• Published 12th Aug 2018
  • 2,334 Views, 56 Comments

A Small Secret - OneBrainCellLeft



Rainbow Dash is at work when her friends stop by to see how she is. When a small secret of hers sorta slips out...

  • ...
1
 56
 2,334

Chapter 6 - Let The Games Begin (EDITED)

About 10 or 15 minutes has passed since Rainbow got there. Yet, nobody could agree on anything still.

"I'm tellin' you, we should tell stories to start off the night." Applejack said.

"And I'm telling you, that we should do makeovers." Rarity said. "Hey we could even start on you!"

"Why in tarnation would I want to do that?" Applejack asked.

"Because it's fun darling. I could make your hair look marvelous!

"Why don't we make cupcakes?!" Pinkie said enthusiastically. She tried to break up the fight by suggesting something entirely different. Unfortunately for her, it didn't exactly work.

"No." They both said at the same time.

"Alright already! Would you all just quit it and make up your mind already? Seriously, we've just been sitting here for 15 minutes doing nothing but argue! At this rate we won't be able to do anything at all because everyone just 'has' to do what they want first." Sunset said.
It was at this point that everyone stopped and looked around. They figured that they should make up their minds quickly before Sunset had to leave the room to avoid getting too angry.

Right then and there, Twilight had a 'lightbulb moment'. "Hey, what if we just put names into a hat?"

"Wish we thought of that before all of this." Fluttershy said with a smile. Rainbow didn't notice.

"Right, that sounds like a good idea." Applejack said. Soon enough all the pieces would fall into place. Pinkie went into her closet and found an old top hat that looked like it might've been there for years, after she left to get some paper and pens. They had all planned everything, from the arguing, to Sunset's outburst, and the convenient idea from Twilight. The six girls all entered the same game into the hat and just prayed that Rainbow's wasn't picked. After everyone put a piece of paper in the hat, Sunset mixed them around and picked one with her eyes closed.

"Alright, let's see what we have here...Truth or dare." Sunset read the paper out loud.

"Who's going to start?" Twilight asked.

"Can I give someone a truth or a dare?" Rarity asked immediately.

"Anybody else care if she goes first?" Twilight asked around the room. No one had any objections, so Rarity would start. This, once again, was also planned.

"Since I'm going to give a truth or dare, I'll just pick someone myself." Rarity said.

"Works for me." Pinkie said. Rainbow wasn't sure what was going on, but she knew something was up. Her friends were acting a little suspicious and she had no idea what they were planning, but she knew that it would probably have to do with their conversation from earlier.

Now the girls didn't want to make it super obvious that they had planned all of this, so Rarity didn't choose Rainbow first.

"Okay, I choose...Applejack!" Rarity exclaimed. "Truth or dare?"

"Hold on just a second there, let's just establish the rules real quick. Are we going to have an order we go in, or are we just pickin' people at random?

"I vote random." Rarity said.

"Yeah, okay." Sunset said.

"We all agree?" Applejack asked around.

"Yeah." Twilight replied. Fluttershy nodded afterward.

"YES!" Pinkie yelled.

"Dash, what about you?" Applejack asked.

"What? Oh, uh sure." Rainbow said. She had zoned out for a minute there. She wasn't even sure what she was agreeing to, she just said yes.

"Alright, now Applejack, truth or dare?" Rarity said.

"Dare." Applejack said.

"Good choice." Rarity said as a grin was quickly plastered onto her face.

"Should I be worried?" Applejack said after taking one look at Rarity.

"Probably." Sunset said.

"Applejack, I dare you to drink a glass of water while doing a handstand." Rarity said.

"How on Earth am I supposed to do that? I can't even do a regular handstand!" Applejack replied.

"I don't know, figure it out." Rarity said.

"Rules are rules AJ." Sunset said.

"We could try to hold you up, or you could just lean on something." Pinkie said. Everyone was just about to start laughing, and Pinkie was almost on the verge of tears she was so close to laughing. It wasn't even that funny, it was just Applejack's reluctance to it was kind of hilarious.

"Fine." Applejack said. No one could contain their laughter anymore.

