• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 1,534 Views, 61 Comments

Where Rock meets Earth - Sipioc



Through the centuries, two ponies are brought together. Applejack x Rockhoof

  • ...
3
 61
 1,534

Happy Trails

Waking up with a headache and a sick stomach ain’t enough to stop me. Too much work to be done. Too many ponies counting on me.

I’d sooner hang up my hat then let folk think Applejack was a belly acher. Besides, once I got going, and out into that crisp air, I was right at rain.

Usual chores to be done: The pigs needed sloppin’, the milk was being sent off to the dairy now. Regular wear and tear around the farm? Refreshed and mended. That left me with a bit of breathing room. Not much. But enough to kick up my heels and take a jonce about the homestead.

Like an old friend, the orchard was calling to me. Long rows of trees stand tall and strong, their roots holding deep to the earth to reap a great bounty come the falling of the leaves.

Quiet moments like this is what gets me out of bed. What gets me out of bed every morning. A familiar flutter in my stomach reminds me that those times may be numbered.

With Macintosh off to start his own orchard, and likewise his own family out east, the burden of the farm felt heavier on me. Applebloom was practically a mare now and though she would stay on if I asked her, I would much rather she explore and come to her own conclusion on what she wanted. Be it here, or out in the wide world.

There was always Granny and Grand Pear, but each season brought them more aches and a few more pains that kept them out of the fields, though they would be too stubborn to admit it. To me or to each other.

So that left me. Yet, despite the farm being in the midst of a great shift, I still felt at peace. The work that was to be done, got done. The wolf was seldom at the door (that’s the bank I’m referring to) and the perils of the Everfree still held back (actual wolves and then some.)

It probably had a large part to do with that very night and what came the morning after.

Hah! I woke up at the crack of dawn that morning, head splitting, yet ready to mosey. Yet, when the night came back to me...

Pa had always told fanciful stories of Rockhoof the Strong since I was old enough for pigtails, and you bet your biscuits I’ll pass them on. But imagine actually getting to meet the legend himself?

Now imagine waking up with him in your bed, with his arms around you.

The party. The contest (that I won). Then...the ‘after party’. Poor colt didn’t stand a chance against my sturdy pallet, must of invited him back to look after him, only to ‘look after him’ in the process.

I remember just laying there, feeling his body all around me. I have never now, nor ever been the kind of gal who needed to be cuddled, though I am more than happy to give it out to a friend or family in need. But this feeling, the warmth of his body, the steady breathing, the smell of him. A mare could get used to that.

Didn’t have much time to dwell on it as he began to stir. It was then that a twinge of panic began to set in. I mean, what does one say to a friend in this situation?

I think I may have settled for a ‘Howdy’ come to think of it. His reaction weren’t much better, ‘zounds’ or something.

The old boy, was ever the gentle colt as a filly would hope, but was redder than a Gala all the way to his ears.

We spoke about what happened. Mended fences, agreeing that things were still ‘okay’ between us and neither of us shared any less respect for one another for our transgressions.

Hadn’t tried to sneak a stallion out of the house since I was sixteen, and now I had do so with one the size of two combined. To his credit, Rock was light on his hooves. Made it all the way to the porch before getting caught. Granny had been ‘waitin’ fer the paper’ but that smug grin on her face told a different story.

Chores were a breeze that morning. I was only a little sore...from the cider...mostly the cider.

Ahem.

Anyhow; the girls and I were gonna see the Pillars off before they hit the road again and I didnt want to be late.

Walking into Twi’s castle, I took my place at the map. From across the way, Dash didn’t resist smirking at me for what happened, even caught Shy giggling a bit at my expense. My hat proved an adequate tool for avoiding their gaze. Pinkie on the other hoof, had this odd compulsion of stacking a rock on top of an apple and giving me weird looks. Must be a rock farmer thing, I reckoned.

Mercifully, the Pillars were ready to move out again by eight that morning. Good old Ponyville, just as friendly in its welcoming was just as kind enough to see them off to. Following Twilight’s lead we too said our goodbyes.

When it came time though? Shoot. I just didn’t want Rockhoof to leave. I kept it to myself, gave him a hoof bump, and wished him-all of them, happy trails.

That should of been enough.

But it weren’t.

Not a stone's throw away later did I let my hooves take over. Walked right up to him, pulled him down to me, and kissed him full on the lips.

“Hoo-weeee.” Is all I will say about that. Old boy, looked shocked for a moment before he smiled and pulled me into a kiss of his own.

World stood still for bit. After finally pulling ourselves apart, and I gave him a playful smack to the mark, I was ready to send him off. Of course I then had to face a gaggle of slack jawed friends, a Dragon, and a town to own up for what I just did.

Kept my head high, I tell you what, giving them nothing more than a tip of the hat as I sauntered back into town.

Author's Note:

:ajsmug: