• Published 25th Feb 2018
  • 4,890 Views, 65 Comments

The Last Hope Of Light - Phoenix-Flame-Feather-24



After one night Sunset's memory is erased completely. Her friends need to try and do whatever they can to help her... but will they have time before it is too late? And the memory stone was broken too right? (Story set after the Forgotten Friendship)

  • ...
3
 65
 4,890

A First Hint of Happiness

Author's Note:

WARNING: SAPPY CHAPTER... that's all, if you don't like sappy stories ... ignore this chapter, but if you do, you've come to the right place! :rainbowlaugh::twilightsheepish:

(make sure to comment and like!)

“Umm, Darling, not like I discourage, err, whatever you are doing, but… Why are you under a table?” Asked one of the girls in front of me with pale skin and curly purple hair, awkwardly, looking towards me. I didn’t know what to do. I had nowhere to escape. There were six of them. I can’t do anything against them. My vision started to blur as I noticed my eyes began to water. Great, now I look weak to them.

“Hey sugarcube, no need to get upset,” a girl with a country accent said to me taking a step towards the table causing me to tense up.

“I…” I felt my throat go dry and as if a lump has formed -not letting me speak- as I tried to back away only to feel a leg of a chair behind me. All of them were looking at me. “Ple-ase don’t…-hurt m-e” I choked out feeling weak for not being able to resist the urge to cry, not being strong enough to do so and fight back.

“Why would we ever hurt you?” said another girl with black glasses and tied up purple hair. “What’s wrong Sunset?” she added sliding the chair from under the table, exposing me completely with no barrier to protect me. I would have fought to keep it in place, but I couldn’t find the strength to do so. I kept quiet and waited for what would happen next. I looked down at myself as I realized I was visibly shaking. I closed my eyes waiting for this nightmare to just pass.

I heard someone kneel down in front of me, but I couldn’t bother to look at them straight in the eye. I flinched slightly as I felt the person in front of me put her arms around me; giving me a hug. “We aren’t here to hurt you, tell us what’s wrong Sunset,” she said quietly trying to calm me down. My breath became more steady and I stopped shaking as much as before. These people didn’t seem bad, or scary after all. Should I tell them? Or should I lie? Will they find out if I do?

“I-m fine”

“Sunset, we clearly know that’s a lie. Tell us the truth, we won’t judge you” she said quietly, gently letting go of me and looking straight into my eyes.


“...”


“What if we go and sit down on the couch?” She said standing up awaiting me to do the same and follow her into the living room. I awkwardly shuffled out from underneath the table and started to stand up. But that was quickly interrupted by me getting extremely dizzy nearly falling over as one of the girls catches me.

“Woah woah woah, what was that?” the rainbow-haired girl said rhetorically pulling me up back into a standing position. I averted my eyes not to make eye contact and walked with the girls into the living room, where there in front of us stood a couch of an orangy-browny color. The girl with the glasses pulled me down next to her to sit down and spoke calmly.

“Now Sunset, tell us what’s going on, ” I stared across into the eyes of the other girls in the room and something told me that I could trust them, strangers, or not.

“I…just… you see... who are you?” I said my voice dripping with uncertainty and anxiety as they all stared at me blankly. They exchange a few worried looks between each other, and before any of them could say anything, the rainbow girl quickly grabbed my hand and interrupted them.

“Sunset, this is a joke, right? Haha… ha,” she said trying to make the situation seem better slowly letting go of my hand loosely. Why are they acting like this? Should I really remember them?

“Umm… no, sorry?”

“Oh, no…you really don’t know” the girl with the curly hair commented dropping down only a nearby seat.

“Okay, can you at least say who you are? Please?” I said breaking the silence in the room that was getting really uncomfortable.

“Sunset… we are your friends.” The girl next to me on my left said in a timid voice.

“I’m Twilight Sparkle, this is Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and my dog isn’t here, but his name is Spike.” The girl on my right next to me said introducing all of them to me.

“Oh… How can I trust what you say you are?” I mumbled looking down.

“You can’t, at least not right now”

“Actually, we have plenty of proo-” the all Pink girl - I think her name was Pinkie- started but was silenced by a glare from Twilight.

