• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 1,315 Views, 67 Comments

Destitute: A nightmare of the Nothing - The Psychopath



Luna gets a dream about a pony in black and white that will destroy everything if not stopped.

  • ...
4
 67
 1,315

Finding the idi-chosen ones

Mond was admiring her simple room in the train car. A pony came by earlier to check the tickets of everypony, which Mond gladly gave. That was pretty much the only form of sentient contact that the mare had in the train. The lands outside looked like they were moving to the mare's every whim, while she remained in place. Such a marvelous thing, technology. What more could it create? As time went by, the blue mare started to fall asleep again on the red "couches". The unicorn began thinking to herself:

"Those two were right. I do indeed find that this trip is much worth it. Perhaps what my sister didn't let me see yet will be shown to me at this city?"


Meanwhile, in the city, the two chosen ones we're just strolling about in the streets...the basic living area. Like all cities, there was a ghetto, and these two lived in it. Although, quite often, they would stroll around in the main city just to have a clean gust of freshness. The streets were paved with white tiles, several blocks were created to hold the street gardens and to decorate the entrances to apartments and business buildings. There were black lamps every few meters or so to illuminate the town during Luna's night. Duchess was a very busy city, so there was no time to waste admiring the stars. Surprisingly enough, nobody in the city seemed to care about the slum livers. They were actually fairly well known in the cuty. The only actual female diamond dog known to pony kind, who always had an idiotic and bored expression on her face, no less, and the flank chaser always accompanying her. He had his own morbid reputation in the city. Despite everybody wanting them gone, they never had the money to go live anywhere else, and nobody would provide them the necessary anyways.

"Yeesh. The place is becoming more 'high and mighty' each day."

"Maybe it because we have been becoming more dirty everyday." The diamond dog said as she continued to chew on another bone.

"Errr...that too." The stallion scratched the back of his head in shame.

"Hey! You two!" yelled an anonymous voice.

"Yes, Oberstleutnant?"

It was a tiny gray stallion wearin a blue vest, cap, and with a golden badge covering his cutie mark. His tail was also gray and so were his eyes. This game him the nickname of "No colors Conrey".

"Stop calling me that. I don't even know what that means!"

"Whatever."

"Furrows, why are you even following him? I thought you were better than this...even IF you're a diamond dog." the stallion averted his eyes slightly, but Furrows' own eyes widened, and the bone in her mouth started to crack as she showed her teeth.

"Woah! Calm down, Furrows. No need for aggressivity. Look, Leutnant, no need to go annoying other habitants by discerning them just because of their race. You're just a pegasus."

"JUST?! I can fly and walk on clouds. What can YOU do?! No. Stop. Calm down Conrey. Don't let him trick you." the police officer rubbed his forehead and flexed his wings as he tried to calm down.
"Your kind isn't allowed up here with the civilized folk. I suggest that you leave immediately and return to the slums."

"Or what? You'z going to attack us for only walking above ground? That not warrant proper arrestment." Furrows added in a bored fashion, with the stallion looking at her with a smug smile.

"How...Never mind. Your prescence here is disturbing everypony."

"Mhmm. Sure it is. Our reputation precedes us."

"Look, Pencil Box, I don't have time to deal with you two causing civil unrest."

"Sure. Whatever. Let's go, Furrows." Pencil Box gestured to the Diamond Dog who turned around and followed him promptly, throwing out a loud growlat the police pony who bounced back a few feet.

The more highly placed beings in the city literally ignored the couple, as, even if they had an ill reputation, the majority of the local population knew that they would never cause harm to anyone, even under the worst circumstances. The population DID have a problem with Conrey. He had some race issues that weren't much too appreciated by the populace, be they pony or other.


Meanwhile, the couple returned to the slums. It was a flthy place, almost the sewers in exactitude, what with brown muck, green slunk, and whatever color the junk over in that corner was. Several homes made from "recycled" homes, once abandoned by the old inhabitants with the modernization of the city, they now inhabit several creatures at once. Very bad characters lived here, but many were just trying to live with whatever they could. When life becomes harsh fr a creature, it tends to adapt to its new environnment and survive. "Adaptation for survival" was the motto of the unfortunate in this hellish place.

While Furrows let her long arms slank forward in front of her body, Pencil Box was looking at the floor in anger. He wished that just once, just ONE good thing would happen to him and his friend so that they could leave this dump. They've been growing in it since they were small, fending for themselves and trying to survive on whatever scrap was given or obtained throug whatever means possible. Box's instinct also made him fear that prize of a better life, as he feared it would corrupt both of them. He didn't know what happened, but everytime someone got out of the slums and into the city's council, they would become "evil" and all such horrors. It was quite terrifying for somepony who feared that he would be devoured by such an evil and become nothing. For some reason, everybody would feel a shiver down their spines whenever they would pronounce or think that word as of late, and he and Furrows were no exception.

