• Published 4th May 2018
  • 1,638 Views, 21 Comments

Six Discoveries - Wiz Ahmad



The students at the School of Friendship sneak out on an adventure, and discover some interesting items.

  • ...
0
 21
 1,638

The Plan

“And that’s it for class, dear students! I hope you enjoyed our lesson, and will enjoy a good lunch! See you again later in the afternoon!” Starlight Glimmer announced.

In a flash, the students skedaddled out of the classroom, almost tripping over their own feet - hooves, paws, and claws alike. Eager for a well-deserved meal of lunch, they ran down the hall towards the cafeteria, earning quite the look from staff members as the doors burst open.

“Yak want some ice cream!” Yona demanded, tapping her hoof on the counter five times.

“Is… is that ten scoops?” the waitress inquired.

“Yes! Yak want lots!”

“Alrighty!”

With her meal ready, Yona balanced her bowl on her head and trotted over to her friends at a table on the far end.

“That… sure is a lot of ice cream,” Sandbar commented. “You sure you can finish that? A single hay sandwich is good enough for me.”

Yona simply nodded and tucked into her ice cream, devouring every single scoop. Gallus had three scones, while Silverstream ate a kelp wrap.

In no time all six friends had finished their meals and it was time for recess. However, in the gymnasium, Ocellus asked a quick question that changed everything.

“I’ve heard of a rumor that there are some unique artifacts that have stumbled into Equestria, laying around just waiting to be discovered. Many have said that they’ve spotted them in the woods behind the Castle of Friendship.”

“Really?!” Silverstream squealed.

Ocellus nodded.

“If I remember correctly, Twilight Sparkle announced that last weekend a loud tremor shook the ground, and after testing she discovered that it could only have been caused by a portal! She also mentioned there’d be a team who’d be investigating it on her behalf later in the evening,” Smolder added.

“Nice one, fire-breather,” Gallus remarked. “Shame that we get to miss out on such cool stuff.”

“Hey, who said we have to?” Yona added, licking away the last of her ice cream. “Let’s go find out about this mystery!”

“But… we still have class after recess…” Sandbar noted. “The consequences could be serious if…”

“Oh, hush you,” Smolder scoffed, putting a finger to the worried colt’s mouth. “The castle’s quite close anyways. We’ll be back before anyone even notices. Besides, next classes are mostly reviews. We can catch up by pulling a few hours from sleeptime.”

Sandbar sighed. “Fine. But if anything happens, you’re getting reported by me. And how exactly do we get out of here unnoticed?”

“It’s simple,” Gallus remarked. “Follow me.”

Shrugging, Ocellus followed the snarky griffon as he simply got up and left the room. Prancing down the hall and bounding around a corner, he looked up at a clock - and slammed straight into Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, slow down there Gallus!” she remarked, rather disappointed in the griffon’s hastiness.

“Sorry, Dash,” Gallus replied. “We all just need the bathroom before we start playing.”

As soon as Rainbow Dash was out of sight, Gallus opened the bathroom door and gestured to himself and the bathroom’s open window. Then he motioned to another hall which led to a back exit.

“Nice one, Gallus!” Silverstream exclaimed.

Rainbow Dash set down a couple of balls and began performing a couple quick stretches before starting a couple practice rounds with some of the other pony students, completely unaware that those who were due to start the next game had vanished - and would be gone for the next whole school period.

Author's Note:

Yes I know, it's super short. I intend for the story to be that way anyways.