• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 642 Views, 4 Comments

Life is All a Dream - Mylittleponyfan



Fluttershy dreams that Discord does not like her.

  • ...
 4
 642

Painting the Farm

Twilight, Applejack, and Spike arrive at Sweet Apple Acres. By now, Fluttershy and Pinkie are finished washing the pig.

"Hey. I see you two are done," Applejack points out.

Pinkie says, "Yep! We did a great job, didn't we?"

"Ya sure did," said Applejack.

"But not as good as when I did it that one time!", Spike added, proud of that achievement.

"Spike, stop it!", Twilight scolds him.

"Yeah, that was with Apple Bloom. And stop with your arrogance," Applejack reprimands Spike.

"Sorry," said Spike.

"So what's the trouble?", Twilight asks Applejack.

"Yeah," said Spike.

"Hi, Twilight! Hi, Spike!", exclaims Pinkie in a joyful manner while Fluttershy says in a deadpan tone, "Hello."

"Fluttershy, Applejack tells me that you and Discord aren't getting along today," says Twilight.

"You're right," says Fluttershy.

"Did he do anything to hurt you?", asks Spike and Fluttershy says, "Of course."

"So why aren't you guys getting along?", asks Twilight.

"Because he told me he doesn't like me," said Fluttershy.

"Are you sure this is true?", asks Twilight, raising her eyebrow in a confused manner, knowing that Fluttershy and Discord are normally best friends.

"I'm positive. Why don't you ask Angel? He should know," said Fluttershy.

"Oh. All right then," said Twilight. So her, Applejack, and Spike run to Fluttershy's house and approach Angel.

"Angel! There you are! Tell us, why does Fluttershy think Discord doesn't like her anymore?", Twilight asks Angel. He mimes Fluttershy being asleep.

"Fluttershy was asleep and what else?", asks Twilight. Angel mimes a roaring monster and a bout of crying and screaming and then standing straight up with his eyes wide open.

"Discord was chasing after Fluttershy, who started crying and screaming and then Fluttershy woke up?", Twilight guesses. Angel nods, confirming Twilight correct. "Ah. So that's why Fluttershy's mad at Discord. Fluttershy thought the dream was for real," concludes Twilight.

"Ohh! Now we get it!", said Applejack and Spike in unison.

"Well, we have to prove to Fluttershy that it was just a dream and nothin' happened!", said Spike.

"But how?", asks Twilight.

Applejack realizes something and says, "Hey! I remember Discord and Pinkie wanted to help me paint the farm! Maybe we could have them do that together!"

Twilight and Spike's faces brighten up. "Hey! Good idea! If we have Fluttershy and Discord do something fun together, Fluttershy will realize that it's not true Discord doesn't like her!", said Twilight.

"Hey, yeah! Let's do that!", Spike agrees, already liking this idea.

"Righto! Let's go!", said Twilight.

"Yee-haw!", cheers Applejack.

"Yeah, yee-haw!", Twilight agrees. She, Applejack, and Spike run off.

Later, Fluttershy is painting the farm alone. On the other side of the farm, Pinkie Pie and Discord are painting the farm together.

"Hee hee! This sure is fun, isn't it, Discord?", Pinkie Pie giggles.

"Oh, you have no idea," Discord agrees.

"Mm-hmm!", said Pinkie Pie.

Applejack arrives and notices Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Discord painting the farm and smiles gladly.

"Wow! Look at you guys! Looks like this is fun for all of you!", said Applejack.

"Oh, it sure is!", said Pinkie Pie.

"Yes. Thank you, Applejack," Discord said respectfully.

"No problem, folks. No problem," said Applejack as she walks over to Fluttershy.

"How are ya, Fluttershy?", Applejack asks her.

"Oh, good. Real good," said Fluttershy.

"Incredible. But, uh, the work would go faster if you all worked together," Applejack suggests.

"No thanks. I'd rather paint alone," said Fluttershy, still upset about Discord.

"Hmph! Me, too!", said Discord, who is still upset about Fluttershy.

Shrugging, Applejack says, "Suit yourself. Well, I'm gonna get more paint."

Applejack walks off to collect some more paint to finish the house. As soon as she is out of sight, Discord crosses his eyes and blows a raspberry at Fluttershy, who crosses her eyes and blows a raspberry back at Discord.

"I've never painted like this before in my life!", Pinkie Pie said ecstatically.

"Hmm!", Discord said, agreeing with Pinkie.

As long as they would be painting, Fluttershy was never going to speak to Discord ever again. Fluttershy looks at the ladder and the windows. She, of course, knows what Applejack had said about painting the windows, but she was already in a bad mood and she had wanted to help Applejack and simply get the whole thing over with. She becomes determined and begins to climb up the ladder. Pinkie Pie and Discord look up and notice this and are quite shocked.

"Hey! Fluttershy! What are you doing?!", said Pinkie Pie.

"I'm gonna try and paint the windows so I can help out!", Fluttershy replies as she climbs up the ladder.

"Stop! Applejack said we are not allowed to! Besides, you might fall and get hurt!", Discord warns Fluttershy. Even though he was still upset with her, Discord did not want Fluttershy to get hurt. But she simply ignores his words and replies, "Oh, what do you care?!"

Giving up, Discord shrugs and says, "All right. Go ahead. But do not say I did not warn you!"

"Whatever," Fluttershy said, brushing him off. Standing on the ladder, Fluttershy tries to paint one of the windows. However, she suddenly begins to lose her balance. She falls off the ladder, only to hang onto the windows.

"Whoa!", she shouts. Pinkie Pie and Discord gasp at the sight of Fluttershy dangling for her dear life.

"Fluttershy!", Pinkie Pie and Discord both shout in unison. Fluttershy becomes scared as she keeps dangling from the windows, looking down at the ground below her, which gives her quite a fright as Fluttershy has always been frightened of steep heights.

"Uh-oh," said Fluttershy. She is now beginning to regret ever climbing up the ladder just to paint around the windows, which is exactly what Applejack had previouly warned them all not to do in the first place. All because of her stubbornness and refusing to listen to Discord, Fluttershy is now in this scary predicament and she has no idea how she is ever going to get out of it.