Pencil Box decided to lean against a half termite-eaten house and started to think while the diamond dog grabbed a bone thrown by a minotaur and began to chew on it nonchalantly. She had less trouble moving about this part of the city, despite its darkness due to it being underneath ground level, as she was still a canine. Therefore, she could see trouble coming from far away, and had a habitof grabbing her friend whenever danger veered its head. It wasn't always ugly, mind you.
Pencil Box gave out a loud and long exhale.

"I'm tired of this. I want us to have a better life. We both grew up together."

"And we'll die together. As great friends do."

"I'm still glad you remember that."

Furrows gave a faint smile as she continued to chew on her bone. "I do not forget a friend. We may have grown up together, but that not mean we lived together."

"Yes. I know. You still grew up with the diamond dogs. I still don't know why you didn't leave with the pack afterwards."

"That my secret."

"Heh. I just wish that ONE thing. Just ONE thing happens to us that helps us get out of this dump. Just ONE! I don't care what we have to do, as long as we get to do it."

Suddenly, a loud screech echoed through the slums, making everypony wonder what had happened.

"Must be da trains." one gryphon said as he continued through his way.


Mond left her train after being awoken by a passenger, and looked at the marvelously clean and beautiful city with everything here. There weren't just ponies here. Sure, she knew a deaf gryphon who tended the gardens while Psycho was still at the castle, but that wasn't anything important.

"Wow. Well then, I better start searching for those two. How to start?"

As Mond started walking through the crowds, a weird black thing was watching her from very high up, and it was perched on one of the tall buildings. From afar, it looked like a round black ball with bat wings, but up close, the thing was revealed to actually be a flying black eyeball with wings. It slowly followed the unicorn mare as she continued her way through the city, and slowly squinted its eye.


Far away from Duchess, however, a camp of bandits found its existence annihilated. None were spared. Destitute continued calmly walking, his spiritual aura emptying everything around him. However, he stopped when he heard a voice:

"A deity has appeared. It is a weakling of extreme proportions, but your powers have yet to fully form yet. I shall send the unknown out to assist you. It will arrive when you reach the city. Erase into Nothing."

Destitute remained immobile for awhile, until he started to walk forward once again. Forever in a straight line and with his eyes closed.


In the Buffalo deserts, near the southern border, and dangerously close to the Dry Rock Oven, the changelings ruffled about in their extremely cool tunnels illuminated by green and orange crystals. Queen Chrysalis was trying to calm her subjects. They were, in such a long time, satiated of their eternal hunger. Some things are best not explained.

"SILENCE!" she roared. The changelings obeyed and sat down on whatever surface they were nearest to. "Good. After a few trials and errors, we finally found a way to satiate our hunger. Sure, the town will require rest for regeneration, but we will be able to wait for quite a long time! ahahaha!"

The changelings followed her laughter.

"Yes. So remember the feeling of a full belly." the queen tapped her stomach a few times. "Because you might never get it again. However, we are changelings! So we do not fear hunger p..."

A white glow began to grow in intensity within the middle of the changelings, and all of them jumped away as far as they could. One of the changeling was being bent and twisted in every way possible. The queen reluctantly walked towards it while being cautious and wary. She said nothing, for the second she arrived, the changeling already began changing color. What was once black drained into white, and what was once green bled into red. The twisting continued until the changeling found itself on all four hooves and looking straight in front of itself with even less emotions than Destitute.

"What is-"

Chrysalis, as she lift a hoof towards the white changeling, found herself catapulted towards her throne and slammed into the wall. When she finally slid back down, she tried to rub her head with a moan, only to discover that her entirety right foreleg had dissappeared. All that was left was what looked like a small portion of the shoulder and small dots connecting to form an irregular stump, along with a few dots flying around it. The queen was too horrified to say anything, until the leg grew back on its own. She then jumped and yelled at her subjects:

"Remove that white changeling at once!"

The others were too frightened and were shaking in place. They refused.

"You defy your queen?!" she bellowed with an even more sinister tone.

The changelings looked at the white one, then at their queen, and back again several times before nodding in response. Whatever it was, it turned around and calmly began to walk out of the caves, much to the surprise of every changeling there. The only strange was that it seemed to be erasing whatever space was in front of it, as if through will, and made itself another tunnel to climb through as it tried to reach the surface. The white changeling left everyone stumped at what just happened, and what that thing was exactly. One thing was for sure, that now white changeling possessed immeasurable power of unknown origin. Whomever it aimed for would have to be careful.