• Published 23rd Apr 2018
  • 1,337 Views, 24 Comments

Redheart Rehabilitation - Emerald Omen



It all started with a lie. A lie I implied just to have a friend for a week. Little did I know, that lie would be the start of a life changing series of events. Events that would lead me to find the love of my life, and a friend who truly cared.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,337

Chapter Three: Unexpected Results of Admittance

Someone was poking my nose. I scrunched my face, and tried to bat whatever was poking my nose away, muttering nonsense in my sleep.

“Wake up sleepyhead.” I heard someone say. I cracked open one eye, and found Redheart’s face inches from mine.

“Geez!” I said, startling myself awake. Redheart just put a hand to her mouth, giggling to herself. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

“God, what time is it?” I mumbled. Red snickered.

“Let me guess, you’re not used to getting up at six thirty in the morning.” she said. I straightened up.

“S-Six thirty?! Are you trying to kill me?” I asked, bewildered. She laughed again.

“Look at it this way, by getting up earlier, we can do more stuff today, instead of only getting half a day by sleeping in! Doesn’t that make sense?” she asked, sitting next to me. I shrugged.

“I guess it does. Let me shower and get changed, and then I’ll make breakfast.” I said, stretching.

“Okay. I’ve already done my morning routine, so I’ll just wait for you in the kitchen.” Redheart said, leaving me to wake up.

I wandered into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I shrugged off my dirty clothes, and turned on the shower, letting it run for a moment to let the water heat up. I stepped in, letting the hot water run over my body. There are few things more relaxing than a nice, hot shower.

After a ten minute rinse, I stepped out and wrapped myself in a towel, waist down. Of course, it was then I realized that I had forgotten to get fresh clothes before hand. I quietly opened the bathroom door, peeking out to make sure Redheart wasn’t around, then meandered to my bedroom.

Of course, I had also forgotten that was Redheart’s room for now. I stepped in, and froze. Redheart was currently only in her bra and panties, staring at me with a shocked expression.

“J-Jack?! D-Don’t look!” she squeaked, quickly turned away from me. I quickly stumbled backwards, away from the doorway, clutching my waistline towel with one hand.

“Sorry! I’m so sorry! I forgot to get fresh clothes, and thought you would still be in the kitchen.” I babbled. I tripped over a stool behind me, and fell backwards onto the ground, cracking my head on the hardwood floor in the process, knocking me out cold.




“Jack, are you okay? Please be okay!” I heard someone say. I opened my eyes, and found I was staring at the ceiling.

“Uhh, where am I?” I asked aloud. I heard a faint gasp, and suddenly Redheart appeared at my side.

“Oh god Jack! You tripped over something, and knocked yourself out! You’ve been out for an hour.” she said, looking relieved. I was going to move my head, but it hurt to much. It was then I remembered what had happened prior.

“Sorry for… um...” I paused, searching for the right words. Redheart put a hand on her chest.

“Don’t worry about it Jack. It was an accident, and we’re both adults after all. I know you wouldn't peep on a girl on purpose. You’re not like that.” she said, smiling. I noticed I was wearing clothes.

“Umm… did you dress me?” I asked, realizing that if she had done so, she would have seen… everything. To my horror, she nodded, confirming my fears.

“Yes. You were shivering, so I dried you off, and put some fresh clothes on you.” she said innocently. I glared at her.

“And… did you...” I whispered. She giggled.

“Yes Jack, I saw you. I was a Nurse for a few years, so don’t worry. I’m used to it.” she said, patting my chest gently. I leaned my head back against the pillow. A question flew into my head.

“Wait, you were a Nurse? Then, why aren’t you now? Didn’t you like it?” I asked quizzically. She nodded.

“I liked it for the most part, but the part I really hated was having to see patients I got close to… pass on. It’s unbelievably difficult to get close to someone, just to have them leave you unexpectedly, so I quit, and started my own business that still allowed me to help people.” she said. I was hit with sudden realization.

“Redheart Rehabilitation… Miss Redheart. Wait, are you the owner of Redheart Rehabilitation?!” I exclaimed. She nodded.

“Yep. The business is only a few months old, and I rarely participate personally as a rehab person, mainly because I get so busy with paperwork and other duties, but I was open when you came in yesterday. When Melissa, the girl you spoke to, came back and told me there was a gentleman in need of a rehab worker for a week that was such a perfect match for me, I honestly looked forward to meeting you.” Redheart admitted.

Once again, I felt guilty. It was time to tell her, even if the conditions weren’t perfect.

“Um, Red? I need to tell you something.” I said, forcing myself to look at her. She looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

“I’m not a smoker.” I confessed. She gave me a confused look, so I decided to continue.

“I was just walking through the mall when I spotted your business. I just got a really strong urge to go in, and when I did, the atmosphere was just so… friendly. I haven’t been in a place that felt like that in a long time, and I didn’t really want it to end, so I applied. I thought it would be nice to have a nice person to be with for a week, even if they were getting payed to do so.” I finished, feeling worse and worse as I heard myself admit that.

Redheart was silent, just looking at me. I decided to speak a little more.

“I now realize that I took you away from your business, and potentially took you away from helping someone who might have actually needed help, and I feel rotten about it now. I originally told myself it would be fine, because I’m paying you, and in the business business, money is what matters. But I know that was wrong now. Please don’t hate me.” I said, closing my eyes, waiting for her answer.

I eventually heard her sigh, and braced myself for her to lash out at me.

"I'm going back to work. I don't have time for people who take advantage of me." she said, quickly sitting up. She walked over to her suitcase and began to pack up her things. I suddenly felt scared.

"W-Wait Red! Is there anything, absolutely ANYTHING I can do to make you stay? I really enjoy your company!" I pleaded. Red stopped just as she was about to walk out the door, and turned to me.

"Anything?" she asked. I nodded.

"Anything. I feel really bad for lying to you, and I still hope we can be friends." I said quietly. Redheart crossed her arms.

"Fine. There is one thing you can do." she said. I looked up hopefully. "You can take me out on a dinner date." she finished.

Wait... what?

Author's Note:

Shorter chapter, but with a serious turn. Jack admitted is wrongdoing towards Miss Redheart, and appears to be angry. But, is she really? Or is she just taking Jack's mishap as an excuse to make an advance towards him?

Redheart's reaction was not what I originally had, but a reader (Viper Pit) gave me this idea, and I dubbed it better than what I originally had.

Also, there will be NO SEX in this story, hence the teen rating. I want to write a nice romance story with content, not clop.