• Published 22nd May 2018
  • 1,205 Views, 5 Comments

Equestrian Tales: Friendship Quest - PonyJoel



Twilight and her friends take on their roles as the Friendship Map calls them out to solve Friendship Problems.

  • ...
6
 5
 1,205

Rising Up!

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

After a few moments of silence, Twilight Sparkle finally spoke.

"Hi, girls."

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Maud, and Rarity look and see Twilight. Then they had the heads down for a brief second before looking at her again.

"Twilight?" Pinkie and Maud said.

Twilight nods. Maud Pie beamed with excitement and hugs Twilight. Pinkie sits and stares at the scenery. Twilight is left confused by the manner. Expecting Pinkie to be this energetic.

"Uh, did I miss something here..?" Twilight said.

"Nope," Pinkie said. "Maud is sometimes more energetic than I. Honestly, I don't know where she got it from but it's one of life's wonders in the universe we live in."

Twilight is stunned from what she's hearing. Normally it's the other way around.

"So, uh...what are you girls up to..?" Twilight asked.

"Well, we've been gathering as much needed help to fight alongside Sombra and his army. Sombra is thinking of aiding the dragons in the next few days and so." Applejack said.

"Yea, no matter how dreadful things are, it's up to us to set things right." Rarity stated.

"That's why we left Celestia's army and joined Sombra's. We need a better tactic than a straight-up assault on those necromancers." Pinkie stated.

"So, that's why we are here. So, uh...why are you here Twilight and what's with the Alicorn getup? Last I recalled, you save thousands of ponies by convincing them to leave Canterlot before it fell." Pinkie said.

"Oh, that's a long story which I'll tell you."

Twilight explains everything. She explains how time was manipulated in some many ways leading to horrible future events. She also, explains that time travel is the key to set things right. After a while of narrow things through, everypony understood the situation better. Twilight also mention how Magic of Friendship is Equestria's strongest weapon.

"So, there is a chance we can stop Nero after all. We gotta use this Magic of Friendship to kill Nero." Rainbow stated.

"No, no no no no no no no! Magic of Friendship doesn't kill. It does something different." Twilight said.

"Then what does it do?" Pinkie asked.

"It can defeat disharmony. Perhaps weaken Nero long enough for Blaze, Sombra, or Spike the Relentless to kill him once and for all." Twilight said.

"Whatever it may do, I'm in," Rainbow said excitedly.

"Me, too," Maud said.

"And us as well." Applejack said.

Rarity and Pinkie nodded in agreement.

"This can work but I'm not sure how. The Magic of Friendship is intertwined with the ponies who can call each other friends. Friends till the very end. By now, Nero probably absorbed its power." Twilight said with her head down.

"Well, not exactly," Rainbow stated.

"Yea. Right after we left Celestia's army, we snagged the Elements with us. Hoping that Blaze can use them but he didn't have much knowledge required for us to use it properly." Rarity said.

Twilight's eyes beamed opened. She looked at the girls.

"Can I see them..?" Twilight said shakenly.

Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Maud, and Rainbow Dash took out all 6 Elements leaving Twilight at disarray.

"Y-Y-You actually have them..."

"Yea, but as we said, we don't know what to do with them," Rainbow said. "Even Celestia didn't know what to do with them. The Elements deemed her and Luna not worthy of wielding them."

"I think I know what to do but we need Sombra, Blaze, Hope, Spike the Relentless, Stars, and one other friend."

Twilight and everypony else left the mess hall and search for Blaze and Sombra. Blaze and Sombra head towards the gates of the Crystal Empire. 2 hours have passed, Sunny Flare shoots a signal for Spike the Relentless and his squad to come by. In a few moments, Spike the Relentless and his crew lands in front of Sombra and Blaze.

"Spike."

"Blaze."

The two salute and nod to each other.

"So good to see you, my friend."

"Likewise. What's up Sombra?"

"Not much. Just recovering and getting back at Nero."

"This time, we'll take him down together," Spike said.

"Damn right we are."

"Spike, we need you by the Crystal Heart."

Spike nods and flies towards the Crystal Heart. Sombra and Blaze go back towards the Crystal Castle. As they walk back, Twilight and the gang ran hoping to find Sombra.

"Twilight, everything alright?"

"Yes." Twilight looks around. "Where is Spike?"

"Right here!" Spike the Relentless shouted and lands in front of everypony.

"N-Not that Spike but mine..."

"Oh, Cadance took him upstairs for him to sleep," Sombra said.

Twilight shakes her head to wake herself up.

"Anyways, I have an idea on how to weaken Nero long enough for either of you to kill him once and for all."

"How?" Sombra, Blaze, and Spike asked.

"The Magic of Friendship and the Elements of Harmony."

"Huh?" The trio asked again.

"Allow me to explain," Twilight said.

Everyone sat down. Even Sombra and Spike. Spike's crew flew by and decided to listen to the commotion.

