• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 642 Views, 4 Comments

Life is All a Dream - Mylittleponyfan



Fluttershy dreams that Discord does not like her.

  • ...
 4
 642

The Falling Out

The sun begins to rise in Ponyville. Fluttershy, who is with Pinkie Pie, is feeding Angel.

"Angel's just so cute, isn't he?", said Pinkie.

"Yeah. He sure is. I even taught him some new tricks," said Fluttershy.

"Really?", asked Pinkie, amazed.

"Mm-hmm. You can watch."

"Okay!"

"Angel, fetch!" Fluttershy throws a carrot and Angel runs after it and brings it back to Fluttershy.

"Cool!", said Pinkie.

"Angel, sit!", Fluttershy commanded and Angel sits down. "Roll over!", she commands and Angel rolls over. "Play dead!", she commands and Angel plays dead.

"Wow! So cool! He can act like a dog!", said Pinkie.

"Indeed."

Meanwhile, Applejack is setting up a ladder on her farm when Discord arrives.

"Hey, what is the ladder for, Applejack?", he asks her.

"Oh, I thought I'd paint around the windows here, just to fix it up a notch," said Applejack.

"May I help you? I can paint quite fantastically!", Discord offered.

"Well, I don't know."

"Come on!", Discord insisted.

"Well, I'll need to give this some thought."

"Come on! Give me a chance!"

Finally, Applejack said, "Well, all right. I don't see why not."

"Thank you," said Discord.

"You're welcome. But, uh, just not the windows. It's dangerous to climb this ladder. So only around the farm only. I'll handle the windows personally. Okay?"

"Okay! Deal!", agreed Discord.

"All right," said Applejack. Suddenly, Pinkie Pie jumps out of nowhere.

"Hey!", Pinkie shouts as Applejack and Discord become startled. "Whoa!", they both exclaim in unison.

"I heard you guys are gonna be painting? Mind if I help, too?", said Pinkie.

"Sure," said Discord.

"Oh, okay. But like I told Discord, not the windows. Those, I'll do," Applejack informed Pinkie.

"Okey dokey!" And with that, Pinkie Pie immediately zooms off.

"Well, that was, um... random," said Discord.

"Tell me about it," Applejack agrees.

Pinkie zooms up to Fluttershy and says, "Fluttershy! Applejack just said she was gonna let me paint the barn for her!"

"Really? Oh. Well, that's good," came Fluttershy's response.

"Come on! I'll show ya!", said Pinkie and she grabs Fluttershy and zooms off with her to Sweet Apple Acres.

"See, all this is what Applejack told me to paint. Except the windows 'cause it means climbing the ladder, which is dangerous," Pinkie instructs.

"I see," said Fluttershy.

"So I was just thinking, maybe we could do some painting!", said Pinkie. Before Fluttershy can answer, she notices Discord cheering to himself.

"Whoo-hoo! Oh, this is going to be great!", said Discord.

Immediately, Fluttershy says, "No."

Pinkie asks, "How come?" and Fluttershy says, "I just don't want to."

"Fluttershy, is something bothering you?", Pinkie asks her. It is quite unusual to see Fluttershy in an unenthusiastic mood.

"If Discord's going to paint, I don't want to," stated Fluttershy.

"Oh. Well, what do you wanna do?", asks Pinkie.

"Um..." Fluttershy gets an idea. "How about we wash the pig?"

"Great idea!", said Pinkie and she and Fluttershy walk over to the pig.

"This might be fun!", said Fluttershy, to which Pinkie responds, "Trust me, it will be!"

Just then, Discord approaches Fluttershy and Pinkie.

"Can I help, too?", he asks. Immediately, Fluttershy becomes angry once she hears Discord's voice and lets out a stern, "No!" Pinkie and Discord are shocked by this and they say in unison, "No?!". "Mm-mmm," said Fluttershy.

Discord is confused. He asks, "But why?" Fluttershy responds, "I just don't want you to."

"But what did I do?", asks Discord. Fluttershy says, "I can't tell you because I won't be talking to you."

"Fluttershy? What is the matter?", Discord asks Fluttershy, who turns away from Discord. "Come on, Fluttershy! Tell me what is wrong!"

"Discord, I think Fluttershy already made it clear that she's not talking to you," said Pinkie.

