• Published 19th Mar 2018
  • 1,109 Views, 107 Comments

My Little Pony/DC: Equestrian Heroes - Equestrian Defender



A MLP/DC Crosover. A new villain appears in Equestria, changing the face of Equestria for ever. To win this fight, we don't need harmony. We need heroes.

  • ...
4
 107
 1,109

Chapter 1: The Blind Pony

-Manehattan-

The ship slowed down before coming to a stop at the dock, the sailors quickly jumping down and tying ropes around the posts to make sure it wouldn't drift away. Once the stairs had been lowered, they all began to disembark.

Among the crowd strolled a rather large unicorn stallion. As he reached the street, many passerby couldn't help but look at him strangely, mainly because of how he looked.
Most of his body was concealed by a large white cloak, which concealed everything save for his head and his tail. His tail was pure white, like freshly fallen snow. His head, however, bore no mane. All they could see was his dark black coat, and the white cloth that covered his eyes.
His horn glowed, and from within his cloak he pulled out a long black and white cane. He then began walking down the street with it.

One little filly looked to her mother and asked "Mommy, why does that pony cover his eyes?"

The mother looked down to her daughter and replied "He's blind sweetie. He can't see."

"Oh."

The Stallion continued to walk down the street, before walking up to a passerby, a Earth Pony colt in his teens, and asked "Excuse me? Would you happen to know where one might find a good meal? The food on the ship was terrible."

The colt nodded. "Yeah, there's an inn just three blocks down. I can take you there if you'd like, Mister...?"

The stranger nodded, and then smiled. "Gray. Mister Gray will do."


A few minutes later, Mister Gray was sitting in a booth at a diner, enjoying a very nice Daisy-Lentil sandwich. After thanking the waitress, he overheard two other ponies having a conversation as they were walking out the door.
"Can't believe Queen Chrysalis tried taking Ponyville again."

"You'd think she'd have learned not to mess with them. I mean, they got the Elements of Harmony living there. You'd think they've have a sign there that said 'Don't mess with us.'"

That conversation definitely got his attention. As the waitress came back with his check, he asked "Miss, what would be the fastest way to get to... Oh, what was it called? Ponyville, I believe?"

She smiled, not that he saw it, and replied "The Ponyville Express. That's the train that always makes a stop there. You board that train and you should get there within a day."

He smiled, thanked her for the food, and proceeded to give her a very large tip. Afterwards he hailed a carriage and asked to be taken to the train station.
The Elements of Harmony. Time to see just who I'll be, dealing with.

-Ponyville: The Next Day-

"We need to set up some security measures around here."

Princess Twilight Sparkle sighed, slamming her head down onto the table. "I know, Applejack."

Applejack looked at her and continued "I get that you want to keep Ponyville all nice and welcoming, but this is the fifth time this month that we've had Changelings coming in and-"

"I GET IT!"

Applejack took a step back, a bit shocked at the outburst. Fluttershy then asked "Um, Twilight? Are you alright?"

Sighing, Twilight looked at the other five, shook her head and answered "No. Not at all. Aside from having to deal with the damages caused by yet another Changeling attack, this morning I had a meeting with two members of the Canterlot Magic Society to discuss the new curriculum at Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns. After that I had lunch scheduled with Cheerilee to discuss some renovations to the Elementary school, which I had to miss because of the recently mentioned Changeling invasion. Because of this, I now have to meet with Moondance Enterprises to see about getting Changeling Detectors and Magic Shield generators placed around Ponyville and parts of the Everfree forest. A meeting which unfortunately guarantees that I won't be at your party, Pinkie Pie."

"WHAT" Pinkie Pie screamed. "But it's the party for the three year anniversary of you coming to Ponyville. Your the guest of honor! I can't have it without you!"

"Sorry Pinkie. But that night's the only slot they have available for the rest of the month. And Queen Chrysalis has made it clear she won't stop until Ponyville's either turned into a new hive or a smoking crater. The sooner we get those defenses up and running, the better." She sighed again before slumping in her chair. "And you know what the real kicker is?"

"Tomorrow's just going to be worse, isn't it" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Fifteen Canterlot nobles complaining to me about issues I really don't care about, more trade reports I have to sort through, that's all on top of having to help with any problems that occur in Ponyville or with its citizens. And of course, the Cutie Map will more than likely have some situation for us that will no doubt throw my packed schedule into disarray and cause me another headache."

Rarity looked at her with concern and asked "Twilight, darling, when was the last time you took a vacation?"

"Yeah" Pinkie added with her own concern. "Some personal time is just what you need."

"Tried that. Took a little trip to the Crystal Empire to visit Cadance and Shining Armor. Spent most of it playing with Flurry Heart while dodging my 'adoring fans'. When I finally got home the meetings and paperwork had tripled, which took me three months to fix." She groaned before slamming her head into the desk again. "The worst part out of all of this is that the only time I get to spend with your girls is during work or when we're trying not to get annihilated by Changelings, demons, or whatever else wants a piece of us."

Rainbow quickly flew to her and put a wing around her shoulders. "We get it Twi. It's not easy being a princess."

"Understatement of the century. I don't get how Princess Celestia, Luna, or Cadance deal with this."

"Well I can't say much for Celestia or Luna," Applejack stated "but I'm pretty sure Cadance was taught to deal with this stuff, wasn't she?"

"I wasn't! Celestia taught me all about magic. That's what I wanted to learn from her. I never asked-" A knock on the door was heard, interrupting her. "Come in."

Spike walked in, holding a familiar journal that was glowing and vibrating. "You got a message from Sunset Shimmer."

A magenta glow covered the book, before it floated in front of Twilight Sparkle's face and opened to the next page. "Let's see what she wrote.

'Dear Princess Twilight,
A lot has happened since we last wrote to each other. Things have been going fine with me and my friends, no magical weirdness to speak of. Just normal human stuff mostly.
Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because my friends and I graduated last week. I know, I didn't tell you when it was, but I figured you were so busy you wouldn't be able to make it. But that's not why I'm writing.
I'm writing because, well, I can't stay here anymore.
Principal Celestia informed me that since I don't have any sort of credentials or means of identification, I can't apply for a job or a college here in the human world. It would just raise all sorts of questions that I can't answer without revealing that I'm technically, at least according to the dictionary, an alien pony from another world.
So after a lot of thought, and many, MANY, tearful good-byes, I'm making my way to the portal, and I'm coming home.
Hope to see you soon.
Your friend,
Sunset Shimmer
P.S. Since I don't have my own place in Equestria, would you mind if I crash at your castle?"

Smiling, Twilight looked at the rest of them and said "Sunset Shimmer's coming back to Equestria." Then her eyes widened. "SUNSET SHIMMER'S COMING HERE!"

She looked to Spike, but he quickly held up his hand and cut her off. "The castle is clean as can be, the guest room is ready, and I already re-stocked the fridge. Relax."

"Well at the very least-"

"We wax the floor anymore and we'll be using it as an ice skating rink."

Twilight sighed, before wrapping her forelegs around Spike. "What would I do without you?"

"Would you like the list in alphabetical or by degree of severity?"[1]

There was another knock on the door, which Twilight used her magic to open, revealing Starlight Glimmer and Trixie Lulamoon. "Sorry to bother you, Twilight" Starlight said. "But, there's a strange unicorn standing in front of the castle."

"Strange how, darling" Rarity asked.

"Yeah, Ponyville ain't exactly shy of strange ponies" Applejack added with a chuckle.

"He's just standing outside of the castle, looking at the door" Trixie stated. "When we went out to ask him what he was doing, he asked to see, and I quote 'The Elements of Harmony.'"

"Uh, you sure he didn't mean the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony" Fluttershy asked. "Because, um, we're not the actual Elements."

"Yeah, we're not six powerful magic gems that can blast a giant rainbow" Pinkie added.

