• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 1,544 Views, 61 Comments

Where Rock meets Earth - Sipioc



Through the centuries, two ponies are brought together. Applejack x Rockhoof

  • ...
3
 61
 1,544

The Road ends at Home

That kiss.

By the eight shoes of Sliepnir; that kiss.

The sun further wanes. Celestia readies to end her glorious day for her midnight sister to take the reigns of heaven. A good day it was.

The ache in my shoulders, breathes easier when the yoke is removed. With a shake, I can feel the day’s work upon me. An ache of good work fulfilled.

As I have said; not a bad life for an earth stallion. My times with the Pillars continued on for a few more quests, often our paths crossing with the Elements, and of course; sweet Honesty.

Our meetings grew more frequent as our bond grew stronger. Till one day, the road of valor and adventure seemed to have outstretched me, and instead I found myself yearning for the quiet life. In a small town, where there would be work to be done, and where somepony waited for me.

It took more courage than I expected, far more than what it took to face the Fear Phantoms off the Horseshoe coast, or even facing the Rogue Dragon horde of Persephone isles. No. My demon was myself and my doubts. Our past endeavors strengthened our connections, or unintended night of bliss in one another’s embrace forged a spark, but to speak plainly? To tell her how I felt. How she made me feel like a was but a skinny whelp again, trembling in her presence.

Friendship was scale of tipping, or treachery.

An evening reunion at the Crystal Castle of Friendship was the place it happened. The Pillars and I came to meet with the Princess of Magic and her Elements about a matter of utmost importance. My enthusiasm was contained, but not enough fool the others as I caught them smirking at me, and my supposedly ‘chipper’ trot to the throne room.

The Pillars came from one end just as the Elements came from another. Applejack the Honest was walking proudly with her friends. The most endearing blush cut through those sun kissed cheeks when our eyes met.

It took a moment to recover from my own fluster, but through the haze I found the Crystal table to be set with dinner. Not unusual, the road was long a good meal with friends was welcome. What proved vexing at that moment was the placement. Set only for two, complete with candles. Odder still was how alone I suddenly felt on my side of the room.

Turning back I was privy to a slew of winks and ‘kissy faces’ from my insidious comrades before the doors magically sealed me in. Treachery abounds it seemed, Honesty too was usurped by her own fellowship; complete with jibes.

My co-victim in this sprung trap was none to pleased at being ‘hoodwinked’. The mare of the house Apple has a pair of lungs on her, let me tell you. I’ve heard valkyries bellow war cries into battle against the hordes of the Darklands, that pale in color and volume of what was said. Who knew many of them were the progeny of snakes and skunks?

Jesting aside. We found ourselves in forced proximity and solitude with one another for the evening. With some begrudged hesitation we sat down to our meal and basked in each other’s company.

It weren’t long before we shared old stories, but not of adventure or deeds done, but stories of ourselves, our true selves. Though a mare of family and homestead, she yearned to sail open the sea again, to explore even further past the shores to the open waters and the lands beyond.

It brought to mind my old langskip, the great boat of the Helm I built from the oaks near the Anijor forest. It saddened me to think that it had no doubt been given away in my absence or worse, rotted away to mulch.

It was sweet Honesty who put the pieces together and made an offer. She had the trees, I had the knowhow. A boat, new and pristine made from the great applewood of her livelihood. It would be altogether fitting in her eyes, until she looked sullen. Figuring I would be too busy on my adventures with my companions.

No better segway was to be had, using it to its fullest I admitted I was ready to be done wandering, ready to focus on other things, not unlike ship building, or...farming perhaps. I admit I may have been a bit forward with that remark, but her speckled cheeks seemed to only glow in response to it.

It was she who opened her door to me. Taking in a poor wanderer such as myself. At first it was just that. A room in exchange for services.

Dare not impugn my honor with insinuation of impure acts! For true the work was honest.

Plowing.

Applebucking.

Seeding.

Sweet Yggdrasil, I impugn myself!

I nearly broke the handle on the well pump as I bring my hoof down upon it, cooling my burning face.

Let it be known, that proprietary held the day...for a time. But it wasn’t long before I went from resting my head in a guest bed to the prospect of sharing one with her in the homestead of her forebears.

Ever the mare of honor, she insisted marriage first, to which I obliged. A rather unique switch on tradition even for my time, but from the start it was her fire that ensnared me.

Preparations were made for our union. A simple ceremony, presided by the Pillars and the Elements together, in the hallowed orchard she loved so dear, under the very shade of the tree her own mother and father pledged there love.

On that day I too pledge my own love and faithfulness for her, and she to me. Mine eyes, utterly lost in those eyes of emerald in the moonlight.