• Published 17th May 2018
  • 5,265 Views, 47 Comments

Tally Marks - Slateblu1

  • ...
1
 47
 5,265

Before Class

The whispers as I walk towards my locker aren’t as bad anymore. They used to be full of hate; teens taunting me for the shit I pulled. Before the dance, they wouldn’t have dared; I would have beat the shit out of them. After, they all knew I was changing, and wouldn’t dare respond. Now, after the sirens… The whispers are a little nicer.

I can’t hold back a chuckle as I overhear two guys saying they’d totally do me. The fact that, according to this world’s beauty standards, I’m really sexy worked well for me. Now, at least it’s not being used against me. I give the two guys a smile. I have to. I know I dated Flash, but I never felt anything for him. I’m a fillyfooler through and through. Love me a soft snuggly mare.

Not sure how I feel about girls here though. I’d certainly rather hold someone like Pinkie close, with all her chub, but I don’t know if I’m ‘attracted’ to her like that.

Thinking about her sends a twinge of regret through me. I remember all the shit I did to them. It fades quickly. I shake it off and unlock my locker. Heh. This world is great at naming things. I mean, walkie-talkies? Seriously? I mean, everything in Equestria is a pun, but at least those are creative. Here they’re just-

Eh, I don’t really care. It takes too much energy to keep caring. I can manage a few minutes, but I’m not going to waste what little I’ve got on names for things in this world.

One of the few things Twilight and I have in common is a need for organization. I’m sure we got it from Celestia. My locker is perfectly organized. I don’t even have to look as I pull books from my bag, put them away, and grab what I need for class. Not that I need to even show up, to be honest. I’ve got English Lit first thing. It’s all about reading stories written decades ago, then talking about how the story is a commentary on something or other.

All fiction is a commentary on the contemporary times. Almost nothing is written for the sake of writing. The stuff they make us read is on the far other end though. It’s all full of symbolism and metaphor. It’s crap.

I groan. At least it’s easy. With my stuff gathered, I kick my locker shut and head for the music room. Rainbow wants us to practice every day before class, but, honestly, we just sit and talk most of the time. There’s an acoustic in there I tend to play. It’s a nice soft melody behind the talking. It gives me something to do with my hands. And the perfect excuse to not actually talk to them.