• Published 9th Jan 2022
  • 1,910 Views, 170 Comments

My Little Pony the Movie 2: Secret of the Magic Pearl - Italibaso



Twilight and her friends head to Mount Aris to celebrate the freedom of the Hippogriffs, but they quickly find out someone's missing as soon as they arrive.

  • ...
3
 170
 1,910

9. The magic pearl's secret revealed

A dark grey aura was glowing around the magic pearl, still laying inside the cave of Black Skull Island. Many hours had passed by since Callidus took a hold of its power and the dark aura glowing around the black skull had only gotten more intense. Eventually the aura formed into a black, menacing looking skull floating above the magic pearl.

''I...shall.....destroy..........'' The skull whispered in a chill inducing demonic voice. The words echoed through the tunnel up ahead.


''Magical fire breath? Wow, I never knew you had it in you.'' Capper said to Spike with a playful smirk, ''See what I did there?''

Spike rolled his eyes, ''This isn't the time for jokes, Capper. We need to find my friends before Queen Novo arrives in Klugetown.''

''Relax, buddy. We've almost reached Verko's home,'' Capper said as he continued leading him and Celaeno through the quiet streets of Klugetown, ''And soon we'll have the help of those two princesses as well, so we ain't got nothing to worry about.''

''And you're absolutely sure that Celestia and Luna will be able to defeat Callidus?'' Captain Celaeno asked Spike.

''I wouldn't say 'absolutely' sure, but right now they're the only ones who might be powerful enough to stand a chance.'' Spike answered.

Luckily every creature living in Klugetown was already gone, knowing that Callidus had called all of them to the middle part of the town. It took them a few minutes, but eventually Capper and the others made it out of an alley. The first thing the tall cat saw when they got out was Verko's home, located a few meters away from them in an open area. It was a big wooden mansion that was at least five times bigger compared to any of the other houses they came across. It was also noticably more clean than the rest of the town. Not a single window was dirty or had any cracks in them. The mansion had one big door at the bottom, which was being guarded by hoofful of small round creatures. They all seemed to have big round eyes and were dressed in small coats, just like the one that was riding Verko's carriage earlier.

''Looks like we're gonna deal with those little guys first.'' Spike explained.

''Leave them to me.'' Captain Celaeno replied.

The pirate bird was about to reach for her sword. But when her claw was trying to grab the handle, all she grabbed was some empty air. Celaeno looked down at her waist and saw the empty sword holder on the side of her waist. She then remebered what happened to her sword back in the cave and groaned to herself.

''Darn it.'' Captain Celaeno said to herself in frustration.

''Capper, you've worked with Verko before,'' Spike mentioned, ''Do you have any idea on how to lure those guys away? We don't have much time.''

As Capper was thinking on how to distract the little creatures away from the mansion, he suddenly remembered something very important.

''Well?'' Spike asked when he saw the surprised expression on Capper's face.

''Fear not, little dragon. I already thought of something.'' Capper said.

''Then let's hear it.'' Spike said eagerly.

''I'll lead those little fellas away from here,'' Capper began to explain, ''Once they're gone, you two will head inside and save those ponies. But don't wait for me to come back.''

''Why not?'' Spike asked in a surprised tone.

''Hear me out,'' Capper mentioned, ''Remember that book I showed you and your friends awhile ago?''

''What book?'' Celaeno asked dumbfounded.

''Oh, right. You weren't there,'' Capper said before he began to explain, ''You see, it's a book about a certain myth on Black Skull Island. It might hold some more information on how to stop Callidus. I need to get that book, in case things don't work out with the princesses.''

''Sounds like a good plan.'' Celaeno replied confidently.

''Then it's settled,'' Capper said with a grin, ''And besides, I don't think the ponies would be very happy to see me again after that stunt I pulled.''

''Hey, don't worry about that,'' Spike reassured Capper, ''I'll just explain to them that you're still on our side and that you were just trying to help. They've forgiven you before, so why not now?''

''Thanks,'' Capper said while showing a little smile, ''Sometimes I forget how nice it can be to have others to rely on.''

Celaeno looked a bit somber for a moment as she thought back to her pirate crew, wondering were they could possibly be.

