• Published 19th Jun 2018
  • 576 Views, 13 Comments

The Changeling War - Captain Morgan



When Chrysalis and a few remaining changelings took over America, all hope was lost. But when a small group of survivors meet Twilight and company, they show their new friends the way of survival and agree to let them help fight against Chrysalis.

  • ...
14
 13
 576

Prologue

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

It was the 23rd of May 2018, Morgan, almost 18, was in his History class. He was learning about WWII - it was boring him. History wasn’t that bad, he liked learning about Hitler, and the Nazis. Usually, when he was bored, he would look out the window, just to see what going on outside. But there wasn't anything exciting, just a couple walking their dogs, a robin chirping on a branch and a squirrel scurrying here and there collecting acorns. Just as he was about to turn his head to focus on learning again, he caught something in the corner of his eye.

In the distance, he could see a green disk hovering in the sky. It was too far away to get a good picture. Thinking it was his imagination, he turned his head again – only to see that another disk appeared right next to the first one. Some kids in his class noticed what he was looking at, including his history teacher. Then, he saw that something came out of it, but was hard to see what it was because it was so far away. Then, another came out, then another, and another.

As if on cue, sirens started blaring off in the distance and sound of tires screeching, as a military convoy drove up to the front of the school with at least 25 heavily armed soldiers.

His teacher started lining kids up at the door, saying that they were evacuating, knowing that they were under attack. A lot of kids didn't know what was going on as they made their way out of the school. While passing classrooms, Morgan could see teachers telling their class to stay calm and that everything would be fine, but he knew everything wasn’t going to be fine.

*******

Once they were outside, Morgan could see soldiers trying to calm the teacher and students, saying that whatever was happening they had it under control. He then noticed and soldier talking to a news reporter across the parking lot and a cameraman recording the conversation.

"Sergeant Daniel, do you or any of you men know what is going on.” He heard the reporter say.

"Not at the moment, no.” The soldier replied. “All we know is that it might be the Chinese or the Russians. We have been ordered to evacuate civilians to major cities all across the country, but we don't know-"

That was the last thing he said before the car right behind him exploded, killing him, the reporter and the cameraman.

Everything went into chaos after that, soldiers aiming their guns in all directions, teachers and students panicking over what had just happened. Before the torched vehicle, something emerged that wasn't Chinese or Russian, It wasn't even human to begin with. The creature had a black carapace that covered its body, soulless blue eyes with no pupils, multiple holes in its legs, a horn, and insect-like wings. It looked like a cross between a horse and a fly mixed together. It then cleared it’s throat and spoke perfect English, scaring the living hell out of everyone.

"Citizens of Earth!" It said in a raspy voice. "By order of Queen Chrysalis, your precious country now belongs to the Changelings! Don't believe me? Ask your so-called President.” Its horn started emanating a green glow and then projected what looked like a pre-recorded video of the president making a speech.

“My fellow Americans,” He started, solemnly. “As you know, America has been visited by an unknown species that is not known to man. Some of you may have met them and are wondering if they are peaceful. Well... they are not! These creatures have taken over most of the cities across the country, including the capitol and the White House in Washington D.C.” Teachers, the country’s capital. “I have been forced to step down as they have threatened to hurt my family. I don't want to do this, but they have left me no other choice. Therefore, allow me to introduce the new President of the United States, her highness, Queen Chrysalis.”

The President got up from his seat and walked away. The alien leader emerged. She was taller, had a greenish blue mane and tail, her horn was much longer and crooked, and she had green eyes with pupils. Everyone stared in awe, astonishment, and fear as they saw their new ruler.

"Citizens of America,” Queen Chrysalis started with a noticeable echo in her voice. - “Now that your former President has surrendered and has given his position to me, your country will be recreated the way I see it. You are to be relocated to cities across your country where you will permanently live. Anyone who wishes to stand up against me or interfere with my Changelings will suffer dire consequences. So know that your future is in, as you say “safe hands” and that your species WILL thrive under my guidance. She finished, cackling as the projection then disappeared.

Changelings then started rounding up teachers and students and putting them on buses. Soldiers from the convoy were ordered to surrender their firearms and board buses as well. But none of them knew that someone had snuck back into the school and was hiding in the lower level. That someone was Morgan.

A million thoughts were buzzing in his head at the moment: “What is going to happen to America now? What’s it going to look like now that a creature not known to earth just declared herself President and expects no one to stop her!” He kicked over a chair out of anger. “ Damn it!" He said under his breath as he to hide from them.

The only thing he could do was wait it out so he tried to collect himself so that he wouldn't draw any attention. "Calm down Morgan,” maybe this won't last long. Maybe it'll last a week and everything will go back to the way it was. He thought to himself, sitting down on the floor away from any windows. He then thought about his parents, just to try to calm yourself down.

“Mom and Dad are probably on their way to get me as we speak, just wait, you’ll see them soon. He then felt his eyelids starting to get heavy. “For now, just get some rest.” He said before he then drifted off to sleep, hoping that someone would do something about Chrysalis and her Changelings. But what he didn't know was that no one on the planet was going to fight back against them, they were all too scared out of their minds to do anything.