“But you can let us prove that we are worth the title,” Twilight said with a smile gripping my shoulder, making me visibly flinch. "What do you say?"

"...Sure?" I said looking up at her smiling brightly now after I said so making me give a small smile to her. I was still unsure of these girls, I'll still keep a distance to them, but I will give them a chance.


"OMG, WE NOW NEED A SUNSET-IS-NOW-AGAIN-OUR-FRIEND-PARTY!!!" Pinkie screamed making everyone laugh and me giggle slightly. "AND SHE SMILED NOW TOO!!!" she said making me blush as the smile quickly died down after the quick attention change. I think Twilight noticed as she quickly averted the subject.


"Have you had dinner yet? The girls and I can prepare something here if you want" she suggested.

"Oh umm, yeah I haven't eaten yet, I guess we can have something here" I replied trying to be more friendly to the girls.

"Okay it's settled, Applejack, what about you and the girls go out and buy something and Fluttershy and I will stay here"

"Err sure, anything, in particular, you girls want?" Applejack said in a country accent, which, for some reason did seem familiar.

"What about to 'Hellthy Fryers'? I heard it opened up in town and I am so hyped to go there!" Rainbow Dash suggested, making everyone roll their eyes and go with the idea. And with a few words said, they left, leaving me alone with the two girls. There was silence for a few moments, but it did feel calm and relaxing while it lasted. There was a bit too much unwanted drama for me for today, but life is life.

"Now Sunset, what do you remember?" Twilight said suddenly wrapping her hand around my shoulder. I didn't flinch this time, because I didn't feel threatened, I didn't feel alone. I could go through this... somehow.

"Well so far, all I remember is..."

Comments ( 19 )

Will Wallflower Blush be playing a big role in this story?

Aww she's like a lost puppy! :pinkiesad2:

Thank you for this new chapter :3

Yikes, emotions still raw and probably going to get crispy here.

Rainbooms take such things in stride I suppose.

8927736
Yes, she will, but the story will focus more on Sunset and the rest of the main 6. :twilightsmile:

8928493
No problem, I'm glad you enjoy it so far! :twilightsmile:

Eyy, another chapter!
Honestly, not got much to say, this was just progressing things, but still in a good way. Smoother transition than I expected, but I can't complain. Really looking forward to finding out how much Sunset really knows, and how soon Princess Twilight gets involved.
I just noticed that Discord tag... It's always a good things when there's Discord in an Equestria Girls fic.

8929318
Yep, finally, I had time to come back to this 😂And yep, I hope you will enjoy the story as it progresses. Yeah, I was a bit busy actually because I started to create art, and even put some up for sale, but to do that it, of course, took time - not only to create but to involve with that community. :twilightsmile:

8929441
It's your story, update it at your own rate. Good luck with your art! I tried doing it, and I found I can't draw a rounded line to save my life.
Geting off topic, anyway, take your time writing it. There's nothing wrong with how much your write, but when it's 1,000 words every few months... worth the wait, but ARRRG! It's agonising at times when it does come out!

8929475
Yeah, I get what you mean, I am trying to update sooner, but I am in school so I have to be scheduled with that :rainbowlaugh::twilightsmile: However, whenever I do have time I do some more on this story, even if it is just 1,000 words each chapter. Hopefully, I will have more free time tbh, I do really enjoy writing this!

8929485
YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT SCHOOL?! I'm doing my final exams, and yet I'm here reading about magical ponies turned human!

8929494
I had the end of year exams sooooo :rainbowlaugh: But no seriously, I still do the reading of the stories, but then again I was doing everything related to art and had to focus on this too :rainbowlaugh: But yeah true :twilightsheepish:

8928856
Well, considering her Memory Stone caused this, I would assume Rainbow Dash would blame her/drag her by her ear back to "fix Sunset."

Good story by the way.

8929494
How do you know what there going through it might not only be exams and they don't want to revel it to the public exams are hard anyways so i would really appreciate if you keep your somewhat rude opinions like that to yourself if they want to reveal things they will

8989687
Well, I'm glad you enjoy it! Thank you, and I hope you will equally enjoy the next chapter.:twilightsmile:

8995405
Me too. I want to know what happen.

will continue to update the story

Login or register to comment