• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,517 Views, 16 Comments

Apple Pie - Sky Strider



Pinkie visits Applejack and asks to help her buck apples, and opposites attract

  • ...
5
 16
 1,517

Chapter 2

Late in the evening, Applejack, Pinkie, Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow, and Fluttershy all went out to dinner together.

“How are all of you doing” Twilight asks everyone,

“Fabulous, just fabulous” Rarity says with a smile,

“Great” Rainbow answers,

“just fine.” Fluttershy says.

“Ah’m doin’ fine.” Applejack answers, though a bit quieter than everyone else.

“Doing great.” Pinkie says with a giggle.

“Rarity, you sound really happy.” Fluttershy remarks.

“Did you get a lot of work done today?” Twilight asks her.

“If you must know, I just got a very large order designed. And I am quite proud of it.” She answers them.

“That’s great to hear.” Twilight says.

“I hope you get it done on time.” Fluttershy says to her.

“They gave me plenty of time so I believe I will.” Rarity looks over at Rainbow. “Did you do anything interesting today Rainbow Dash?” she asks.

“Nah not really. Just kicked the clouds out of the sky then relaxed pretty much.” she says. Then turns to Applejack. “How about you AJ?” She asks.

“Ah’ did some work in the orchard.” she says, still being quieter than everyone else, but no one really notices.

“And I helped her!” Pinkie jumps in “I had So much fun helping Applejack out in the orchard, She taught me how to Buck the trees just right to get the apples to fall.” she says smiling,

“Ah’ did didn’t Ah Applejack says smiling.

“That was really nice of you Applejack.” Twilight responds to them.

“aw shucks.. There’s nothin’ to it.” she says blushing a little. She looks at Pinkie, “You’re welcome to come back tomorrow and help if you want..” she tells Pinkie a little hesitantly. “if ya’ ain’t too busy”

Pinkie beams a huge smile, “I’d love to come and help! I’ll clear it with Mr. and Mrs. Cake when I get home tonight.” she tells her.

“Alright then. Just try to get there Really early, we’re usually up by dawn.” Applejack tells her.

“Okay!” Pinkie says still smiling.

Applejack turns to Twilight, “What did you do today” she asks,

“Today was Reshelving day” twilight smiles, “I took every single book off the shelves, and reorganized them.” she explains.

Rainbow Dash accidentally lets out a giggle. “Oh Twilight you’re such and egg-head.” she says, still giggling,

Twilight giggles along. Soon they all burst into laughter. After a few moments, Rarity stands,

“Ladies I must bid you adieu, I have a long day of work ahead of me tomorrow.”

“So do I!” Pinkie says with a slight gasp,

“I guess that means Applejack will be going too?” Twilight says

“..Huh? Oh right..Yeah G’night y’all” Applejack says.

The rest of them say their goodbyes and goodnights. Then head home.

Applejack slowly walks home, she is trying to figure out what she was thinking about when Pinkie helped her with the apple bucking earlier. There was some sort of feeling there, but she just cant put her hoof on it.

“why was Ah’ feelin like that..” she says to herself, “what kind a’ feelin’ was it..”

She is starting to frustrate herself. Sighing softly she, looks up at the sky and, without realizing it, she visualizes Pinkie’s face in the stars. She sighs again, and keeps walking, eventually making it home and going to bed.

Pinkie Pie woke up before dawn the next morning excitedly waiting to see the sun start to rise so she can head to Sweet Apple Acres. Almost an hour later, it finally does rise, and Pinkie zooms out of the door. Applejack woke up when the roosters outside her window crowed, she had barely gotten any sleep the night before, so she was more tired than usual. She trots down the stairs and goes into the kitchen, getting some coffee, hoping the caffeine will wake her up before Pinkie gets there. About twenty minutes, and three cups of coffee later, Pinkie arrives at the door.

“Morning Applejack!” she says happily when Applejack answers.

“Mornin’ Pinkie. Glad to see you here on time.” she smiles.

“I would not have missed this for anything!” Pinkie says, “Apple bucking was so fun yesterday, and I only did a couple of trees. I can’t wait to do an entire day’s worth!” she says happily giggling and squeaking.

“heheh.. Tell me that again after Noon.” Applejack laughs, “Lets get to work.” she says. Trotting out the door passed Pinkie.

Pinkie smiles, “Yes Ma’am.” she giggles.

Applejack smirks, quickly running out to the section of the orchard they’re bucking today. All the trees are already surrounded in baskets for collecting the apples. She starts bucking the trees. Pinkie quickly follows suit, trying to work as fast as Applejack is. Applejack stops working for a moment to see if pinkie is keeping up, and her jaw drops when pinkie is passing her. The feeling she had yesterday while Pinkie was bucking the trees, has returned. She stands there watching her, still in awe.

“how in the hay can she do that..” she says quietly to herself.

Trying to snap herself out of it, she starts bucking the trees again, picking up her pace a little.

A few hours later, noon comes, and its their lunch break time. Applejack trots over to pinkie who just bucked a tree and was about to buck another.

“Pinkie Pie!” Applejack shouts as she’s nearing her. “Its break time!”

“Woo hoo!!” Pinkie yells, “I could really use a drink!” she smiles.

Applejack smiles too, “Come on over here and get a snack.” she trots away heading back toward the house.

Pinkie smiles following her. When they get to the house, Applejack gets a small cloth from a drawer in the kitchen, and wipes the sweat off her face. Pinkie walks over, Applejack smiles,

“We’ve done a lot today Pinkie” she says to her

“I know!” she replys “And it is so much fun!!” she squeaks and giggles at the same time.

“heh.. well ah’m glad you are enjoyin’ yourself.” Applejack tells her. “Ah didn’t even know ya had it in ya t’do this kinda work.”

“well that’s cause no pony’s ever asked me to do this kind of work. But I’ve always been able to.” Pinkie says.

“well shoot.. I should’a had ya come over sooner then. we coulda really used your help a week ago when we had to get all the apples down before that big storm hit..” Applejack tells her “Pinkie, ah’m really sorry..”

Pinkie gives her a questioning look. “about what AJ?” she asks,

“I had a mighty bad feelin’ about bringin’ ya out here.. Ah didn’t expect you to do this well.. Can ya ever forgive me?..” she asks.

Pinkie smiles softly and hugs Applejack. “Absolutely I can, I think the others would’ve felt the same way if I was helping them with their works.” she says. “so don’t worry about it.” she smiles.

Applejack smiles too, and blushes slightly. She starts nuzzling Pinkie’s cheek, Pinkie’s cheeks turn from her usual hot pink color to a deeper crimson red. Applejack stops, pulling away and taking a step back. Pinkie is just standing there smiling.