''Now remember, Verko's office should be somewhere on the ground floor, that's where he'll most likely be keeping your friends. Are you ready?'' Capper explained.

''Ready.'' Spike replied with a confident smile.

''Captain?'' Capper said to Celaeno when he didn't hear a response from her.

''Huh?'' Captain Celaeno said as she snapped out of her thoughts, ''Oh uh, yeah. I'm ready.''

''Good. I'll see you two again at the middle part of town where Callidus is.'' Capper said. He stepped out of the alley and started sneaking to the giant mansion.

Celaeno and Spike stayed in the alley and watched from afar as Capper walked up to the main entrance of the mansion. The tall cat stopped in front of the small creatures guarding the door in the middle. He soon seemed to be getting into a conversation with them. Spike and Celaeno couldn't quite make out what he was saying to them, but whatever it was, it seemed to make the small creatures angrier the longer he kept talking. Suddenly Capper started running away from the small creatures, who immediately gave chase to the fleeing feline and left main entrance completely unguarded.

''What do you think he said to them?'' Spike asked Celaeno curiously.

''Beats me,'' Celaeno replied with a shrug, ''Let's just enter the mansion before they come back.'' She started running towards the mansion along with Spike.


With almost every creature in Klugetown being absent, Capper was able to make it to his home with ease. Once inside the house, he quickly went for the shelf in the back and found the book he was looking for in ten seconds flat. The tall cat quickly opened the piece of literature and searched through the pages until he found the part he was looking for.

''Turn creatures of six kinds into stone, and the path to power shall be free,'' Capper read to himself, ''But don't lose control, or else all life will cease to be. Should thou lose control, then the magic pearl is the only key. Once touched by a pure and kind soul, then peace and harmony shall return to the world as is meant to be.''

Cappe kept flipping through the pages of the book to see what else was written in it, hoping to find something else that could explain Callidus's new found powers. One thing the book mentioned was something about an evil spirit so powerful and dangerous that it was imprisoned inside a magic pearl. Capper looked shocked, instantly knowing which pearl it was talking about and kept on reading. He read that the pearl was hidden and turned to stone on Black Skull Island by an unknown creature in order to keep it away from the world. Capper could not put the book down and kept going until he finally reached a sentence that shocked him to the bone.

''It is said that this evil spirit can corrupt any creature who will keep using the pearl's powers,'' Capper continued reading to himself as the suspense kept on building inside him, ''Should they abuse it for too long and not stop, than the spirit will take them over in a matter of hours. The longer it will, the more dangerous and-''

The last sentence sent shivers down Capper's spine out of fear and was too horrifying to finish. If what was written in the book really were to happen, the fate of the entire world will be in grave danger.

''I have to hurry!'' Capper said out loud to himself. He closed the book, carried it with him and pushed the front door open. He then ran out of his house a state of panic.


Callidus saw the last few creatures of Klugetown joining the crowd in front of the stage. Realizing that every creature had gathered, he moved around the giant crowd and made his way up the stage via the stairs on the left side. The grey bird positioned himself in the middle of the stage and looked down upon his citizens.

''Where are those ponies?!'' One of the creatures in the crowd asked out loud.

Callidus calmly raised his claw, ''Rest assured, my dear citizens,'' He said in a calm and collected manner, ''Those ponies have been captured for their crimes here in Klugetown. And in a few minutes, the true culprit of this town's demise all those days ago will arrive. And everything shall be restored back to its former glory!''

Every creature started cheering and applauded after hearing Callidus's speech. The grey bird enjoyed every moment of it and couldn't wait for Queen Novo's arrival.

Many minutes passed and there was still no sign of either the hippogriff queen or Tempest Shadow. Callidus's patience had reached his limit when he started noticing the looks of doubt and uncertainty from the crowd.

''Looks like you've made your choice.'' Callidus said to himself.

The confident looking grey bird snapped his fingers, using his powers to teleport and trap Princess Skystar in the guillotine. The small hippogriff looked around in confusion and fear, having never seen a guillotine before in her entire life.

''Sorry, little princess,'' Callidus said to the fearful looking Skystar, ''But it seems that your 'precious' mother doesn't care enough about you to-''

''STOP!!''

