• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,517 Views, 16 Comments

Apple Pie - Sky Strider



Pinkie visits Applejack and asks to help her buck apples, and opposites attract

  • ...
5
 16
 1,517

Chapter 4

“PINKIE PIE!!” Applejack screams. “please be okay.. Please be okay..” Applejack repeats to herself as she slowly walks to her. She stares at Pinkie, the tree laying over her. One of Pinkie’s eyes twitch slightly and Applejack notices it immediately.

“Big Mac!” Applejack yells. “Get this tree off her, she’s still alive!”

“Eeyup!” he says rushing over,

Apple Bloom tries to follow him, but Granny Smith stops her and takes her into the house. Big Mac and Applejack hurry to get the tree off her, but also work very carefully. They have a hard time, because every time they move the tree, Pinkie grunts in pain,

“A…Ap..Apple..jack..” Pinkie says through the pain.

“Pinkie..” Applejack replies still in tears. “Don’t you worry sugarcube.. We’ll get this tree off you lickity split.”

“Apple..jack..” Pinkie says again. “I’m..sor..ry..” Tears start to roll down pinkie’s cheeks.

“Wh..What are you sorry for sugar cube…” Applejack asks her.

“You..Almost.. Got hurt..” Pinkie answers.

“It wasn’t your fault..” Applejack tells her. “Now you gotta conserve what energy you have left..” She turns to Big Mac, and he nods. “This will probably hurt.. And ah’m sorry..”

Big Mac and AJ start to lift the tree off of Pinkie. She grunts, trying to hold back screams. It takes a few moments for them to get the right leverage, but when they do they nod at each other.

“Brace yourself Pinkie..” Applejack tells her.

She does. Applejack and Big Mac heave the tree, and it is lifted off Pinkie. She screams nearly passing out. They put the tree aside.

“Pinkie..” Applejack says to her.

“Applejack?” Pinkie replies,

“You’re gonna be okay..” Applejack says to her, “Ah’ promise..” she nuzzles Pinkie, then nods at Big Mac, He lifts pinkie up off the ground, she grunts in pain as Big Mac sets Pinkie on her back.

“Hold on tight Pinkie..” Applejack tells her. Pinkie nuzzles the back of Applejacks neck resting her head on her mane. Applejack gallops off toward Ponyville hospital as fast as she can. It only takes her five minutes at the speed she’s galloping, she makes it to Ponyville hospital busting through the door to the emergency patient wing.

“Help! Help! Ah have a patient here! She is in trouble!” Applejack yells.

Two doctors and a nurse rush over with a stretcher, they carefully take Pinkie off of Applejack and set her on the stretcher,

“What happened.” one doctor asks,

“A tree fell on her..” Applejack tells him.

“How did it happen” he asks

“she was..” Applejack pauses looking at the floor.

“Well?” he says.

“She was saving me..” she answers him.

“I see.. We’ll do everything in our power to keep her alive.” he assures Applejack.

“Ah know you will.” she says

They start wheeling Pinkie into the ER, but she stops them by grabbing at Applejacks coat.

“My dear..” the nurse says in a sweet tone, “you’ll see her again, you have to let us help you though.”

Pinkie looks at her, then at Applejack. Applejack sighs sadly, “You’ll see me again Pinkie, They wont let you go..” she says,

Pinkie tries to get Applejack to lean in close. And she catches on, Applejack leans down, putting her ear to Pinkie’s muzzle. Pinkie whispers into Applejacks ear, she picks up her head, looking at Pinkie with a seemingly shocked look. The doctors wheel her away after that. AJ follows them into the ER Waiting room, its separate from the regular lobby for more important friends and family of the injured. Applejack paces back and fourth in the room for hours, waiting on an update from the doctors. About four hours later, one of the doctors comes out of the ER, his apron and mask stained in blood. Applejack notices the stains and instantly becomes more worried than before.

“Applejack, right?” The doctor says.

“Yeah…Is she okay?” Applejack asks.

“Pinkie Pie is going to be alright, but just barely.” he says.

Applejack sighs with relief,

“You got her here in the nick of time.” the doctor says to her. If you hadn’t gotten her here as quick as you did, she might not have made it. We had to do reconstructive surgery on several of her vital organs and bones, namely her spinal cord and her ribs. Her lungs and liver as well.” the doctor explains.

Applejack covers her mouth with her hoof, not realizing that Pinkie was in that bad of shape. “C..Can ah’ see her?..” Applejack asks him.

“Not quite yet” he says, “We’re still closing some of the surgery wounds, and cleaning up.”

“Oh..Okay.” Applejack says, seeming sad.

The doctor rests a hoof on her shoulder, “Don’t worry. She’ll come out of it.” he says, reassuring her.

“Thanks.” Applejack says, giving him a light smile,

The doctor goes back into the room to help the others finish the work. She sits down on one of the chairs in the room, finally taking a rest from her pacing. She stares at the floor, and tears slowly start to roll down her cheeks. She can hear the doctors talking in the room, and also hear the beeping of the heart monitor

“How is she” one of the doctors asks the other.

“She’s not out of the water yet.” he explains, “Her body still needs to recover from the surgery, and that could take time.”

“Should we take her to get a scan?” she asks.

“For now, no. She needs to rest a little.”

The doctor walks out of the room, to go speak with Applejack.

“Miss?.. Are you Applejack.” he asks her, when he sees her sitting there.

“Yeah.. Ah am.” She answers,

“We’ve done all we can do for Pinkie today, She needs rest, and tomorrow we’ll be taking her to get CAT scanned.“ he tells her. “You should go home, and get some rest yourself. “

She looks up at the clock, they’ve been there for hours and she didn’t even realize it. “Is there a place Here that Ah could sleep?” she asks the doctor.

“Unfortunately there isn’t.” he says to her, placing a hoof on her shoulder. “Go home, Get some rest and come back in the morning.” he tells her.

“Can Ah see her for just a minute?..” she asks the doctor giving him an almost begging look.

“Sure.” he says

Applejack walks into the room and looks at Pinkie. She nuzzles Pinkie’s cheek. “Ah’ll be back bright and early tomorrow morning..” she says quietly. “get some rest ya hear”

Applejack heads home after that, hoping that Pinkie will be okay.