"The Elements of Harmony are fueled with the friendship deep down inside of everyone. The Elements choose who is worthy depending on the personalities of the wearer. Only six ponies or quite frankly, any six creatures can use the Elements once chosen. The Elements may not work on me, Rainbow, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, and Maud but that doesn't mean it can work on a different set of friends. Once the Wielders are discovered, the bonds of friendship intertwine thus the Magic of Friendship blossoms. In ancient Equestrian history, the Elements of Harmony has never been defeated by a creature of pure darkness and evil. Therefore, we have our weapon to take down Nero the Necromancer once and for all. The Elements nor Magic of Friendship doesn't kill, it can weaken him long enough to get the job done."

"So, who you think the wielders should be, Twilight?" Sombra asked.

"Well, it should be you Sombra, Blaze, Spike, Hope, Stars, and maybe Cadance."

"Hmm, a strong possibility but I'm a pony from a family of Necroponies. Sombra is a creature of Umbrum. Spike is a Dragon. Why would the Elements deem us of being worthy?"

"It's through Friendship that counts. Otherwise, it wouldn't work. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to try to see if you are deemed worthy."

"Alright then. I'll call for Stars and Cadence come down."

"I'm on it Blaze," Sombra said.

Sombra goes inside the Crystal Castle and asks his wife Cadance and Hope to come down along with Stars. As all 4 came down. Twilight aligns the Elements of Harmony. Spike, Sombra, Blaze, Cadence, Stars, and Hope gaze at the Elements. Wondering which Element they'll get. At first, nothing happens. After sometime later, there is no movement of the Elements.

"Of course, it doesn't deem any of us worthy. We're wasting our time with this while Nero is getting stronger."

Twilight uses her magic to ignite the Elements for she possesses the Element of Magic in her. The Elements of Harmony understood Twilight as things are different. Turns out that the Elements have a stronger power than most ponies even she can comprehend. The Elements of Harmony are not affected by time manipulation. Now they need to seek a new host for the remainder of this timeline. Everyone witness a change within the Elements of Harmony.

"Unbelieveable. It's...working."

The Element of Honesty goes to Sombra, the Element of Loyalty goes to Spike, the Element of Laughter goes to Cadance, the Element of Generosity goes to Stars, the Element of Kindness goes to Hope and the Element of Magic goes to Blaze. Then a sparkling aura rises when everyone got their Elements.

"It's so bright and colorful!" Maud shouted.

After the aura clears, everyone is now gazing upon the new Wielders of the Elements.

"Sombra... You're different."

Sombra is no longer bound to the Umbrum, he is now free. He feels different and renewed.

"The Elements...they cured me..." Sombra said shakenly.

Hope and Cadance hugged Sombra. They were happy to see an Umbrum free Sombra.

"The Elements, they made me more powerful," Sombra said now cracking a smile for the first time in a long time.

"No, us. The Elements made us more powerful. I feel that our Friendship is growing as long as we have trust and faith in each other. Though, I thought you'll get the Magic Element and not me. Fate had other plans."

"It doesn't matter. What does is stopping Nero." Sombra looks around. "We've gotta get to the army. Its time to lead the charge. Rainbow, get Indigo. I need the Ultra Rainboom of yours to distract Nero."

"Yes, King Sombra Sir!" Rainbow shouted.

"No, it's Commander Sombra."

Everyone but Spike and Blaze gasped.

"It's time I make thing right within my Kingdom. Within the Crystal Empire."

"Commander, it'll be an honor fighting alongside a true ruler of ponykind. My crew and I got your back." Spike said.

"Can't let you take all the fun. Those Necromancers needs a thrashing."

"We've got your back too." Cadence and Hope said.

"I go where my stallion goes." Stars said.

"Then it's settled. As for you Twilight, you and your friends get ready. It's going to be a bloody battle."

Twilight nodded and gets her friends ready for the upcoming battle. A few hours later, everypony whose with Sombra's army is ready. Spike the Relentless and his Dragons are in front. Twilight, Starlight, and Sunset have their armor on. Customed made by Sombra's blacksmith. Fiery Flames is hiding in Sunset's mane and Spike is on Twilight's back holding a spear. The Shadowbolts are next to the dragons. Rainbow and Indigo are in the air. The new Wielders of the Elements are in the step forward as Sombra is about to make a speech.

"For years now, we've been fighting an enemy who seeks control on all life and ending all life. We're fighting an enemy who is pure darkness and evil. In ancient times, darkness does not prevail. It is the light that shatters the darkness. We are the light. The Elements of Harmony are now reinstated. I along with my best friend Blaze, Stars, Hope, Cadence, and Spike are now the new wielders. Instead of waiting for the enemy to come to fight us, we bring the fight to the enemy! We will show that we're not afraid! We will not give up! We will rise!"

Everyone roars and cheers.

"Nero! If you hear us! We're coming for you!" Sombra shouted.

Spike the Relentless, his dragons, Indigo and Rainbow takes flight as Sombra leads the charge heading back to Ponyville for the fight of the century.