• Published 4th Apr 2018
  • 360 Views, 1 Comments

An Anthology of Interest - AaronLancs



MLP: FiM / MLP:EG and fandom as seen through my prism.

  • ...
 1
 360

Princess Twilight Sparkle and The Caffeine Conundrum

Author's Note:

A little addition to the anthology.

In Ponyville's Castle of Friendship, the home of many a great debate and ceremony. There was a very important discussion underway between three important ponies.

In the lounge Princess Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer were discussing a matter of importance.

"What is wrong with a mocha or a frappé?" Said Sunset who was paying a visit as Canterlot High were on a break and so had time to spare.

"WHAT IS WRONG?" Yelled Twilight. "EVERYTHING!"

"Calm down Twilight," commented Starlight. "You're going to burst a vein."

"Well," Twilight said. "Coffee is coffee is coffee is coffee."

Sunset mused, "Well I guess with my time in the human world my taste palette has somewhat been expanded upon and coffee comes in many different varieties and flavours, beyond the usual instant or ground varieties. Plus the additions of chocolates, caramels, syrups, etcetera really bring out the flavour and add a bit of nuance to the drink."

Twilight cocked an eyebrow, "Well Sunset, give me your best recipe."

"Okay then. You take three espresso shots of ground coffee. Add a shot of chocolate powder, drizzle in some standard syrup and mix together. Mix up some oaty milk into the concoction and top with cream and chocolate shavings and a marshmallow. VoilĂ . What do you think?"

"Find me a place I can try this."

So Twilight, Sunset and Starlight went off to find a coffee shop that did that creation and found a branch of The Coffee Bean, Manehattan's creative coffee shop in Ponyville.

Sunset and Starlight waited outside with their coffee creations, as Twilight ordered the nearest thing that Sunset described.

"So," enquired Starlight. "Do you think Twilight will like your creation?"

"I know she will," replied Sunset. "From what she says about her favourite drinks. Combining coffee and hot chocolate into one drink is a masterstroke of inspiration. Plus, when she next visits my world's equivalent of Sugarcube Corner at some point. She'll have the right drink to order and fit in well. My world's Mrs. Cup Cake already is eagerly awaiting her return and has the knowledge of what to give her."

"Wow," said Starlight. "You have a right knack for knowing what people want, don't you?"

"I guess I have a certain intuition about certain things. But it is more like one great big suggestion list."

Twilight finally arrived at the table and lifted the drink to her lips.

"Hmm," commented Twilight after tasting the drink. "The coffee is there and it is a strong coffee at that which I like. The hot chocolate element of the drink adds a certain nuance to the party. Plus the syrup binds it together well. You have found my Saturday drink when I have the weekly meeting with the fellow Element bearers, thanks."

"See," responded Sunset. "Coffee is more than just the instant or ground variety. Also don't forget about the buzz you'll get."

And so with Sunset looking at the clock and knowing of the time differential between the two worlds. She left to head back to Canterlot High.

Twilight and Starlight were still at The Coffee Bean fifteen minutes later. Twilight having had two of the drinks was starting to feel more alert than Pinkie Pie ever would and got the most craziest idea in her head.

Twilight commented at the loudest natural voice she could use, "PINKIE! Want to have a Goof Off?"

Pinkie's head came out of a nearby flower pot to respond and then went back into said pot after commenting, "Sure do, Twilight, you're on!"

Starlight's head thunked the table and commented to herself. "Sunset, what have you started! Now, Twilight is more hopped up on caffeine than ever. Celestia help us."