"Exactly! I won't ever talk to him, play with him, or have Tuesday teas with him ever again! And I don't like him anymore! Hmph!"

Both Pinkie and Discord gasp in shock. Discord is immensely hurt by this and walks off, feeling completely hurt and lonely. Pinkie sadly watches him. "Oh, Discord..."

"Liar. He's all, "Oh, what did I do? What is the matter?" He knows what he did," said Fluttershy.

Discord walks into Applejack's house. Applejack is washing dishes when she notices Discord. "Discord? What's the matter?"

"I have just lost my best friend. Fluttershy told me she does not like me and will never talk to me or have..." Discord begins to tear up. "...Tuesday teas with me again!" Discord begins to cry into his arms. Applejack goes to comfort him.

"There, there, sugarcube. Did you do anything[sic] to make Fluttershy angry?", asks Applejack.

"I do not think so."

"You sure?"

"Uh-huh. Well, if she does not like me, so be it. I will not like her either!", Discord finalizes, crossing his arms, feeling angry and hurt.

"Oh, well, maybe this is all just misunderstood. Fluttershy's your best friend," Applejack tells him.

"Well, she was."

"I suggest you go ask Fluttershy again one last time, just to see if it works out," Applejack suggests.

"Well, okay. I shall try again," said Discord.

"Good," said Applejack. Discord leaves Applejack's house and begins to approach Fluttershy and Pinkie.

"Fluttershy? Tell me, why are you--", Discord began, only to be interrupted by Fluttershy talking to Pinkie over him.

"How long do you think washing this pig will take?"

"Beats me," said Pinkie.

"Fluttershy, I am begging you to tell me why you are mad at me," Discord insists. But Fluttershy sighs, turns her back towards him, and once again talks to Pinkie.

"Because I thought it'd take about 5 minutes."

Discord is becoming angry and says, "Okay. Very well. If you will not talk to me, I shall do the same!"

"Well, fine!", said Fluttershy.

"And if you do not want to play or have tea with me, neither do I! Hmph!"

"Fine! Hmph!", said Fluttershy as Discord walks back into Applejack's house and slams the door shut.

"Now I am really angry!", shouted Discord.

"About what?", asks Applejack.

"That Fluttershy!"

"What happened?"

"I attempted to talk to her and I now know she will never talk to me again!"

"Oh, gosh. This is serious. Let's go see Fluttershy."

"Fine!", said Discord. He and Applejack walk out of the house and approach Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy? Discord tells me that you two aren't gonna talk or anything[sic]."

"That's right. This is all his fault," said Fluttershy.

"But what did he do?", Applejack asks.

"Yes!", said Discord.

"He told me he doesn't like me," said Fluttershy.

"That is not true!", said Discord.

"You're the one who told me you never liked me and that you think it's boring to have tea with me and that you don't like me or coming to my house!"

"Fluttershy, don't ya think you've made him feel bad?", said Applejack.

"Doesn't matter because he's not my best friend."

"But I want to be!", said Discord.

"You can't because you don't like me."

"But that is not true!"

"You told me you didn't ever like me! I know you said it!"

"I never said that! It... was probably another Discord!"

"Oh, no. I know it was you," said Fluttershy sternly.

"None of that is true! However, if you would rather think that, then fine! We are not friends!" Feeling hurt, Discord flies off, crying.

"Ooh. Brutal," said Pinkie as she watches Discord flying off.

"Fluttershy! That was very harsh of you to say that to him!", Applejack scolded.

"He deserved it. He's no friend. He's a monster, a traitor, and a liar," said Fluttershy.

Applejack and Pinkie are shocked by Fluttershy's words. Fluttershy and Pinkie continue to wash the pig. Suddenly, Applejack gets an idea.

"I have an idea!", she said as she runs off to the Golden Oak Library, knocking on the door, to which Twilight opens.

"Oh. Hi, Applejack."

"Hi, Twilight. Listen, uh, I need to tell you this."

"Okay. What is it?", asks Twilight.

"For some reason, Fluttershy's mad at Discord and doesn't wanna talk to him."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Will you come and see what's the matter?"

"Of course. Come on, Spike."

"Comin'!", said Spike as he and Twilight follow Applejack back to Sweet Apple Acres.