• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 492 Views, 2 Comments

Big Mac's Carnival Ride - CrimsonRose97



Big Mac must save the CMC before they belong to Carnival Cat.

  • ...
 2
 492

Chapter 2

Big Mac ran back to his bedroom and slams the door closed. His heart pumped violently in his chest. The rush of fear and anxiety filling his body. Taking his saddle bag off, he threw it across the room.

That gun, there was no mistaking it, it was his father's. That gun had been missing for many years and yet here it is. Now in his room.

Why did it suddenly shown up, why now?

"Big Mac?" Apple Bloom then calls out from the otherside of the door. "Are you alright?"

No, I'm no alright, Big Mac thought, shaking his head.

"You do realize that I can't see if you are or not okay through the door?" Apple bloom said. "Okay, knock once for yes, twice for no. Are you okay?" She asked again.

Tap tap.

"Can you talk about it?" Apple Bloom then asked.

Tap tap, he knocks on the door.

"Oh..okay." Apple Bloom said. "If there's anything you need, anything you want to talk about, I'm right here." She says before trotting away.

Big Mac slunk to the floor with a shudder. He can't tell any pony, especially to his baby sister.

I can't tell anyone sis... No pony can't know of this. Especially to you. I'm so sorry, Bloom. Big Mac choked up on his mental words and his mind goes back to that night.


Young Big Mac stray from his parents and followed the sound of carnaval music. Though against his better judgement and be with his folks, this music was hypnotic. Eagerly wanting to explore, the young colt followed the music.

The music grew louder and louder with each feet Mac makes. Tracking the music till he found the source.

It wasn't what he was expected. It was a carnival, but it was abandoned. The shacks and booths were covered in vines, nature had taken it's place back, interwining with the large iron bars. Roots and tiny trees engulfing the rides this place had. It was super creepy. Big Mac wanted to turn back but the music was still playing. The child was curious.

"Why is music still playing in this dump?" He asked himself as he stood at the gate.

Something inside of him was telling him to turn tail and run the other direction. Find his ma and pa and go back home. He knows what happened to the cat who got too curious for their own good. Though, if were to turn around and his little sister finds out, he'll never hear the end of it. Mustering up the courage, the colt ventures through the iron arch and takes off down the desolate carnival.

When he got pass a ticket booth on the way in, that's when the growling starts. Big Mac froze in place when the disembodied growl rang in his ears. Daring to look, Mac looked over his shoulders. At first glance, it was just a rundown booth. the shingles broken wooden splinter and the open window made it look like a mouth with jagged teeth. The torn holes above the window looked like hollowed out eyes.

Mac chuckles nervously. "It's just a booth Big Mac," he told himself. "Don't let yer..." Two tiny yellow lights emerged from the holes. "...imagination..." The window slowly closed like an actual mouth and the creature growled again. Mac's ears drooped down as the roots broke off from the ground on either side and support itself and pushed the booth up like hands.

It let out a monsterous roar. Mac screams and runs off down the path way. The booth starts chasing him, chomping at his tail each time it got close enough.

"Nnope, nnope, nnope, nnope!" Big Mac shouts repeatedly over and over as his hooves kicked the dirt.

The beast's claws made a swipe towards the colt. Snipping off mere inches from Mac's mane. "Hiegah!" Mac made a strange cry but kept on running.

Hurling over a fallen debris, the booth creature bust through it; hopping through some stands and out the back door through a gap, the creature runs through the walls like nothing was there. Without failing, the creature chased Mac.

Mac was running out of ideas. He didn't want to get eaten but he has no idea how to get out of this mess. His limbs were getting tired, running out of breath, adrenilin faulting. He was in a pickle, he hates pickles.

"Whew! this is a work out love!" Mac let out a shout and turned his head as he ran and saw this newcomer running beside him. A mare with strange red eyes. Her accent was strange to him. "You better keep up or else you gonna get eaten! Yippy!" She cackled. Sounded like nails going along a chalkboard.

Mac hauls ass. Wanting to get the heck out of the crazy place.

"Run, run, run little pony, don't stop!" The crazy mare laughs as she followed right beside him, running literally backwards. "It's gonna getcha!"

What was with this mare?! Big Mac didn't want to stop and ask her when the creature nipped on his tush. Mac cried and ran faster.

He ran and ran until his hoof tripped on a root, sending him rolling across the ground till he stopped against a tree. Seeing stars for a second till he saw the booth beast running towards him, looking much scarier upside down than upright.

Mac moved himself right up but he was cornered. This was it, he was gonna get eatened!

"Throw it a bit!" Looking up, Mac saw the crazy mare sprawled out on a treebranch above him. "Hurry up now, quickly!"

Bit? Why would he do that? That's insane! She's insane!

"Don't look so crazy, kid, throw it a bit and you won't get eaten! Hurry up!" She shouts at him.

It was worth a shot.

Big Mac dug into his saddle bag, picking up a bit with his hoof before throwing it right in front of the creature.

The booth made a screeching hault at the bit. With it's curtain-like tongue, it licks the bit, as if it was checking for realisum before licking it up, taking the bit inside of itself before it turned turned around and walks off at the other direction.


"Big Mac, supper's ready!" Granny's voice broke through Mac's ride down to memory town.

Mac shuddered, rubbing his face with his hooves and groan. She's not here... she's gone...that place isn't back... it's not he told himself before collecting himself, taking a deep breath, Mac opens the door and walked out of his room and met up with the rest of his family.