• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 348 Views, 9 Comments

The Town Of Salem - Lucy_Marigold



(RE-WRITE NOW AVAILABLE!) Long ago in a town that sat near a forest. When darkness fell upon the town, something devious happened as others lurked around. There were only 15 remaining residents yet death can be lurking around any corner.

  • ...
 9
 348

Night 1

Mai waited till his two other companions slipped into the house as he looked out the window. “About time.” He muttered as the two unicorns entered the room.

“Well it isn’t my fault that Bubbly wanted to stop by her house to get cookies.”

“Mmhf!” The mare said, her mouth full of cookies.

“Shut it you two! Who’s next on our list?” Mai yelled as he sat down impatiently in a chair, the round table in front of him containing scrolls upon scrolls of information on the remaining residents.

“Well, I heard that Misty was claiming to be the Lookout bu-”

“But I thought Goldie is a better target! No one will even notice that she’s gone!”

“Goldie it is.” Mai stated as he crossed out the drawing of the mare on the parchment with a black feathered quill. “Now go and do your jobs!” He shouted at the two before they scrambled through the door.

In the doorway stood Ludwig, her bonnet was gone and so was her apron. “Ludwig. Nice to see you.” Mai muttered under his breath.

“Ja. Anyway, I’ll be back soon, there's something I need to take care of.”

Mai nodded at the mare before she left the building, a slight smile across his face.

Outside, the night air cold and bitter as the mare slowly made her way towards another’s house. A sudden noise made her turn around as she held her breath. A cloaked figure stood behind her, a gleaming knife shining through the cloak. She snarled under her breath as she trotted away. “I don’t have time for you. I’ve got to get somewhere”

When she turned back the figure was gone. Ludwig walked towards a house, the lights were still on. She picked up the black coat she had stashed the morning before. She drapped it across herself as she entered the building. The smell of books, parchment and burnt candles lingered in the air around her. She slowly entered the supposed bedroom of the owner. His gray body moving to the motion of breathing. She carefully lifted the the gas canister she had stashed outside the house. She unscrewed the lid with her magic before she covered the room in the liquid. She then walked into the kitchen and dumped the canister on the floor. She froze as she heard a groan from the other room. She quickly rushed outside and trotted by darkened window, a lit match in her grasp. She tossed it through the open window. The house went up in flame as the mare walked away, a grin across her face

Author's Note:

Well.. That was a nice night. hehe