• Published 25th Feb 2018
  • 4,890 Views, 65 Comments

The Last Hope Of Light - Phoenix-Flame-Feather-24



After one night Sunset's memory is erased completely. Her friends need to try and do whatever they can to help her... but will they have time before it is too late? And the memory stone was broken too right? (Story set after the Forgotten Friendship)

  • ...
3
 65
 4,890

Confused But Not Alone

Drip. Drip. Drip. What's that sound? I opened my eyes to see where that sound was coming from. The bright sunlight blinded my eyes for a few seconds before they adjusted revealing to me a bright large room. I looked around confused, I was in a room with a large window in front of me with rain being the sound I was looking out from. 'Why am I here?' I thought to myself while sitting up on my bed using my... Arms? I was compelled to use that word but I was not sure if it was the right term to use. But why would I think it is not?

Ringing. Where was that sound coming from? I turned my head looking towards a bedside table with a flat black glassy-thing on top of it. It was flashing and it was slightly vibrating. It read 'Pinkie'. That name sounded familiar for some reason but I wasn't sure where I may have seen or heard it before. There was a large green circle displayed on the left of it, saying 'answer'. I reached out my hoof... or hand... or whatever you called it, towards the green circle and tapped it.

"OOOOOOH SUNSET! WE WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU FOR NOT GOING TO SCHOOL FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS!" A loud and overly happy voice called out. It did make me jump at first. I didn't know what I was doing, but I decided to play along, for now, maybe I can get my memory freshened up in some way?

"Oh... yeah um sorry about that"

"Oh don't worry about it and wait are you okay, you sound a bit like not yourself today". Wow, what gave you that idea.

"Oh yeah, I'm good... yeah absolutely fine, haha," I said trying to sound positive, but it didn't quite seem to work, it sounded super unnatural.
"Oki Doki! Anyway, the girls and I are going to check up on you today after school". Oh no. What am I going to do if they show up? What was my name again, did she mention something like Sunrise or Sunset?.... Ok don't panic, you can still say something against this, and work out everything by yourself. Just breath. "So are you okay with that Sunset?" the girl said again startling me from my thoughts.

"Oh yeah um, I guess yeah" Okay, I think my name IS Sunset then?

"Great! We'll see you soon!". The name 'Pinkie' vanished from my weird-glassy-thingy. Did I just agree? Oh no, oh no, OH NO!!! For all, I know these people could be serial killers that are ready to kill me! Although I do suppose that girl 'Pinkie' did seem nice. Or maybe they mistook me for someone else? Oh no I have to say something!

"Pinkie, are you still there... Yeah, actually I CHANGED my mind soo please-don't-come-to-my-house-I-don't-know-who-you-are!" I cried, but no response came back from the black glass that lay on the table. I sighed knowing that I will have to 'face the music' now.

~~~~~~

"Ughrrr! Why is she not picking UP???" Pinkie cried with a slightly irritated voice, while repeatedly dialing Sunset's number.

"We should really check up on her" Rarity said with clear worry.

"Oh, what if something happened to her?" Fluttershy whispered in an unsteady voice.

"Well, duh, Sunset is fine, she literally saved us last week and helped out battle monsters like 24/7! She probs has a cold or something Flutters" said Dash confidently trying her best to comfort Fluttershy.

"I'm sure Sunset is fine, but I agree with Rarity here, she would have at least texted ONE of us by now, so I think checking up on her won't do us any harm" Twilight evaluated.

"Yeah Ah say we should all' go to 'er after school, I think Big Mac can give us a ride" suggested Applejack.

"Guys! I think she's picking up this time!!!" yelled Pinkie in excitement.

"Pinkie, you said that the last 50 times you dialed her" Rainbow said rolling her eyes. And then the phone was actually answered.

"OOOOOOH SUNSET! WE WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU FOR NOT GOING TO SCHOOL FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS!" Pinkie yelled into the speaker of her phone.

"Pinkie, give her a break she probably has a cold, don't also make her deaf" joked Rainbow.

"Oh... yeah um sorry about that," said Sunset replying to Pinkie.

"Oh don't worry about it and wait are you okay, you sound a bit like not yourself today," said Pinkie through the phone, others patiently waiting for Sunset's reply.

"Oh yeah, I'm good... yeah absolutely fine, haha,"

"Oki Doki! Anyway, the girls and I are going to check up on you today after school" Pinkie said. They waited for the reply for a few moments before Pinkie spoke up again. "So are you okay with that Sunset?"

"Oh yeah um, I guess yeah"

"Great! We'll see you soon!" Pinkie said happily then hanging up. Everyone sat there in silence for a few minutes, processing what just happened.

"Yeah, okay something is definitely up" declared Rainbow.

"Maybe, but darling let's not go into conclusion, the poor dear might have been just asleep a minute ago, maybe she was just a little bit sleepy" Rarity suggested politely.

"Yeah, yeah, but I think we need to get to the bottom of things, like literally, she sounded so 'zombie' you know?" Rainbow responded.

"Well okay, she did sound a bit off, I must admit, but it doesn't mean we have to be invading her personal life," Rarity said ignoring the last part of what Rainbow said. The school bell rang signalizing the end of lunch. "I'll see you girls in a bit then," Rarity told them. They all gathered their own things from the music room and packed them quickly to not be late to tutor.

"I'll text all of you when my brother can get us to Sunset's" Applejack quickly added before hurrying off.

~~~~~~

2 hours later

Ding Dong "Sunset open the door it's us!"

Author's Note:

Hopefully, you enjoyed the story so far, it is the first one I'm making. I hope I can get some feedback on the story, and I will try to update it often... If I have the timeπŸ˜… If anyone has any suggestions they may want me to include, feel free to tell me and I'll try to read all and see if I can do any. πŸ˜„