• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,517 Views, 16 Comments

Apple Pie - Sky Strider



Pinkie visits Applejack and asks to help her buck apples, and opposites attract

  • ...
5
 16
 1,517

Chapter 1

Its early morning. Applejack is just waking up at the crack of dawn, like always to go out to the orchard and buck the apples off the trees. She was always the first one to wake, even before Big Macintosh. Starting with the closest trees, she began her work for the day.

Pinkie Pie woke up at around ten A.M. that day, and began her work for the Cakes. She got out the ingredients for cupcake batter and started mixing it up, humming a tune as she did. When the batter was mixed up enough she poured it into cupcake trays and put them in the oven. A few minutes later she took them out, and then put a couple of cakes in the oven while she decorated the cupcakes for the counter. When the cakes were done she took those out and decorated them as well. She continued baking the treats until just passed noon her work for the day was done, so she left Sugar Cube Corner to go see what her friends were up to.

Pinkie headed over to Twilight’s house and knocked when she got there. Twilight opened the door to see her standing there smiling.

“Hiya Twilight!” Pinkie said happily,

“Hey Pinkie” Twilight said in reply.
Pinkie tilted her head a bit to see inside the house, “Uhm Twilight? Why are your books on the floor?” she asks curiously,

“Its reshelving day” Twilight says happily.

Pinkie giggled, “Well I guess you're busy then?” she asks,

“Yeah sorry Pinkie, maybe we can talk later on?”

Pinkie nodded with a smile, “See ya later!” she said, then hopped away, heading for Carousel Boutique.

She knocked on the door to Carousel Boutique and Sweetie Belle answered.

“Hi there Sweetie Belle!” Pinkie said, “Is Rarity here?” she asked her.

“Hi Pinkie, well uhm Yes she is. But she’s so busy with her work right now, She wont even let me walk in the room..”

“Oooh I best not bother her then, Can you let her know I was here though?” Sweetie nodded with a smile. Pinkie smiled back. “See you later then.”

she walked away, heading toward Fluttershy’s cottage.

Fluttershy was already outside, giving food to all of her animal friends. Pinkie smiled and hopped over to her.

“Hi Fluttershy!” she said happily but loudly.

Fluttershy squeaked “Oh..Hi Pinkie.. You startled me..” she said quietly.

Pinkie giggled. “Whatcha up to?” she asks her.

“I’m feeding all my animals their lunch.” she says.

“Sounds fun” Pinkie giggles again, “Need any help?”

“I think I can manage.” Fluttershy says to her with a soft smile.

“Oh.. Well alright then.” Pinkie smiled.

“is something wrong Pinkie?” Fluttershy asked her.

“Well.. It just seems like everypony is busy today..” she says.

“Oh..’ Fluttershy sighed, “we can get together later on if you like..”

Pinkie smiled. “that sounds like fun!” she said happily, “I’ll see you later on then.” she says, then heads out.

Fluttershy goes back to feeding the animals.

Pinkie Pie walked around ponyville, waving at everypony she passed, looking at them with a smile. But she can’t stop thinking in the back of her head, ‘I wonder why everypony is so busy all of a sudden.’ she kept walking through ponyville. Pinkie decided to try one more stop before going back to Sugar Cube Corner. Sweet Apple Acres.

She heads there and sees Applejack and Big Mac taking a break,

“Hi Applejack, Hello Big Mac!” Pinkie says walking up behind them.

Big Mac smiles and nods, Applejack smiles as well, “Howdy Pinkie, What can Ah do ya’ for today” she asks.

“Oh.. Nothing really,” Pinkie answers. “I just came to see if I can help out a little, nopony else this afternoon wants my help, so I thought I’d come and see you” she says with a smile.

Applejack puts a hoof on the back of her own head with an awkward smile. “Well Pinkie Ah don’t really know if apple buckin’ is your kind’a work.” she says honestly.

“Please, please please please please please Let me help” Pinkie pleas.

“Well.. “ she pauses. “no offense sugar cube, but Ah don’t think you‘ll be strong enough” she says sighing.

“Can you at least let me try?“ she asks. “I promise that if I can’t do it I’ll go back home so you can finish your work.“

Applejack glances at Big Mac looking for help, he nods. She sighs, “Alright Pinkie, Ah’ll let you help.“ she says then thinks to herself, ‘I’m glad we’re already almost done..’

Pinkie smiles “Thank you!”

she trots over to one of the unbucked trees, and starts to shake it back and forth, After about twenty minutes or so the last apple falls off and she starts collecting them in a basket. Pinkie shakes down two more trees, and Applejack can’t really take it anymore, she trots over and offers a little friendly advice.

“Hey Pinkie?” Applejack says to her.

“Yeah Applejack?” She replies.

“Why don’t you try actually bucking the trees.” she trots over to one. “Like this pinkie,” She raises her back hooves near the tree and slams them into it, All the apples fall off in about ten seconds. “It helps us get the work done easier.” she says.

Pinkie nods, “Alright I’ll try it.” she says

walking up to a tree. She does the same thing Applejack does, but only about half the apples fall off. Pinkie looks at the ground with a saddened look,

“Aw’ shucks Pinkie, don’t feel so bad.” applejack says comforting her. “I couldn’t buck ‘em all off when I first started out. Why don’t you try buckin’ it again.” she says.

Pinkie nods again, and bucks it. The rest of them fall off. “See you’ve got it now.” she says with a smile. Pinkie smiles back.

“Thanks Applejack” she says softly, then heads over to another tree.

Applejack watches her, she has never actually seen a pony buck a tree. it’s a bit different than doing it herself, She starts to get a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach as Pinkie bucks the next tree, about three quarters of the apples fall this time.

“heh see Pinkie? You’re already getting better.” Applejack compliments her.

Pinkie smiles at her, then bucks the tree again, and the rest fall. She starts collecting the apples.

“Pinkie Hold on a sec” AJ says. Pinkie looks at her. “You just buck the rest of the trees..” Applejack says “Ah’ll collect the apples.”

“Are you sure?” Pinkie asks her thinking she may not be feeling well.

“Yeah Ah’m sure.” she smiles, “Go on now, finish the work.” she says warmly.

Pinkie smiles and nods, heading down the path and bucking the trees. Applejack follows her all the way down, watching her. When Pinkie bucks the last tree, she leaves hoof prints in the bark of it. Applejack looks back and forth between Pinkie and the hoof prints. When Pinkie sees what she did she starts to worry,

“Oh Applejack I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to leave a mark in the tree..” she says

“Oh its fine pinkie, it wont hurt it, Don’t worry at all.” Applejack smiles

Pinkie smiles too and starts collecting apples. Applejack watches her, thinking to herself. ‘how can a pony who’s never done this before be strong enough to leave hoof prints in the trees..’ she blushes looking at her back hooves, ‘I can’t even do that..’ She lets pinkie continue to collect apples while she watches, still blushing a little bit.