Callidus, Skystar and all the creatures in front of the stage immediately looked up to their left. In the sky they saw a giant white hippogriff descending down to the ground. On her back was a purple unicorn with half of her horn broken off.

''Mother!!'' Skystar cried out.

''Finally.'' Callidus said to himself with a menacing grin.

Queen Novo landed close to the stage as Tempest jumped off her back. Both of them stared at Callidus in anger.

''I did what I promised. Now let Princess Skystar go!'' Tempest exclaimed.

The creatures all looked at Tempest in disgust, still remebering who she used to work with and what she had done. The purple unicorn wanted to rebel, but she knew what was at stake and decided to stay calm for the sake of Princess Skystar.

''Now now, no need to haste ourselves,'' Callidus said calmly, ''Queen Novo and I have some unfinished business to take care of first.''

''I'm not gonna tell you anything until you let my daughter go, you monster!'' Queen Novo replied.

''I would drop that attitude of yours if I were you,'' Callidus said confidenly as he raised his left claw, looking like he was about to snap his fingers, ''I will release her, but only if you do one little thing for me. Should you refuse, then one snap with my fingers is all it will take to drop that blade on your daughter's neck.''

Queen Novo's eyes were still filled with anger. That is until she looked over at Skystar and saw the fear in her eyes. The rage in the queen's eyes quickly vanished and looked back at Callidus with an expression of desperation.

''I'll promise to do whatever you want,'' Queen Novo begged, ''Just please, let Skystar go. None of this is on her and you know it.''

''That's more like it,'' Callidus said while showing a sinister smile, ''Now get up here, nice and slow.''

Queen Novo took a deep breath and walked up to the wooden stage with a stern look on her face. As Callidus watched the hippogriff approaching the steps, he suddenly looked over at Tempest when he noticed the purple unicorn charging up her broken horn. The grey bird acted quickly and shot a small beam with his claw towards the purple unicorn. The beam circled around Tempest for a moment before spreading out and locking itself around her horn, mouth and hooves, keeping her in place.

''Just in case you thought of trying to interfere!'' Callidus explained to the purple unicorn.

Queen Novo set hoof on the stage and slowly walked up to Callidus. But all her eyes could focus on was Princess Skystar. Never before had she seen her own daughter so scared. She wanted nothing more than to free her from that guillotine.

''Don't misunderstand me, Novo,'' Callidus said to the tall hippogriff, ''I never wanted it to come to this, I truly didn't. But after all the lies you spread to my citizens about me and everything I had to go through because of you, I was left with no choice.''

Queen Novo eventually stopped right in front of Callidus, ''Get to it.'' She responded in a calm, but still somewhat cold manner.

''First, why don't you start by telling everyone here what REALLY happened all those days ago on Mount Aris?'' Callidus said as his face started to look angrier, ''When I, a mayor in desperate need, came to you for help. And how you decided to falsely accuse me of helping the Storm King with NO evidence whatsoever?!!''

The creatures in front of the stage gasped in unison and started whispering amongst each other. They all started talking over each other about the sudden revelation.

''Silence!'' Callidus commanded to the creatures. His voice sounded distorted while his eyes glowed yellow for a second. Every creature silenced themselves instantly.

Queen Novo thought back to that day, a day that she had never forgotten about for the rest of her life. Looking back to that moment, she eventually started to see the truth. Her ignorance, the unwillingness to even want to hear the other side of the story. It was just like what once happened with Twilight Sparkle, and what most likely let her to try and steal the pearl all those days ago. Queen Novo slowly started to realize what had to be done. For the first time in her life, she knew that she had to stop being in denial and face her mistake head on.

''Well, go on. Tell them,'' Callidus said to Queen Novo in an impatient manner, ''Unless your precious daughter's life is not important to you, of course.''

Queen Novo gave Callidus a furious look before taking a deep breath. She then looked down at the crowd of creatures and started her speech.

''Many days ago,'' Queen Novo said, talking in a calm manner, ''Callidus showed up at our kingdom on Mount Aris, weak and wounded. I decided to take him in and heal his wounds.''

''And then?'' Callidus said in a demanding tone.

''Then the Storm King showed up and he attacked our home,'' Queen Novo continued, ''He said that Callidus had led him to our kingdom. I chose to believe him, thinking that he and Callidus were both working together.''

