• Published 27th Mar 2018
  • 1,104 Views, 44 Comments

A Summer Trip to London - Hourglass



The Mane 7 and the rest of the gang from Canterlot High are going on a summer trip to London UK for two weeks!

  • ...
9
 44
 1,104

Chapter 7: Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abby

The next morning at 9:45 everyone had awakened from the good night's rest and had all gotten ready as they should. Now most of the groups were downstairs in the hotel's breakfast lounge eating an assortment of cereal, waffles, pancakes, and some British breakfast food.

Rainbow Dash and Twilight were talking about their favorite parts on the trip out yesterday. "All things considered, I think that the best part of the whole trip was being able to fly in second class on board that jumbo jet across the Atlantic Twilight. What was your favorite part of the trip coming here?"

Twilight replied. "My favorite was being able to walk around Terminal 4 at JFK Airport during our layover in New York. I could see all sorts of shops and restaurants like Shop of Styles, Times Square Gifts, and New York Gifts."

Rainbow Dash realized that. "Say, that's right. Applejack and I did some looking around at those shops too, we even bought 'I love NY' sweaters."

"That's good Rainbow. I didn't know you had such a liking for New York." Twilight found out.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Well, I do like the New York Yankees and the Madison Square Garden."

At that time most of the groups were finished and headed over to meet Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna for their briefing of the day's activities. They were going to visit two famous UK landmarks that had been around since the medieval times that were located just on the other side of the Thames River from the hotel. Once they had all assembled, Principal Celestia started speaking again.

"We are all about to go to our first two attractions that we will see while we visit London. They are the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abby, now here are the rules: We do not want anyone wandering off (I'm talking to you both Snips and Snails). We will not be using the Underground since the two attractions are just across the river from here and they are literally across the street from each other. And we want everyone to be on their best behavior. My sister will explain the rest."

Luna started speaking thereafter. "We will be spliting into two groups, remember who you are with. One group will be lead by my older sister to go and see the Houses of Parliament first to watch an official Prime Minister's Questions meeting, the other will be lead by me to visit the main chamber and many tombs of Westminster Abby. We will alternate at lunch to go and see the places that we didn't see at first. Now here are your groups:

Celestia's group is like this:

Twilight

Sunset Shimmer

Applejack

Rainbow Dash

Rarity

Pinkie Pie

Fluttershy

Silver Spoon

and Micro Chips.

My group looks like this:

Diamond Tiara

Flash Sentry

Sandalwood

Snips

Snails

Derpy

and Photo Finish.

Now that we have our entire group in order, let's go see the landmarks."

Ten minutes after the groups had been organized they all left the hotel and walked across the Westminster Bridge to the Houses of Parliament. Celestia's group bought tickets to watch Prime Minister's Questions while Luna's group proceeded to Westminster Abby. Within the building of the Houses of Parliament all of Celestia's group was being jostled into the public galleries in the House of Commons, they all took their seats above the Government side of the chamber and waited for the meeting to begin.

"This place is quite crowded, I wonder how we are going to be able to see what is happening." Wondered Sunset Shimmer.

"This meeting should be starting soon, the whole room is getting quiet." Rainbow Dash Whispered.

"There they are." Micro Chips gasped. "David Cameron, the British Prime Minister. Look, John Bercow is here to as the speaker to the House of commons. Boy this is gonna be good to observe."

The meeting started with a lot of debating and rowdy cheering from each side of the chamber as David Cameron was asked many questions about his current term. Many times during the meeting, each party (either Government or Opposition) would insult each other with class which would send up plenty of cheers as well as jeering and sneering. Some of them went like this:

David Cameron Started. "I know what my mother would say. She’d look across the dispatch box, and she’d say, ‘Put on a proper suit, do up your tie, and sing the national anthem!" Firing on an Opposition Party member which sent the whole chamber into laughter.

The next one went like this. "I have been following his review on desert island disks, and I think it is fair to say that he's no longer a follower of Marx, he's loving Angles instead." Sending up another loud rant.

David Cameron had one more up his sleeve. "OH! We have a new hand gesture coming from the Shadow Chancellor. This is a bone I'm throwing to the Opposition; The Shadow Chancellor's new hand gesture should be 'bye bye'. You don't need it to be Christmas when you know you're sitting next to a turkey."

John Bercow was trying his best to get the House of Commons under control. "ORRRRRRDDDDDAAAAAA!!! MR. CAMERON YOU ARE A VERY EXCITABLE INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEED TO WRITE A MILLION TIMES 'I WILL BEHAVE MYSELF AT PRIME MINISTER'S QUESTIONS'!!!"

Meanwhile across the street, Vice Principal Luna's group had just arrived at Westminster Abby. It was a famous cathedral in which royal people had been coronated, married, or even buried. The group was mostly allowed to walk within the main hall where the ceremonies took place.

"WOW! This room is really big to walk around in, and look at all those paintings of queens and kings." Derpy Admired the many paintings of past monarchs.

"Now we just gotta find out when the next ceremony is going to be held," Snails started.

"And then we try to get a selfie with the royal family!" Snips shouted as they both began to laugh.

"This palace design would look good in my room back home. I have got to find a way to take this idea back to daddy back home, maybe he could build this into my room back home." Diamond Tiara muttered under her breath

"I think that Twilight would love it in here. She loves this kind of stuff." Flash Sentry sighed sadly.

"DUDE! This place looks totally old but so good too, It looks like something out of Micro's Dungeons and Dragons." Sandalwood remarked thinking about his friend.

The whole group left the Abby after they had gotten the chance to look at some royal tombs of monarchs that had ruled long before Queen Elizabeth II. They all decided to meet Celestia's group once they had finished their time within the Houses of Parliament and to go and get some lunch, they promptly did that once they saw them coming out of the ornate buildings. After lunch both groups went to go and see each location that they didn't visit before lunch, they all had good times going to see the Houses of Parliament or Westminster Abby. After they had finished they all went back to the hotel to eat diner and to go to sleep for the night and to be ready for the next adventure the next day...

Author's Note:

The two places that our groups visit today are the Houses of Parliament to watch a rowdy Prime Minister's Questions, and Westminster Abby to see pictures of previous monarchs, the main hall of the Abby, and to observe royal tombs.:derpyderp1::rainbowwild::trixieshiftright: