• Published 26th May 2018
  • 1,421 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle 2: Summer Vacation Part 1 - Chaos04



Its summer vacation were Spike and his friends enjoy a long holiday before high school comes around, meeting new friends and challenges

  • ...
10
 15
 1,421

The Final Battle Part 1

Before the destruction struck Canterlot, Discord was being led to Fluttershy by Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. At the moment, Discord was wracked with bristling nerves. As much as he wanted to see Fluttershy again, he was still apprehensive at the thought of seeing her again.

They were nearing the front door of Fluttershy’s house, and Discord could feel his heart beating faster and faster with every step. This was it. The moment of truth. But, before he even made it to the front walk, Discord’s step slowed to a halt.

Pinkie noticed Discord stopping behind them, and turned around to hustle him along.

“Come on, Discord. You can’t stop now. Fluttershy’s waiting for you,” she said.

“I know. But--just give me a minute,” Discord said.

Rainbow Dash turned around to see what was happening. One look at the others, and she didn’t need to ask. She allowed Discord the moment he needed to settle his nerves.

After a few seconds, Discord exhaled deeply.

“Okay. Let’s finish this,” he said.

Pinkie gently led him by his arm to the front door. There, the bell was rung.

“Fluttershy! Come out! We got someone who wants to see you!” Rainbow Dash called out.

It took only seconds for the door to open. There stood Fluttershy, wearing her usual weekend wear of pink shirt and green skirt. As soon as she had seen who was there, she covered her mouth and gasped.

“Discord?...” she said.

“Hey…” was all Discord managed to say. Apparently, that was all he needed, when all of a sudden Fluttershy burst out the doorway and wrapped her arms around Discord.

“Discord, where have you been all this time? I was so worried about you!” Fluttershy wailed, as tears poured out her eyes.

“Fluttershy, don’t cry. I was just...I didn’t know if I could face you after what happened,” Discord said, as he stroked Fluttershy’s hair.

“I didn’t care about that. I had you back the way I wanted you. After you stopped calling, I...I thought you didn’t like me anymore…”

“How could you think that? I’d never stop liking you. You’re everything that brought me back from that disaster. And I promise you, as long as I’m with you, it’ll never happen again.”

Rainbow Dash silently nudged Pinkie, and motioned that they both should leave. As quietly as they could, they started to walk away. As soon as their first step touched the ground, there was a sound like thunder overhead.

When everyone looked, the sky had changed from its normal blue to a deep red, and was starting to crack in two.

“‘Never happen again,’ huh?” Rainbow Dash said, as she approached Discord, ready to punch him.

“Rainbow Dash, wait!” Fluttershy interjected. “He doesn’t have his stone anymore. He can’t be the one making this happen.”

Discord thought it best not to answer, worried what the others would think when he revealed his powers to them.

“Then let’s get out of here, and find out who is!” Pinkie said, before she and the others ran off toward the danger zone.


Pharynx was driving as fast as the patrol car could go on the highway to Canterlot. After his search of the prison turned up fruitless, he knew only one other thing that could have happened.

Up ahead, he watched as the city skyline was engulfed in an unnatural storm.

“Crap! That scabby old sack’s already blowing up the city!” Pharynx thought to himself.

Now that he was without his magic, he was powerless to stop his father. Nothing could possibly stop this disaster now. All that was left was to escape the area, before it caught up with him.

On the side of the road, Pharynx saw something else moving in the distance. The closer he came, the more he recognized the two figures, and their respective thin and bulky figures. When he was upon them, Pharynx slowed to a stop.

“Pharynx?” Chrysalis huffed, worn out from helping Tirek limp along.

“Get in,” was all Pharynx said.

No questions were asked. Chrysalis quickly climbed into the passenger seat, while Tirek took up nearly the entire back with his bulk.

Once they were in, Pharynx fired the car into gear, and rocketed down the highway.

“What’s the plan now?” Tirek asked.

“We get the hell out of Dodge,” Pharynx answered.

“Couldn’t have said it better myself,” Chrysalis said.


Spike, Sweetie Belle, Sunset, and the two Twilights were rushing through town, trying their best to avoid all of the major disaster areas in favor of the minor disaster areas.

They all nearly turned down one street, only for it to suddenly erupt in a shower of acid. Everything under the corrosive shower melted away, prompting the company to rush in the other direction.

The path they were on heaved and convulsed as though it were a living creature. A postbox on the curb knocked against the car parked beside it, and broke open. Instead of breaking apart in jagged metal, it began bleeding as if it were truly alive.

The red fluid that oozed from the postbox set itself aflame, and crept toward Sweetie Belle, touching just the tip of her shoe. Sweetie shrieked, and jumped away as her toe ignited with a tiny flame that was quickly snuffed out.