Every creature in the crowd started berating Queen Novo while she continued her speech. A little smile appeared on Callidus's face. He couldn't get enough of seeing the creatures from Klugetown finally showing resentment towards Queen Novo. It was like a dream come true.

''And why did you think that?'' Callidus asked calmly while maintaining is little smile.

''Because.....I was afraid to trust other creatures,'' Queen Novo continued, ''It's how I was raised. And that's why I choice to do what I did, I thought that I was protecting my kind. But now, I finally see how foolish I've been, trying to convince myself that we could not trust any kind of creature besides our own.''

Callidus looked a bit suprised while listening to Queen Novo's words of regret, ''Go on.''

''I could see in your eyes that you needed help,'' Queen Novo continued while holding back her tears, ''But when the Storm King showed up, my fear of trusting others came back to me. I became close minded, stubborn and ignorant.''

All the rage and anger coming from the crowd slowly started to disappear as Queen Novo continued to confess.

''Good. Now then, time to-''

''But today, I'd like for that to change,'' Queen Novo continued, interrupting Callidus, ''I want to take back everything I've ever done to you, Callidus. As well as everyone else I've turned my back on in the past.''

''Right. But I'm afraid that-''

''I want to move on from who I used to be,'' Queen Novo said, interrupting Callidus a second time, much to his annoyance, ''Me and everygriff on Mount Aris will make amends with every one of you. I will help you rebuild this place back to what it used to be.''

The crowd of creatures started to show faces of curiousity. They all took in what Queen Novo had said and soon some creatures started smiling. Others even started cheering a bit. Queen Novo looked over at Princess Skystar, who showed a genuine and heartfelt smile on her face after having listened to her mother's speech.

Callidus couldn't believe what he was happening, seeing his own citizens admiring Queen Novo instead of him. He started grinding his teeth while growling quietly to himself. One of his claws started glowing a bit.

''We shall build a brighter future for you all!'' Queen Novo announced proudly, ''Because a true queen puts the well being of others before her ow-''

Suddenly Queen Novo stopped mid sentence and let out a loud shriek of pain.

Princess Skystar saw what was happening, but refused to believe that it was real. No way would something like this ever happen right in front of her. She was forced to watch the long, sharp laser piercing right through her own mother's body. The pupils in her eyes slowly faded away as her eye lids closed. Her legs went limp soon after before her body hit the ground.

''MOTHER!!!'' Skystar cried out loud. The hippogriff tried to use every ounce of her strentgh to break free from the guillotine.

The creatures all gasped in shock. Tempest also saw what had happened and couldn't hold it back anymore. She grinded her teeth, angrily and furiously trying to fight against the magic that was keeping her in place. But none of it seemed to have any effect.

''Sorry, your highness,'' Callidus said coldly as he walked over to Queen Novo's body, ''But I'm afraid your purpose here has been fulfilled.''

The crowd watched on, still looking shocked at what Callidus just did. The grey bird no longer pay any attention to them as he stopped right above Queen Novo's motionless body. He aimed his claw at her as a menacing glowing orb appeared between his fingers.

''Please, don't do this!'' Skystar begged.

''Farewell....'' Callidus said to himsel.

Suddenly a rainbow stream appeared out of nowhere and headed straight towards Callidus. Before he had the chance to turn around, the rainbow stream hit the grey bird right in the back. He flew off into the distance at great speed before his body smashed right through a wooden house. The impact caused the whole architecture to fall apart in a matter of seconds.

Every creature's attention along with Skystar's quickly turned to the rainbow stream, which soon revealed itself to be a light blue pegasus with a rainbow mane.

''How's that, bird brain?!'' The rainbow maned pegasus shouted to Callidus.

''Rainbow Dash!'' Skystar exclaimed while looking surprised.

A few seconds later, four other ponies and a bird dressed as a pirate also showed up. All of them immediately rushed to the stage when they saw the unconcious body of a tall hippogriff.

''Oh no.'' Fluttershy said when she noticed the wound on the side of Queen Novo's body.

Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Spike and Captain Celaeno went to check on Queen Novo's body. Pinkie Pie ran past them as her attention was on the trapped Princess Skystar. The pink pony pulled a crowbar out of her mane and used it to break Skystar free from the guillotine.

''Pinkie Pie!'' Skystar said. The first thing she did was give the pink pony the tightest hug she's ever given anyone in her entire life.

''Is she...'' Spike said as he looked at Queen Novo's wound.

Captain Celaeno took a closer look and began to notice Queen Novo's steady breathing, ''She's still alive. But the wound looks pretty severe. We're gonna need something to heal her, and fast.''

Before any of them could think of a solution, a loud explosion could be heard from the big rubble of the house Callidus was buried under, leaving behind a cloud of smoke as pieces of wood and shards of glass scattered all over the place. Everyone looked over to where the explosion came from. Within a few seconds, the smoke disappeared and revealed a furious and threatning looking Callidus, his blue coat torn open and filthy. Every part of his eyes was glowing with a menacing yellow light. He growled while grinding his teeth together.

''I should have known Verko couldn't keep the likes of you occupied for even an hour.'' Callidus said in a slightly deep and demonic sounding voice

''He may wear a luxury suit, but the guy's got no grace when it comes to fighting I'm afraid!'' Captain Celaeno remarked.

In response, Callidus raised his claw out and immediately trapped the ponies, Skystar, Spike and Captain Celaeno inside grey magic bubbles once again. The intense yellow glow in Callidus's eyes soon disappeaered, along with the threatning look on his face. He shook his head a bit before looking slightly confused, feeling a bit dizzy for some reason. The grey bird decided to ignore it and teleported himself on the stage, where Queen Novo was still laying unconcious and his newly captured victims were floating above inside the bubbles. His blue coat had magically been restored after his teleportation.

All Skystar could focus on was her own mother's body laying on the stage. She tried to convince herself that it was all just a dream, a nightmare that she would soon wake up from.

''I'll deal with you all later. But first,'' Callidus said before looking back at the crowd, ''I think it's time for us to bring this town back to its former glory. A place where I rule, where I make the decisions.''

Instead of the uproaring applause that Callidus expected, the creatures in the crowd looked unsure and stayed mostly quiet. Their attention was mostly on Queen Novo's unconcious body and the creatures inside the bubbles floating above the stage.

''What is the matter with you?'' Callidus asked them in an threatning manner, ''These ponies and hippogriffs are our enemies! Everything in Klugetown was ruined because of them!''

The creatures were too afraid to respond and instead remained silent, becoming more and more doubtful of Callidus. The grey bird groaned in frustration as his eyes glowed yellow for a second again. He then turned his attention back to the unconcious Queen Novo.

''Useless idiots,'' Callidus said to himself before he walked up to the hippogriff's body, ''No more stalling. Time to finish you, once and for all!'' He raised his claw and got ready to finish the job.

''STOP RIGHT THERE!!''

Every creature in the crowd reacted surprised at what sounded like two booming voices coming out of nowhere. They turned to their right where the voices were coming from.

Callidus groaned again, ''Now what?!'' He turned around and could not believe his eyes.

Skystar, Captain Celaeno, Tempest and the others trapped inside their bubbles all had the same surprised expressions on their faces when they saw the three alicorns a few meters in the distance. One was tall and white with a rainbow flowing mane, the second one was dark blue with a long flowing mane that looked like the night sky. And finally between them was the third one, who was purple and a lot smaller compared to the other two.

''That's not possible!'' Callidus said when he took notice of Twilight Sparkle.

''Now, sister!'' Luna said to Celestia. Both of their horns started glowing at the same time.

Before Callidus realized what they were doing, four magical rings appeared around him and tightened themselves around his four limbs. The grey bird tried using his powers to break free, but it was as if the rings were restraining his magic somehow. The magical rings hovered Callidus into the air as he kept struggling. Twilight noticed Queen Novo's body and immediately flew to the stage to check on her. After trapping Callidus, Celestia and Luna fired a series of magic lasers at the bubbles hovering above the stage. The magic engulfed the bubbles and freed Twilight's friends, Skystar and Celaeno. The small hippogriff quickly went over to Twilight and Queen Novo's body.

''What happened?!'' Twilight asked Skystar worriedly.

''Callidus did this.'' Skystar replied, not taking her teary eyes off Queen Novo's body.

