• Published 21st Mar 2018
  • 1,703 Views, 10 Comments

A helping paw? Or was it claw? - SweetCookie



Discord be helping Fluttershy take care of her animals and then misunderstandings happen. There be fluff here mates.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,703

Chapter 3

Discord had been doing more of what Fluttershy had asked of him, and each time he used his chaotic magic to get the job done faster. It had worked and made light work for Flutters and Discord, and it wasn't until Fluttershy finished setting up a dining table with a tea pot and 2 tea cups when Discord came clicking his way into her living room, swiping a paw over his forehead.

"There, my work here is all done."

"I have to say Discord, I think it was a wonderful idea for you to come and help me with my animals. I don't know if I could've done this work on my own."

"No need to thank me just yet my dear, now let's relax with that lovely tea of yours. I do also have to add, you look rather lovely if you're not galloping around everywhere."

Fluttershy giggled and poured the both of them a cup of warm herbal tea. Fluttershy and Discord soon began engaging with each other in conversation and were enjoying themselves in the discussions they had. After a few minutes of conversation, Fluttershy began to grow rather curious as to what Discord did to finish his tasks faster than she did with her own 2 hooves, or rather she was curious to see what kind of Chaos Discord made to make his job a lot easier.

"Um, Discord, I'm kind of curious as to what you did to finish each task faster than I ever could."

"You are referring to my Chaotic powers, right?"

"I am."

"Hm, well when you said to keep the creatures in the corner left room warm and/or cool, I installed a cooling and heating system in their beds that balances their temperatures just nicely, I think the room on the right are getting washed by the tubs, brushes, soaps and towels, if I remember correctly I made the medicine give the birds some crushed pills, I wasn't entirely sure if you wanted me to clean up the room with the rabbits and squirrels in it, so I poofed the rabbits and squirrels into an enclosed area of the room while some living cleaning materials clean up whatever mess they made."

"So long as it has a time limit to set everything back to normal-"

"Don't worry your pretty little head Fluttershy, I have it all under Chaotic control, trust me my dear."

"I do have to admit, I have a bad feeling about it, but I don't think I should worry."

Discord gave the pegasus a smile and both continued on with their tea. After a short while of conversations, there was a crash coming from the room Discord said he focused on cleaning and tidying up. Concerned for her animals, Fluttershy got up from her spot of the couch and trotted to see what had been happening, gasping when she saw the sight of a vacuum cleaner trying to blow away what remained of a group of squirrels and rabbits. Discord peered his head into the living room and gave a rather confused look.

"Strange, that wasn't supposed to happen."

"Discord, do something to help them."

"I'll click them out of their misery. Don't look at me like that, I meant the misery of being IN the vacuum cleaner, not death itself!"

One click of his claw, and he managed to get the creatures out of the vacuum, though it still went after them, sending each of the animals into a scatter, the various cleaning objects chasing after them. Another room became loud with distress as the animals that had originally been fed soup were scattered to avoid anymore forceful feeding from the spoons and bowls that gave chase. The same thing can be said for the animals that were racing to get away from the various bathing objects that continuously spayed water at them. If Fluttershy was able to faint multiple times, she would have gone unconscious more times that she could count!

Discord, on the other hand, got really confused with all that had been happening. Sure, the chaos that was erupting spontaneously around him wasn't very unusual for him, seeing that things like this always happened around him a couple of times, so he didn't really see any need to panic at all. What he did do was pour himself another cup of tea and sipped it rather loudly to himself.

"Well, this was slightly unexpected."

"Slightly unexpected? Discord, they could get hurt!"

"They'll be fine my dear! The objects are just having their bit of fun."

"Objects can think for themselves?!"

"I gave them a small mind of their own so they could focus on the task at hand, of course I didn't think they'd find that loophole where they can do more than their set task."

"So something like this had happened before?"

"Now that you're curious about it, I did do this to Rarity's dresses last week. OH! I also did it to Twilight's books just a month ago! Now, that was fun!"

"Discord, what's so funny about this? Somepony could get hurt!"

"Just relax my dear, these things will be removed of their powers after they're done with them."

"When would that be?"

"Give it about 5 minutes, it should be over about then."

Fluttershy wasn't able to relax, and she frantically began to help her animal friends as much as she could. She even had to buck a brush or two away from her sick creatures. Discord on the other hand, still remained calm and collected, laughing every now and then when an object didn't understand the concept of either a wall or a door. The Draconequus thought it had been the perfect time to tell the mare how he truely felt about her, of course his timing couldn't have been worse for Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy~ I have something to tell you."

"It can possibly wait, can it?"

"Not really, but-"

"Can you tell me later please? I need to fix this mess."

"Mess? Dear Fluttershy, this isn't exactly what I would call a mess."

"Discord, it may not be a mess for you, but for a Pegasus who doesn't possess the same powers as you, this IS a mess! What if somepony gets hurt?"

"Nopony will get hurt. Didn't we have this conversation about 5 minutes ago."

"Discord, just undo what you've done."

"Why?!"

"Because I don't want the animals to get hurt."

"So I wasn't any help to you at all?"

"Of course you were! Things are just getting out of hand."

"Then let it pass!"

"I won't! I don't want them to get hurt. Please Discord, I'm asking you as a friend."

"I wish it had been more.."

"More?"

"Forget it. What's the love of a Draconequus to a pony? Nothing."

"Love?"

Discord couldn't form anymore words, and with the click of his claw, he undid the chaotic magic on the objects as they fell lifelessly to the ground. The Draconequus then poofed away from her living room, leaving the mare to process what he had said to her. Fluttershy in the past days previous after discussing her crush situation to AppleJack had promised herself to read any possible sign that Discord may have liked her back. If she could, she would have bucked herself in the head for it, blaming herself for not noticing the possible signs sooner.

-Discord dropping by unexpectedly
-Discord CARING about creatures other than ponies
-Discord attempting to read up on Animals to help her out
-Discord offering to lend her a hoof
-Discord's compliments
He DID love her...

Author's Note:

Quality may or may not have dropped down in this chapter. Oh boy, let me know if the pacing is off, so I can fix it. Any help is better than none :)

Chapter 3 everypony! I should wrap things up next chapter unless I can't, in which case another chapter will do that for me xD

Have a wonderful day mares, colts and foals!
Trotting away~

SweetCookie