• Published 26th May 2018
  • 1,429 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle 2: Summer Vacation Part 1 - Chaos04



Its summer vacation were Spike and his friends enjoy a long holiday before high school comes around, meeting new friends and challenges

  • ...
10
 15
 1,429

Return Of Vlad

Deep in the darkness of the Everfree forest, a grey unicorn stallion walked. His golden eyes flitted about the scenery, finding everything that was out of place in the forest that been his home for the last forty years.

Every step he took was slow and deliberate. Every speck of light he found, he passed underneath, briefly illuminating his pitch black mane, and passing down to mark of a trio of skulls on his flank.

“Light…” he pondered to himself. “There’s never been light in this dismal place. What powers have begun to stir…?”

Light was a curiosity to him. It was something he had not seen once since he arrived in this strange place. Seeing light was a complete oddity. A change. Almost frightening to a pony, whose life was spent in darkness, consumed by darkness, filled by darkness.

The light was growing brighter with every step he took, his hooves brushing through the grass and the leaves that littered the forest floor. He was going to find the source of this new light. And, if need be, he was going to eliminate it.

Hours passed. Days passed. For the duration, not one of the beasts of the Everfree dared approach him. All that crossed him were overcome by the darkness that exuded from his being, and ran. Those who didn’t were cut down and left for dead.

Finally, the stallion’s journey was nearing its end. After following a trail beyond a wall of bushes, he found he was just beyond a cottage at a riverside. Outside the cottage were animals of all kinds. Some, he had never seen before.

The stallion turned his gaze to the animals on the property.

All who saw him ran for cover, and the ones who didn’t ran after, for fear of what was among them.

With a huff, the stallion simply kept walking on his way.

He came to a town. A small, homey town, where ponies all happily went about their days. A few stopped to say hello to the stranger. Though the stranger paid them no mind, he left those well-wishers with a cold chill and a sense of strong foreboding.

The stallion’s travels took him to a gleaming castle in the middle of town. This was where that insipid light was coming from. His journey was not at its end, however. He had to find the source of the light first.

Slowly, he opened the door and let himself inside. Without even stopping to think where he was going, the stallion began plodding down the halls, his mind set on finding the light.

“Excuse me,” said a voice behind him.

The stallion did not even turn to look at the lavender alicorn who had greeted him.

“Are you here for a friendship problem?” Twilight asked.

The stallion said nothing, and continued forward.

Twilight was becoming confused and anxious about the strange stallion in her home. One look to his cutie mark, and she felt this was nopony to treat lightly. Caution firmly in her mind, she trotted around to the front of the stallion, ready to help him or send him away.

“If you’re here because of a friendship problem, I can help you. I’m the Princess of Friendship, you know,” Twilight said, putting on her best friendly face. “Or, are you just lost?”

The stallion didn't respond, nor did he return the smile. He simply kept walking. Without even stopping, he turned to walk in another direction. The strange feeling that came with the light seemed to pull him toward it. Soon, he would find what was drawing him in.

“Wait,” Twilight said, after noticing the deliberate way the stranger was walking, “Are you looking for something?”

No answer.

The stallion didn’t seem dangerous, but he would need to be watched. Keeping her distance from him, Twilight followed behind, keeping a close eye on him.

The two of them finally came to a golden door. Twilight felt a chill down her spine, as the unicorn’s horn lit up with a black aura, which opened the door with an eerie creak.

The stranger walked into the room. Lifting his head, he looked around the vicinity. The light was coming from here. He knew this was where it would be found. His eyes examined everything in the room carefully, until his gaze found a large mirror.

This was it. The stranger had found the source of the light. As deliberately as ever, he walked to the front of the mirror, staring at his own reflection. After a few moments of staring, he saw the reflection of the young alicorn step in behind him.

“What is this…?” he asked, in a low, hollow, nearly rusty-sounding voice.

The sound of the stallion’s voice stifled Twilight’s answer. It sounded to her as if he had spoken aloud for the first time in ages. Still, his question was innocent and reasonable enough, so she decided to answer.

“It’s just a mirror. That’s all,” Twilight answered.

“No…” the stranger answered, as he slowly lifted a hoof to touch the surface. The mirror rippled slightly at his touch, making him retract his hoof. “I see…” he said.

“What are you going to do?” Twilight wondered, fully prepared to send this stranger away, should he answer or behave in any hostile manner.

“I’m going home...I’m going to meet someone, who I haven’t seen in a long, long time…”

Walking as he did before, Twilight watched as the stallion stepped right through the mirror without stopping.


The broken statue at Canterlot High began to glow. In less than a second, a tall, terrifying man emerged.

The man looked to his hands, and saw they were no longer hooves. He looked to his body, seeing he was now upright on two legs. A form that he had not carried in decades. But, he could not stay to marvel at his new form. He still felt the pull of the unusual light, and now knew just who was holding it.

“Wait for me, Pharynx...Your father’s come home.”