"Callidus?!'' Twilight repeated before looking up at the trapped grey bird.

Celestia and luna soon joined them and saw the severe wound on Queen Novo's body.

''Don't worry, Twilight. My sister and I can heal her. But it might take a while.'' Celestia explained reasurringly.

''Let's hurry, she might not have much time.'' Luna said.

The two tall alicorns both closed their eyes as their horns started to glow. A magic aura appeared on Queen Novo's wound and slowly began to heal itself. Skystar stood up and backed away a little while looking at her mother's wound being healed.

Meanwhile, Twilight noticed a trapped Tempest a few meters away from the stage. She quickly flew over to her and used her magic to free the purple unicorn.

''You're alive.'' Tempest said with a relieved smile before giving twilight a small hug.

''Why can't you understand, Twilight Sparkle?!'' Callidus said, still attempting to break free from the rings with no success, ''Everything that happend to this town, every creature here that had to suffer at the wrath of the Storm King. All of that is on her and Queen Novo!''

Twilight looked back at Callidus, ''But that's not who they are anymore!'' She began to explain while looking furious, ''I know they've both made mistakes, including myself. But it's all in the past now! You have to stop looking back and learn to look at what's ahead!''

''Have you forgotten what Queen Novo did to you?! How she refused to offer you help when you needed it the most?!'' Callidus asked the purple alicorn in disgust, "How could you still feel sympathy for that monster after that?"

"She's not a monster, Callidus,'' Twilight replied back, ''You are!"

''I am the reason this town exist!'' Callidus retaliated, ''I brought all these creatures together, I gave this town peace and harmony! They're all worthless without me!''

The entire crowd gasped in shock. They couldn't believe what they just heard their once honorable mayor say about them. A few of them started to look angry, shouting in disgust and scolding the creature they once used to look up to.

''How dare you call us worthless?!''

''You don't deserve to be our mayor!''

''Queen Novo was right about you!''

Something inside Callidus snapped as soon as he heard that sentence being uttered.

''SILEEEEENCE!!'' Callidus shouted against the angry mob.

His booming sounding voice echoed through Klugetown, his menacing glowing eyes staring down at the crowd. Everyone stopped talking and watched in fear the moment they saw the intense glare in Callidus's eyes.

Suddenly Capper appeared out of an alley, still carrying the book with him in his left arm. It didn't take long for him to see Callidus hovering in the air, his arms and legs trapped by the magical rings. The tall cat looked frightened when he saw the anger in his yellow glowing eyes.

''Callidus!'' Capper shouted.

Callidus's attention immediately went to Capper, ''You again?!'' He said, talking with a distortion in his voice as his eyes were still glowing menacingly.

''Callidus, listen to me!'' Capper quickly said, ''This power you possess right now is dangerous! If you keep using it, an evil spirit inside the magic pearl will take you over and destroy the world!''

''I'm not falling for your lies again, you miserable little creature!'' Callidus retaliated.

''It says so in this book! This has to stop now!'' Capper continued in desperation.

Instead of giving a response, a dark yellow aura started glowing around Callidus's body with such intense pressure that it caused everything around him to shake widely.

''If you will not bow before a mayor.....'' Callidus whispered in a chill inducing demonic voice.

It all happened so fast. Celestia and Luna had just finished healing Queen Novo's wound before they looked up at the menacing looking Callidus. Captain Celaeno, Twilight and her friends were still trying to process what Capper was talking about and had no time to decide their next course of action. Skystar's attention was still on Queen Novo's who seemed to be slowy regaining her consciousness, much to her relief. She ran over to her mother and was about to give the hippogriff queen the biggest hug of her life, but was quickly distracted when she noticed every creature's attention pointed at the sky. When everyone was looking up, they saw a large black beam coming down towards them.

''.....Then you shall cower before one.'' Callidus finshed in the same chill inducing voice.

The black beam struck down right on Callidus and freed him from his magic rings. A giant wave of magic emerged from him that nearly blew away every creature around him. Callidus crashed down on the stage, obliterating it in an instant. The dark beam started circling around him, going faster and faster with each passing second. Dark holes appeared in Callidus's eyes. A horrifying sounding screech came out of his mouth as a dark magical wave began to spread itself around all over Klugetown.