• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 1,701 Views, 33 Comments

Magic Breaker - M1nhTre37



What happens if a human is dropped in Equestria and has the power to negate magic?

  • ...
4
 33
 1,701

Enter Twilight Sparkle

It's been a week ever since I moved to Ponyville. Since then, I was holed up in the library, reading and gaining as much knowledge as I can (because of my amnesia in case you people forgot). Here is what I know so far.

A. I'm in a land called Equestria.
B. I am an earth pony.
C. Equestria is ruled by a princess named Celestia.
D. She can apparently raise and lower the sun and moon. (I find this hard to believe)
E. This hot chocolate I made is really good.
F. I don't have a cutie mark. (Apparently, it's strange for ponies my age to not have a cutie mark yet)
G. Déjà vu hitting me so hard I have constant headaches.
H. I kept having dreams of me being a strange bipedal creature. Whats up with that?

Other than that, working as a librarian is actually pretty easy. Very few ponies ever come in to borrow books. Also, there is Summer Sun Celebration that is coming up. Everypony is out and about preparing for the festival. As for me, I'm just chilling in one of the chairs reading a book about wizards when suddenly.


"MAAAAAAASON!!!!!"

"WHOA!!!!!" I yelped as Pinkie barrelled through the door and straight into me.

"Oof! Pinkie Pie, why did you break my door and crashed into me?" I groaned as I lay on the floor.

"There a new pony here! There a new pony here! There a new pony here!" she excitedly yells as she bounces on top of me.

"*Ow!* Get—*augh!*—off—*gak!*—me—*argh!*—Pinkie Pie!" I groaned.

"Oops, sorry about that." Pinkie Pie tittered as she finally got off of me.

"Now then, what were you saying about a new pony?" I asked as she continued to bounce up and down.

"Oh yeah! Well, she coming from Canterlot and she is coming here to live with you!" she answered.


Huh, If I remember correctly, Canterlot is the capital of Equestria, where all nobles live, including Princess Celestia. It's practically meant for only the rich and famous ponies of Equestria.


"Ok, so I have a roommate, what does that have to do with me?" I asked.

"Can I please throw a party for her in your library? Please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeease?" Pinkie Pie begged as she clasped her hooves together and shook them back and forth.

"Oh alright," I relented.

"YAY!!!" Pinkie Pie screamed as she ran out the door to get supplies.

"BUT FIX MY DOOR WHEN YOU GET BACK!" I called out to her while she sped away.


5 hours later

Twilight Sparkle was not having a good day. Ever since she arrived in Ponyville, she was stuffed full of apple pie, used as a landing pad by a pegasus, hassled by a fashion designer, and is now being followed by a super shy pony who was currently asking questions about her baby dragon Spike. All she wants to do is get to the library and figure out how to stop Nightmare Moon before she comes back. When she finally arrived at the library, she quickly got inside and slam the door shut.


"Huh. Rude much?" Spike asked

" Sorry, Spike," Twilight apologized, "but I have to convince the Princess that Nightmare Moon is coming, and we're running out of time! I just need to be alone so I can study without a bunch of crazy ponies trying to make friends all the time."

"Now, where's the light?"

"Surprise!"

"Ugh," groaned Twilight.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?" Pinkie Pie said excitedly.

"Very surprised. Libraries are supposed to be quiet." Twilight sighed.

" I know! But Mason let me threw a party for you!" Pinkie Pie explained

"Mason? Who's that?" asked Twilight curiosly.

"Oh! He moved to Ponyville a week ago! Where is he? I want to come and enjoy the party too!"


Now that Pinkie Pie mentioned it, Princess Celestia did mention that another pony would be living here with her. Twilight is not sure what kind of pony this 'Mason' is but she hadn't expected him to allow Pinkie Pie to throw a party in his library.


"So where is this Mason character?" Twilight curiously asked.

"I don't know. Probably somewhere else or something. But that's fine. LET'S PARTY!!!!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.


Hi, I'm not dead yet. If you were wondering where I was, I was in one of the rooms upstairs napping. Why was I napping? Because I wanted to, totally because I did not stay up for 2 days straight reading the Daring Do books and the sleep caught up with me. Yeah... well anyway, I just woke up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Looks like Pinkie Pie started the party already, I can practically hear the music reverberating through my room.


"I'm never staying up for two days straight again," I muttered to myself as I slowly rolled out from my bed.


I was about to exit my room when—

*BAM*

Next thing I know my face decides to get really close to the wall.


"Owwwww," I groaned.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" somepony said.

"That's ok, but would you please help me remove my face from this wall?" I asked


Suddenly, I feel a weightless force tug me free from the wall and dropped me down on the floor. Face first.


"Thanks, now what unknown force decides to make you slam my face into the ground," I asked.

"I-It was an accident! I swear!" the pony babbled.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. It's not like the floor could kill me," I chuckled as I got and faced the pony.


She was a mare with a lavender coat. Her mane was navy blue with a purple streak running through it. She was nervously studying my face for any signs of anger.


"So, what brings you to my room?" I asked.

"Wait, this is your room?" she questioned.

"Well yeah, I'm the librarian of this place," I answered.

"Ohhh, so you're Mason," she exclaimed.

"Yeah, and you are?" I inquired.

"Oh! Sorry, I'm Twilight Sparkle," she replied.

"I'm gonna take a guess and say that you are the new pony around here," I deduced.

"Th- that's right, how did you know all that?"

"Eh, lucky guess, now what is the reason why you're up here?" I asked curiously

" *Sigh* I'm trying to get proof that Nightmare Moon is coming back and researching about the Elements of Harmony, but I keep getting sidetracked by a bunch of crazy ponies who want to be my friend." Twilight sighed.

"Well, what's wrong with having friends?"

"You don't understand! This could very well change the fate of all of Equestria!" Twilight cautioned.

"C'mon, relax a little. It's just a story. Even if it is true, you could find a way to fix it right? Come on let's go see the sunrise," I said nonchalantly as I exited the room.

"I hope you're right," Twilight muttered as she followed me.


5 minutes later

Town Hall

"Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!" Mayor Mare announced.


I gotta say, this whole festival is already looking pretty good. There were colorful steamers hanged up around the building, tables full of food set up at the sides, and ... is that a band? orchestra? I don't know, a group of birds singing to an actual song. Hmm, the bird on the left could go a little more crescendo. Eh, what do I know. I'm no musicain.


Mayor Mare then annouced, "In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..."


Alright alright I get it, get on with it already.


"...Princess Celestia!"


A white pony with an indigo mane then pulled a rope to lift the curtains to reveal... nothing. Is this part of the festival or something? Doesn't look like it, seeing the other ponies are chattering nervously.


"This can't be good," Twilight worriedly said.

"Remain calm, everypony," Mayor Mare urged, "there must be a reasonable explanation!"

"Ooh, ooh, I love guessing games! Is she hiding?" Pinkie Pie said excitedly.

"I don't think so Pinkie Pie, why would she need to hide?" I replied.


Suddenly a blue transparent mist suddenly appeared on the balcony, quickly parting to reveal...


"Nightmare Moon" whispered Twilight in fright.


Oh you have got to be kidding me.

Author's Note:

Another one down, infinity more to go.