• Published 23rd Apr 2018
  • 1,335 Views, 24 Comments

Redheart Rehabilitation - Emerald Omen



It all started with a lie. A lie I implied just to have a friend for a week. Little did I know, that lie would be the start of a life changing series of events. Events that would lead me to find the love of my life, and a friend who truly cared.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,335

Chapter Five: Beach Date and Confessions

The kiss lasted for about five seconds. The gentle lapping of the calm nightly waters adding a soft ambiance to the otherwise silent moment. In a word, it was perfect. The perfect moment, the perfect kiss.

Once we finally broke, neither of us could find words to speak. We gazed at each other for the longest time, and then, she put her hands on mine, and brought them up to her chest. My breathing became nervous. But then, Redheart smiled.

“Jack... that was beautiful.” she said, releasing my hands, and leaning against me. I put my arm around her, and we both looked out upon the water.

After another few minutes of silence, I quietly spoke.

“So... now what?”

Redheart looked at me.

“I don't know. I mean, Jack... I have to admit, I find you quite attractive, and have developed some feelings for you, although it's only been a few days. I wouldn't mind if this turned into something more, but that's me. I don't know how you feel.” she said, taking my hand again.

I didn't need to think very long.

“I like you Redheart. I dare say you ignited a spark in me the day I met you that I haven't felt in a long time. I haven't felt much for a woman in years, mainly because they never seem to take much interest in me. But you...” I paused, once again moving that pesky strand of pretty pink hair from her face. “You made my insides feel warm the second I saw you. Although I can't remember exactly what I thought when I saw you, I'm sure it was along the lines of: Holy crap! That's whose going to be with me for a week? I must be the luckiest man on Earth.” I finished. Redheart was nearly in tears.

“I-I really made you feel like that?” she asked, her eyes twinkling. I nodded. She suddenly buried her head into my shoulder, and let out a sob. I wasn't sure what to do. It certainly wasn't the reaction I expected.

“Are you okay? I didn't mean to upset you?” I asked, concerned. She chuckled in between sobs.

“Are you kidding Jack? That was the most romantic things anyone has ever said to me.” she said, hugging me again. I patted her back.

“So, does that mean you want this to escalate further?” I asked, smiling. She looked at me with big, tear filled eyes.

“Of course. I'd love to call myself your girlfriend Jack.” she said, hugging me tightly. I smiled. After so long of being lonely, I finally had someone special.

We sat on the cool beach sand, and looked out at the water. We leaned on each other, and I put and arm around her.

“You know, I know lying is a bad thing, but imagine. If I hadn't gone into your business and lied about being a smoker, I never would have met you.” I said, giving her a small kiss on the forehead. She smiled, and nuzzled against my shoulder.

“Don't get cocky Jack. That was one lie that turned out fine, but I don't want you lying about everything all the time. I like my men honest.” she said. I smirked.

“I promise.” I said, laying back onto the sand. Redheart did the same, and we both gazed at the starlight sky.

“Isn't it lovely to see the stars at night. You can't see them when you're in the city, but when you're out in a more rural area like this, we can see them all.” she said. I response for that, and although I knew it was way to soon for a comment like this, I said it anyway. I rolled over, and looked at Redheart, the stars twinkling in her eyes.

“I can think of something more beautiful to look at.” I whispered. Redheart blushed.

“Wow. Laying the flattery on thick, are we? Not that I mind...” she trailed off, turning her gaze towards me.

I smiled.

“Sorry, couldn't resist. I never really had enough time to say things like that with my previous girlfriend's before they left me, so I figured I better start now.” I said. Redheart looked hurt.

“You mean to say I'm expected to break up with you so soon? I hate to tell you Jack, but I'm not like those other girls. I intend to stay with you until you do something that would make me not like you anymore.” she said, poking me in the side.

I laughed, and sat up.

“I'll try not to be an asshole if I can help it. I fully hope to keep you around.” I said. Red smiled.

“Good. Like I said, I don't scare away easily.” she sighed. I looked back at the water.

We remained there for another hour or so, until we both realized we were getting plum tuckered, so we called it a night and went home.

Although... Redheart seemed a little more hesitant to let me sleep on the couch, and not join her in my bedroom.

Author's Note:

Short chapter, I know, but a big mood change! Both are now aware of their feelings for each other.

I'm strongly considering adding sex to this story, even though I wasn't originally going to, but part of me doesn't want to because I might turn away some of the readers who don't like to read Mature stories. Thoughts?