"I'm-I'm going to go get a glass of water." Pinkie said while still laughing hysterically. It was almost hard to breathe. Pinkie came back in about a minute or so later with a glass of water. "Okay, let's start." Pinkie said as the laughter was dying down. The girls all helped Applejack lean onto one of the nearby walls in the room and Pinkie put the glass of water in front of her.

AJ took one sip and said, "There now help me down."

"You have to drink all of it!" Rarity said as they all began to laugh again, well except Applejack.

"You never said that!" Applejack replied.

"It was heavily implied darling." Rarity responded.

"Works for me." Sunset said.

"Come on! Seriously?" Applejack asked.

"Fine, just drink half of it." Rarity said.

"Fine." Applejack replied. Applejack quickly drank about half the water, and then the rest of the girls helped her down.

"Okay Applejack, your turn." Twilight said.

"Uh, Sunset." Applejack responded. "Truth or dare?"

"Oh, uh- truth I guess?" Sunset said. She knew that they all going to try to say dare so they might convince Dash to take a truth instead, but she knew Rainbow was a lot smarter than they were giving her credit for and tried to make it seem more real.

"Oh! I have one you could use! You don't have too but-" Rarity started before Applejack cut her off.

"That would be great. I didn't have anything good." Rarity then whispered in Applejack's ear something that no one else could hear.

"Are you kidding me?" Applejack asked.

"Do you have anything better in mind?" Rarity responded. Applejack sighed before saying,

"No."

"Then just ask her already." Rarity replied.

"Have you ever liked anyone that you knew your friend was dating...or had a crush on?" Applejack asked.

"Wha-what kind of question is that?!" Sunset very slightly stuttered.

"I don't know, a stupid one." Applejack responded. Rarity rolled her eyes.

"Of course I haven't-why would I-" Sunset took a deep breath and sighed before saying, "No." Now Applejack could tell something was slightly off. She knew her friends pretty well, but she knew how to spot a lie even better.

"Are you sure?" Applejack asked again.

"Yes, I'm sure." Sunset replied.

"You don't really seem all that sure to me." Applejack said bluntly.

"I think she's telling the truth." Twilight spoke up.

"Maybe it looks that way, but I can spot a lie from a mile away." Applejack said. Sunset face palmed before mumbling,

"Fine, maybe."

"What was that?" Applejack asked with a smug grin.

"Shut up." Sunset said.

"Who was it?" Fluttershy asked quietly. She was almost afraid to ask, but was to curious not to. In fact, everyone was intrigued to find out who it was Sunset previously liked, or maybe even still liked. They didn't know for the life of them who it was though.

"Hey, I don't have to tell you that. You only get one question." Sunset replied.

"What?! You can't just leave us in the dark like this!" Rarity said dramatically.

"Actually, I kind of want to know too." Twilight said. Even Rainbow was curious, she couldn't even imagine who it was. That's when this thought came to her mind. She couldn't be talking about Soarin...right? What am I thinking, why would she make this big scene with everyone, insisting I like him if she did? Plus it's not like she really knows him, and I don't think she's the 'love at first sight' type. Rainbow knew that that was not the case. She was still a little uncomfortable with the thought though.

"Hey Rainbow, you don't look so good. Are you okay?" Pinkie asked suddenly.

"Of course, never better. Guess it's just hot in here." Rainbow responded cooly.

"It's like 63° (fahrenheit) outside, the air conditioning and the fan are on, and you're wearing a tee-shirt. How are you hot?" Pinkie replied.

"I don't know, I just am." Rainbow responded. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to tell Pinkie. Applejack decided they should just get back to the game.

"Alright Sunset, who's going next?" Applejack said.

"Uh, Pinkie. Truth or dare?" Sunset asked.

"Dare!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Hey Pinkie, you happen to have like a bag of chips or a bag like that in general?" Sunset asked.

"Uh, yeah why? Oh you guys want snacks?!" Pinkie said.

"It's a part of your dare." Sunset said. "And to answer your question yes."

"Sounds good to me." Rainbow said. Everyone agreed and Pinkie left with a "Okie-Dokie-Lokie" to get snacks. Pinkie came back moments later with a bag of chips for everyone. Before Pinkie opened hers, Sunset said, "Pinkie I dare you to open that bag with your mouth. No hands, no feet."