• Published 20th Mar 2018
  • 472 Views, 17 Comments

I Don't Bite... - 2 Liter Leo



Well Read, a vampony, lives in Ponyville. Now there is a little problem, he saved somepony's life.

  • ...
 17
 472

5 Lessons...

(Well Read)

Having been taught how to be a vampony you would think I would know what I was doing right? Wrong, I learned in a way that fit me. She needs to be taught in the way that fits her. I did not get a cutie mark in teaching, did I? It also did not help that she a full-grown five-year-old mare.

The first lesson I had to find a way for her to learn was control. More specifically, control over her new urges. Her new urges to hunt and kill ponies for the blood she needs. With Vinyl’s help, we managed to teach her the best way to get the red liquid of life. Making pony friends that want to help you stay a peaceful creature that wants to live peacefully among ponies.

Second, was the rules of living. Well, rules for living and surviving among ponies. Half-way through the lesson, I had to leave. I needed a break. How did Vinyl manage to stick around long enough to teach me with giving up? I had to make a deal with Vinyl to get her to take over, ten vials of unicorn blood two days from now. That deal was worth it.


(Well Read)

I gave Vinyl the vials happy to hear that Nightshade(Morning Dew’s new name) was happily living among ponies. “I should have told long before now. So, I am going to show you something, don’t freak out.” I nodded expecting her to jump at me.

In front of my eyes I saw the impossible done by Vinyl, her fangs disappeared and eyes her changed to more of a pinker red. “Ho-How did you do that?” I stuttered out in surprise.

“This is what makes me special as a vamp, I can make myself look more like a pony. So I can hide among them, waiting for the right time to strike. I use it to better control myself when I am like this blood is about as appetizing as rotten hayburgers.”

“So, can I do that?”

“No, I think each vampony as a different special thing about them. Rare’s way with animals is hers. Nightshade can blend in with any plants, literally, I couldn’t find her for three hours because she was a rose bush. I don’t know if you have one, some of the Vamps I have asked have told me that they have no idea what I was talking about?”

“I don’t think I have one,” I said sorrowfully looking down. Then I looked across the room at an unfinished vial of unicorn blood I had been drinking before Vinyl’s interruption. I wanted to finish it so bad, my mind was nothing but thoughts of that vial. The vial was surrounded by a green aura and it floated over to me and landed on my waiting hoof. I was dumbstruck, me using magic? Impossible! This had to be a trick by Vinyl! “Vinyl, stop messing with me,” I called out while staring at the red liquid.

“I did not use any magic! Plus my aura is purple, not green.”

“Since when could I use magic? I know that for awhile now I couldn't properly fly for awhile now, but magic? How?”, I quickly finished the vial. Oh, how tasty that blood was.

“I think what makes you special is what blood you have been drinking. Didn’t you give Nightshade all your earth pony blood vials, so she can sate her thirst while she finds blood donating friends?”

“Yeah, so?”

“You have been drinking unicorn for two weeks now. So, I guess after two weeks of earth pony blood drinking you would have earth pony magic. What happens when you drink pegasus?”

“I don’t know, I only had a small amount when I turned Nightshade.”

“Well, let’s find out! One of my suppliers is a pegasus, I have enough for you to have two weeks worth.”

“Let’s do it!”

“Yeah!” She was really excited, and so was I. I now had an upperhoof on Rare.

Author's Note:

This chapter is short, I noticed. I just wanted to get this one done. I needed to explain some things, so I am sorry if this feels rushed.

Coverart is almost done! Hurray!

Please leave your opinion in the comments on each vamp's special thing. Well Read's ability is to change the type of pony magic he uses through prolonged drinking of a certain type of blood, just in case you missed how it worked. I am bad at describing things.