at me. "Listen, guys, I know that you think this plan is insane, but you have to understand. My Uncle and I are very close, he's always been there for me when things got tough and he’s helped me make the right choices to become the man I am today. If we're going to make this happen, we need his help to take back our home." Celestia, Luna, and Twilight huddled together and started talking amongst each other. After about a minute, they broke from the huddle and Celestia and Luna walked up to me.

"Alright Morgan, we'll help you rescue your Uncle," Celestia said calmly.

“Thank you, Celestia,” I replied before then looked around the sewer. "Well I don't know about you, but I think we've spent enough time here.

"You can say that again." Rarity stated with a disgusted look while staring at a pile of sewage on the floor as I turned to Chris.

“Were you able to grab the-"

"You mean this?" He said, interrupting me as he pulled out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it, revealing a map of the sewer system. I walked up next to him and stared at the piece of paper that he held as Jacob, Evan, Markus, and the ponies gathered 'round.

"Ok, we're here," I said as I pointed to an area of where we were on the map. I then dragged my finger along the lines, indicating the route we had to take. "If we follow these tunnels, it should lead us to the Church of St. Louis which is only a few blocks away from Kenny's place, hoping he's still there." I then looked back at Celestia with a concerned look. "You guys don't have to help us, you know. You’ve been through enough chaos at it is"

"Nonsense, Morgan, like Twilight said, we're responsible for Chrysalis making her way through the Ark and taking control of your home. If you're going up against a Changeling Queen and her army, you are going to need our help." She said with a confident smile. She was right, the odds of five humans going up against a city full of Changelings wasn't great, but with our pony friends here, those odds could be changed.

"Well then, let's go kick some Changeling ass," I announced. Everyone and everypony cheered as we then started our walk through the sewers till I something then grabbed hold of my shoulder and when I turned to see, I saw that it was Jacob who stopped me, it looked like he had something to say to me as he had a nervous look on him. I looked back at the others to see Chris and Luna staring at us.

"You guys keep going, we'll be right with you," I told them as they continued walking. I turned my attention back to Jacob who then released his hand from my shoulder.

"Morgan... I wanna apologize, about everything I've done to you, Chris, Markus, Evan, and these ponies. I-I-It's just-" I held up my hand interrupting him and sighed.

"You don't have to say anything Jacob. Anger and hatred always make us do the most idiotic things in life, but for you, it's been controlling you ever since the start of this war. I forgive you Jacob, and so do the others, but I don't want to see that rage in you ever again, Ok?” He looked at the ground and slightly nodded in response.

"And Jacob," I continued as he looked up at me. "Don't ever talk about my family like that ever again, you hear me?" I asked, staring at him sternly as he nodded.

"Y-Yeah, of course! Uhh, speaking of your family," He said as held out his hand which had my wallet. "I believe this is yours?" I slowly took it back from him and placed it back into my pocket.

"Thanks. Now let's get going before we lose the others" I chuckled as we started jogging to catch up with the rest of our now larger group, about to go on the journey that would entirely change our lives.