• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 406 Views, 8 Comments

A Midwinters Night Dream - Knight Light



After a crappy day, Sunset ends up being sent on an extra dimensional journey through the multiverse by a strange man as a back seat passenger to her many other selves to get persepctive on her life...or for the man's amusement. She isn't sure which.

  • ...
 8
 406

It Begins

She couldn’t believe how crappy her day had turned out, hell the entire week had been as if somebody was out to get her and seeing what had been going on, that was a very distinct possibility. Too bad Celestia was forced to hire a few security guards because of everything because now she couldn’t sleep in the storage room of the library or rely on one of the girls seeing how they wouldn’t even talk to her.

With night now upon her, it meant that the few stores that she could go to browse in order to warm up was gone. It was a nightmare in a way, she didn’t own very many clothes and the warmest ones she had wouldn’t protect her from the frigid temperatures that was expected overnight. She was hoping that maybe one of the small convience stores was still open, but they were on the other side of town and the buses had already stopped running for the day which meant a long walk.

“Hello little lady, you look a little down. How about a free fortune by the one and only Dr. D?” A man’s voice asked shocking Sunset as she never even realized anybody was there. Was surprised her even more was the gaudy tent that was decorated with so much glitter and lights on the outside that it would likely give even Rarity a heart attack.

“Fortune?” Sunset asked, studying the tent, surprised the glow from the lights didn’t draw her attention moments earlier. Turning her attention to the tall, lanky man Sunset couldn’t help feeling a little weirded out by the guy. It wasn’t his mismatched suit, the sleeves being two different colors that Sunset couldn’t decide on since they seemed to keep changing every time she blinked. The creepy look on his face as his mismatched eyes sparkled with mischief made her want to avoid this guy as much as possible.

“Yeperronie! Free fortune telling, free heat and maybe even a free hot cocoa to warm your tummy princess!” The man chirped, clapping Sunset on the shoulder before pushing her toward the tent by gently leading her from the small of her back.

“I guess maybe a few minutes couldn’t hurt.” Sunset reluctantly agreed as the man didn’t seem to want to take no for an answer. Before she knew it she was sitting on one side of a card table that didn’t seem too sturdy resting in a folding chair with a space heater on the floor keeping the tent much warmer than it should have. Sunset couldn’t exactly say how she ended up in the tent, much less nursing a steaming cup of cocoa as the strange man settled down across from her dropping a crystal ball between them that he seemingly pulled from somewhere.

“So my dear, it seems you have been having some trouble at school.” The man said, grinning at Sunset’s shocked expression. “Don’t look like that, I am a fortune teller after all. Well, of sorts.”

“Of sorts?” Sunset repeated once again unsure if this was a good idea but something seemed to calm her and make her feel safe.

“I’m more of a dimensional traveler and thought that maybe if I showed you what is happening to other versions of you then it would answer your question.” The man said nodding sagely. He was right, Sunset was questioning if there were other hers in other worlds, would they be having troubles like this. Would they have turned out like a spoiled little bitch like she thought of her old self. Would she have been more successful in her life unlike Sunset who had been wondering if she wasn’t just some big failure in life.

The problem was, even if he could answer her questions there, many more came up such as who was this man really? And how did he seem to know so much about her? Was he even safe, or was he another threat discarded by Equestria? He created many more questions that he would be answering.

“Don’t fret sun butt junior, I won’t bite.” The man grinned, “I assure you I am no threat to you or anyone here.”

“Discord!” Sunset gasped pointing at him in shock.

“Now young lady, didn’t your mother teach you any manners?” The man asked before a look of realization crossed her face. “No, I suppose she didn’t. She was never mother material I suppose. This is neither there or here or anywhere near. This is just a chance to peek into the lives of some of your many alternates spread throughout the multiverse. That way, maybe you can get a matter of perspective on your life. To see what you are capable of and maybe show you just how great you really are. How important you are to every universe you are in.”

“And how do you expect to do that? Show me everything through a crystal ball?” Sunset asked making Discord suddenly burst out in a fit of laughter.

“Oh no Sunny Bunny, this is just decoration. You will be experiencing their lives, feeling everything and seeing everything as if you lived it. You won’t be in control though and your alternate won’t know you are along for a ride. They won’t sense you or be able to hear you. I will be able to though, just call out to me and I will answer. If you want to stop, I will pull you back.” Discord said, making Sunset nervous. Sure she knew Twilight had said that the embodiment of chaos had changed, but what does he get out of this?

“My dear friend Fluttershy heard from Twilight the trouble you are having here and asked me to come check up on you since they are in the middle of the crisis of the week. Though if things don’t change here soon, be ready for Princess Sparkle Bottom to come flying through the mirror to help you.” Discord explained.

“Okay, let’s say I agree to this, how long will mind hopping take?” Sunset asked.

“Well, that all depends on you. You will be able to fast forward and rewind, plus it depends on when you want to stop. You can experience quiet a few within a few minutes, or many throughout the night. Either way, morning is as long as it will last because I will have to return to Equestria then.” Discord said.

“I’m still not sure how this is supposed to help me, but I suppose I at least have a warm place for the night. Go ahead.” Sunset said, regretting her choice when Discord smirked and a flash of light made everything white only to blink and see the iron gates of the biggest school she had ever seen sitting in front of her.

‘What did I get myself into?’ Sunset wondered as she felt her body move on its own and walk towards the large gates.

Author's Note:

Since everyone seemed to be very supportive and willing to wait until Summer where I can have a lot more peace and a lot less stress working on my main stories that really need more planning that I can currently give because of many reasons, I will be working on this until then. I do want to know if maybe possible future scenes, and I mean possible because they might not happen in those stories if I decide to do something different by then, would you want to see scenes from my other stories in this one or just new stuff?

Thank you again everyone for all of your support! :scootangel: