• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 834 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Return Party - Surfusa



Pinkie Pie returns to Ponyville after visiting her younger sister's grave. Let's throw her a party!

  • ...
 2
 834

Chapter 3

"Ha... Ha, ha.... Ha, ha, ha...hahahahaha."

"Pinkie Pie?"

Pinkie Pie ignored Twilight and continued to laugh. Her eyes began to drift to the far side of her eyes and mouth formed a crooked smirk. The laughter penetrated the whole household, echoing in ever room. It didn't stop until Applejack gave her a good knock on the head with her hind hoofs.

"Thanks, I needed that."

The three of them gave serious looks at her. None of them understood why she laughed. Rarity was the first to ask.

"How could you laugh at moment like this?"

Pinkie Pie fell back to Earth after realizing what she was laughing at. Her hair fell and her expression died too.

"Rainbow Dash said I should always laugh at moments like this. I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself."

"We should leave."

Everypony turned to Twilight.

"Now why in Apple Shire would we go and do that? We should find the rotting core and finish him ourselves!"

"Twilight's right, we should go to the authorities and ask for their help."

Pinkie Pie looked down. It was her fault this whole party started. Now she wished she could have saved Rainbow Dash by leaving in the first place.

"Come on, let's grab Fluttershy and get out of here."

The four remaining ponies trotted over to the library to grab their yellow friend. Yet when they got there, Fluttershy was missing.

"That's funny, she was here a minute ago..."

Everypony turned once again to Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, come on! She was here a minute ago! You saw her right Rarity?"

"To be honest, when I woke up I only saw you in the door way and that ghastly thing hanging up there."

She pointed her hoof up to the remains of Princess Celestia. Pinkie Pie couldn't explain it, she swore she saw Fluttershy just a minute ago.

"I know I..."

Twilight interrupted her.

"It doesn't matter we should get across the bridge. If Fluttershy really did just wake up, she probably just left. Otherwise..."

She didn't finish her thought because every other pony knew what she was gonna say.

"Come on, we have to leave."

-------------------------------------

They make their way to the bridge with no sign of Fluttershy. The group could only hope that where ever she was, she was safe. Reaching the wooden bridge, the group slows down and get what they hope to be their last glimpse of the mansion.

"I really do feel bad leaving Fluttershy behind."

Twilight was falling to tears. Rarity tried to cheer her up.

"Don't worry. I'm sure by the time the police come that the hole mess will be fixed!"

"What about Celestia and Rainbow Dash? Who knows if it got Fluttershy too!"

"Well..."

Rarity was at a lost of words. They had lost two, possibly three, of their closest friends. The quiet patter of the rain didn't help the mood either. Then a large explosion went off. The four swiveled around just in time to see the bridge parts falling down from the burst of the explosion.

The ponies took cover as wooden planks and logs scattered around them. What remained was the ends of the bridge which eventually fell into the abyss below. Nopony could have foresaw the bridge exploding.

"Applepaste, how are we suppose to get out with the bridge gone?"

"I know, Twilight or Rarity could fix it with their magic!"

Pinkie Pie turned to the two of them.

"Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it... Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!"

"I can't, not even the most powerful pony could reach the wood that fell down there even if it was good wood. Most of it probably burned in the blast."

"Is it safe to be out here? It's dark and if we're not careful, the killer could try to pick us off one by one."

Rarity started to head back to the mansion and the rest followed.

-------------------------------------

Twilight halted at the front door. As Pinkie Pie moved ahead of them to the staircase, Twilight pulled aside Rarity and Applejack.

"Something's not right with Pinkie Pie. Maybe we should keep an eye on her just in case..."

"Come on ponies, We have to find Fluttershy!"

"We should go in groups of two."

Rarity couldn't believe what she was saying, but she stuck to it. She didn't want Pinkie Pie to kill her if she wandered from the group...

"Oh... Okay."

Applejack saw Rarity's plan and decided to join her.

"Great, then me and Rarity can go in a group. We'll go to the East side of the mansion! You and Twilight can go to the West side of the mansion."

Twilight hesitated, it wasn't the best idea for her.

"Umm, okay. We both have a walkie talkie, so we'll call if anything goes wrong."

The two couples split up and walked their separate ways.

-------------------------------------

Twilight kept her distance from Pinkie Pie. Something was not quite right with her. First, the hysterical laughing and now her spurts of craziness.

The two entered a living room on the far end of the corridor with its door open. Inside lied two comfortable chairs surrounding a fireplace with a picture over it.

"Hey Twilight, look at this!"

Pinkie Pie rushed up to a picture of a foul with his mustache hanging off him.

"It's just a poorly drawn picture, Pinkie Pie."

"But look at its mustache! It's actually there! Let me just adjust it."

Pinkie Pie reached over the mantle to put the mustache back on correctly.

"Look, all bet..."

In doing so, a trap door opened below Pinkie Pie, sending her down into a black room below. She landed with a loud thud.

"Owww, that really hurt."

Twilight peeked over the edge to see if she was okay.

"Pinkie Pie, are you alive down there?"

"Yes, but I scraped my right hoof. Can you see a way back up?"

"No, but I can go get some help."

"Wait, I see a door and some candle light. I think I can get back up there."

"Are you sure?"

Pinkie Pie stumbled up and opened the door. She was limping, but she could still walk.

"Yeah, go find the others and make sure your okay."

"Will do."

Pinkie Pie could hear Twilight run off to the others. She maybe safe, but what about herself? She could be stuck down hear forever! She started to cry about all that's happen, Celestia's death... Rainbow Dash... Her sister...

All these parties... They were killing all her friends... She was the one to blame...

Then there was a voice.

"You have to keep going, you're doomed if you stay down here."

She couldn't tell where it was coming from and it didn't sound familiar.

"Hello? Who's there?"

Silence. Pinkie Pie looked up and down the stone corridor, but no one was there. Was it imaginary or was there really someone watching. Either way, the voice was right. She had to continue for all her friends. She ran to the door at the end, but began to tire quickly. She raised her hoof to the door, but collapsed once more into total darkness.

-------------------------------------

"Well to be honest, I think Pinkie Pie may be involved with all this."

Applejack pushed over some desks to search for any clues where Fluttershy may have gone.

"Nothing... Where could she have gone."

"I have no idea. There are some great books on this shelf though."

Rarity was picking away at some books on the personal shelf above the guest bed. The main topic of them all were fashionable outfits of the year.

"Why can't Twilight read some of these books?"

"You're such a big city girl."

"And?"

Applejack mumbled to herself as she continued to search. Rarity had almost taken every book off the shelf save one. She kept trying to pull it with her magic, but it didn't work.

"Applejack, would you be a doll and grab that book for me?"

"Now why do you need that?"

"I thought I saw Fluttershy's hair in it."

Applejack unwillingly stopped her searching and tried to pull on the book.

"Funny, it won't come down."

She gave it a good yank towards her and the wall came to life. It spun around separating Rarity and Applebloom.

"What in tarn nation? Rarity, can you hear me?"

"Yes, are you alright."

"Just peachy... Of course I'm not alright. Get me out of here!"

"Okay, I'll just go find Twilight and Pinkie Pie..."

"No wait, I'll just find my own way out. There's a door here, I'll meet up with you soon."

Rarity didn't care. She was happily reading her fashion books to herself, glancing up every so now and again to keep an eye on the door.

-------------------------------------

Applejack had wandered in a giant circle and there wasn't a door in sight.

"This is worse than Rarity's obsession with clothing."

Finally Applejack came across a door with an actual room behind it. She tried the door knob.

"Locked... Typical."

She turned around, but as soon as she did, she felt a heavy hit to the back of head...