“Let’s just get the others and leave this city!” Sweetie Belle said.

“We can’t! Not until we stop Discord again!” Twilight said.

“Discord?” Princess Twilight wondered. “He still hasn’t changed here?”

“No! I don’t think so! It’s complicated!” Sunset said, as she jumped to avoid a lamp post bending toward her like it intended to grab her. It only managed to tear part of her jacket off.

The middle of the road split open. Not in a burst of gravel and dirt, but with a fleshy opening as if it were a surgical incision. A wash of green bile poured out of the opening, and solidified over everything else around it, living or inanimate.

The company ran faster down the path, away from the bile. The entire road behind them was solidified by the time they escaped around a corner.

Here, the chaos was not so bad. But, that was only because it seemed like the disaster had already swept through this place. With the momentary reprieve came a call from a friend.

Twilight looked at her phone, and saw a text message from Applejack.

Discord, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity got me and Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Where are the others?

Twilight hastily replied back.

Sweetie Belle, Sunset and Spike are with me. Where are you?

A geyser of flame erupted from the path before them, prompting the entire group to run away from where they were. They had no choice but to run into the street when a gaping pit lined with fangs down its entire depth opened up before them.

The street was a mess of broken car parts, which writhed about like dying fish out of water. Whenever anyone stepped close, each piece of machinery shrieked before popping in a cloud of noxious gas.

A roar was heard down the street, and blade like spines were chopping through the road as if some large creature were burrowing toward them.

Spike staggered when he got a mouthful of the gas from the popping machinery, and nearly fell. He was steadied by both Twilight and Sweetie Belle taking ahold of him, and guiding him across the street.

The churning spines were growing closer, ready to tear them all apart.

With a sudden burst, Spike and the others hurried across the street, just as the spines passed harmlessly by, tearing the street asunder.

Now that they had another moment, Twilight looked at her phone again, and saw that Applejack had answered her text.

“We need to go to the beach! That’s where everyone else is heading!” Twilight said.

Nobody questioned why they were all congregating on the beach. For all they knew, it was safer there than where they were now.


It was not safer at the beach. Between the boiling ocean and the whorling sandstorm, it seemed as if they were caught in the middle of armageddon.

“Where in the heck are they!?” Apple Bloom asked, as she and the others were sheltered underneath a makeshift lean-to.

“I don’t know! But, they better get here quick! No tellin’ how much worse this can get!” Applejack said, as she clung tightly to her sister.

Across from her, Fluttershy held onto Discord. Next to them, Rainbow Dash was holding close to Scootaloo. Next to them, Pinkie Pie was holding onto the last cupcake she managed to save before the disaster. Next to them, Rarity was worriedly peering out into the storm, hoping to see some glance of her sister and the others.

“Rarity! Get back here! You’ll be swept away if you lean out any more!” Pinkie said, as she pulled Rarity back in.

“But, Sweetie Belle could still be out there! Knowing that she’s in such danger, no matter where she goes! How can I not look!?” Rarity said.

Through the haze, there came another sight. A mass of silhouetted shadows that stumbled through the treacherous beach.

“Wait! I see them! Over here!” Rarity called.

The other silhouettes followed the direction of the voice, and soon they were in the shelter, revealing their familiar friendly faces.

“Sweetie Belle! Oh, my Sweetie Belle!” Rarity said, as she took hold of her sister.

“We’re all here!” Sunset said, before taking a headcount. “Me, Spike Sweetie Belle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Discord, Twilight, and...Twilight.”

“Don’t look at me! I didn’t make that!” Discord said, pointing to the second Twilight.

“Then, what did you do!? Look at all of this! It’s time we taught you a lesson once and for all!” Spike said, as he reached to strangle Discord. He was held back by Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

“Spike! Stop!” Fluttershy said, as she protectively embraced Discord. “Discord didn’t have anything to do with this!”

“Then who the hell did!?” Spike said.

As if on cue, the sandstorm beyond the shelter subsided almost instantaneously. The ocean beyond the sand stopped bubbling and churning, and the water was still as ever. Not even waves crashed onto the unnaturally smooth surface of the sand.

Everyone cautiously left the shelter, and looked around for any sign of what stopped the disaster.

The city beyond was still in ruins, but it was no longer ravaged by unnatural disasters.

There came a sound like a whoosh, but there was no wind. Looking up, they all saw the form of a very tall, elderly man descending from the sky. His feet touched down on the sand, leaving no impressions. He did not move. He did not speak. Twilight and Sweetie Belle only recognized him as the stranger they had met only hours before. Whoever he was, he appeared to be the source of this disaster, as they all recognized a magically glowing rock that hung around his neck.