"I told him that" Starlight replied. "He apologized and then asked to see the six ponies who the Elements have bonded to."

Everypony looked at one another, and Rainbow finally said "Yeah, that's strange even for Ponyville."

Twilight looked out the window, to see their supposed visitor. Starlight came up next to her and said "White cloak. Black coat. Has a cloth around his eyes for some reason."

"Judging by that cane he's holding, he's blind" Twilight stated.

Everypony else soon came to the window to take a look. "Why would he wear that cloak in weather like this" Rarity asked.

"He's gotta be sweatin' like a pig" Applejack stated.

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Thank you for that, oh so pleasant imagery, Applejack."

"Girls," Twilight said "focus. It doesn't look he means us any harm."

"Yeah, but for all we know he could be another Changeling" Rainbow pointed out. "And even if he wasn't one, he could still be a threat."

Pinkie Pie laughed, and then said "Come on, Dashie. He can't be that threatening."

"Just because he's blind doesn't mean he's not a threat. Or am I the only pony who's watched Maredevil on Hoof-flix?" [2]

Closing her mouth, Pinkie stated "Fair point."

"That maybe true, but if he really wanted to harm us I don't think he'd be standing in front of the castle in broad daylight. Or would have talked to Starlight and asked to see us" Twilight added.

Everypony nodded at that. "Um, maybe we should just go talk to him" Fluttershy said.

Twilight thought about it for a sec, before saying "I guess it wouldn't hurt."

A few minutes later the six of them exited the castle, walking up to the strange pony. Twilight was the first to speak. "Hello there, my name is Twilight Sparkle, the-"

"The Element of Magic" the stallion said, interrupting her.

Before anypony else could speak, he then pointed to Rainbow Dash "Loyalty", Rarity "Generosity", Applejack "Honesty", Fluttershy "Kindness", and finally Pinkie Pie "Laughter."

This surprised everypony. Not the fact that he knew which element they represented (honestly considering the stained-glass walls in Canterlot castle, it was pretty much common knowledge.) But the fact that a blind pony was able to identify who they were, without even hearing their voices or having met them previously.
Finally, Rainbow Dash found her voice. "Okay pal, who are you and how do you know us? Last I checked, we never met."

The blind pony chuckled. "I know everything about each of you. I know, for example, that if it weren't for your Sonic Rainboom, none of you would have your Cutie Marks. I know that Twilight Sparkle became a Princess of Equestria after completing Starswirl the Bearded's unfinished spell. I also know that it was mostly because of Fluttershy's efforts that Discord was reformed. I also know that on 17th of every October, Applejack-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH" Applejack yelled. Everypony could see that she was visibly distressed, Rarity even noticing that there was a small tear coming from her eye.

He turned to her and said "Sorry. I've been told I'm a little, tactless, at times."

"How do you know all that stuff" Pinkie asked. "Like Rainbow said, we've never met. And no offense, but I think we would have noticed you if you'd been there."

"Yes. No offense sir, but you don't exactly blend into the background" Rarity added.

"So again," Rainbow said "who are you?"

The stallion chuckled, before saying "Let's just say; the Elements of Harmony are my past, present, and future. Though, you should probably ask Celestia and Luna."

He turned to leave, but then he added "I never gave you my name. Call me, Void."
And in a flash of gray light, he disappeared.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, Equestrian Defender here with his first fanfic.
Or is it fimfic?

So anyway, Void (or Mister Gray) is an OC of mine who will be serving as the villain of this story. Who is he? What history does he have with Celestia and Luna? Why does he seem fixated on the Elements of Harmony?

Your questions will be answered... in the next few chapters. :rainbowlaugh: Ain't I a stinker?

This is Equestrian Defender, signing off.

[1] Seriously, I don't think Twilight would be the mare she is today if not for Spike. He's like the Alfred of this series.
[2] This is a reference to the AWESOME! Daredevil series on Netflix.
By the by, can we please get some more MLP Daredevil fics? Please?