• Published 21st Mar 2018
  • 1,704 Views, 10 Comments

A helping paw? Or was it claw? - SweetCookie



Discord be helping Fluttershy take care of her animals and then misunderstandings happen. There be fluff here mates.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,704

Chapter 2

It was the day of the Tea Party, but for Fluttershy it was a day she had regrettably cancelled because she wanted to take care of her beloved animals more properly, since Angel brought home a cold that most of her creatures got infected with.

For the first part of the morning, she was flying around as fast as she could, giving medicine, feeding them warm food, making sure their temperature wasn't too high, and making sure their beds were warm and comfortable. If she were to go mad, she would have lost her mind hours ago! There wasn't a moment to herself, and if she had set out some tea for herself, it would still be in the pot untouched and rather cold by the time she would properly get to it.

With the sound of something poofing into existence in her living room, the stressed mare turned around and to her surprise saw a certain Draconequus in her cottage, dressed as a doctor...?

"Everypony can stay calm! Doctor Draconequus is here to help~"

"Discord? What are you doing here?"

"Why, I came to help you Flutters! Aren't you happy to see me?"

'He's trying to make me laugh again, isn't he? I guess I need something to help calm me down right about now...'

"Discord, I am happy to see you, and if I have the energy to laugh I would laugh. I thought you had plans today."

"I do have a plan for today by dear Fluttershy: To help you with the animals."

"Y-you'd help me take care of my animals?"

'She likes the idea Discord~
Keep going, she might appreciate you more!'

"Discord, I can hear your thoughts."

"No you can't! How anyway?"

"Your talking to him."

Discord turned to another version of him standing next to him. Laughing his usual laugh, he mustered up a 'how silly of me' face and with the click of his claws his costume AND his clone vanished.

"Oopsie, he wasn't needed then. I do really want to help you though."

"I'll be fine on my own-"

"Fine?! You look as if you haven't had time to look after yourself at all today!"

And indeed the Draconequus was correct. Fluttershy's long pink mane was left unbrushed and tied in a high ponytail that had since been getting more loose by the hour. She looked tired and she had no time to sort herself out properly, and she probably didn't have any breakfast either. Discord had been right to come along to help, it looked as if she REALLY needed the help desperately.

"I don't want to be a bother to you if you DO have plans Discord."

"Dear Fluttershy, to the Lord of Chaos, you are never a bother to me. Besides, I'm usually quite free anyway, and all I was planning to do was bother Twilight and Celestia today, which wouldn't be as fun as spending time with you my little pegasus~"

"I-I don't know what to say....I'm..flattered."

"No need to be that way Fluttershy, I would, however, recommend you sort yourself out."

"But I don't want to leave the animals unattended."

"Easy fix!"

The click of his claws made Fluttershy tidy once again. Her mane was now neater and looked brushed, and she wasn't looking as tired as she had been just 5 seconds ago, and when she turned around to get something from the kitchen, it allowed Discord to lose some of his composure.

To Discord, the beauty that was presented to him was rather angelic, and it made his heart flutter, which it had literally been doing right next to him. Before Fluttershy could turn around and see his heart, he practically swallowed it whole and struggled to keep it down his throat. In her hooves, perfectly balanced, was a tray filled with warm soup for some of her more omnivorous animals, and as gently and balanced as she could, she placed the tray in Discord's uneven hands.

"If it's not too much trouble, could you please give these to the omnivorous animals? They should all be in bed in the room to the left."

"Not a problem for the Lord of Chaos! I'll be back in a jiffy."

Discord, choosing not to click his fingers in case the tray were to fall from his odd fingers, walked himself over to a room filled with different animals. He, however, had only read about the basic information of each animal Fluttershy had in her home, but he had absolutely no idea which animal was 'omnivorous' at all.

Spending about 5 minutes (and having to turn his paw into an inductor of heat to keep the soup warm), he gave up and with the click of his claw he gave random animals the bowls of soup. Satisfied, he clicked himself back to the living room and left the animals with the bowls of soup. Fluttershy had just taken care of another group of sick animals, giving them their medicine and checking their temperatures, and she had been surprised to see Discord already done with the assignment she had given him only 5 minutes ago.

"You already fed the animals?"

"I was supposed to feed them? I thought they could feed themselves!"

"They're sick, and it's not exactly something easily done without a helping hoof."
"I'll make light of this quickly. I'll give them all spoons that can feed them. There, done. Now what's next?"

"Um..I haven't checked up on the bunnies and the deers for a bit, and they might be uncomfortable, so-"

"Roomservice coming right up!"

Discord was already gone in the click of a claw. Fluttershy could only sigh as she put her trust in him, hoping he wouldn't create too much Chaos. Too much chaos?

Who was she kidding, she was alright with the Chaos, so long as it's easy to fix if it went beyond the limit of which she can handle. After all, it was a defining feature of his that stole her heart, and she was sure he could make that literal in the click of a paw or claw. Shaking her head, she set to fix them both up some tea, not wanting to imagine a scenario where he would actually hold her heart.

Sometimes the magic of Chaos doesn't frighten her, it just grosses her out!

Author's Note:

Part 2 of this short story, this time Discord being rather helpful in his chaotic ways, probably not going to be helpful for long though. This is going to be as good as I can make it, so voila.

Hope everypony enjoys :)

Catch you all later ^w^