• Published 27th Mar 2018
  • 1,104 Views, 44 Comments

A Summer Trip to London - Hourglass



The Mane 7 and the rest of the gang from Canterlot High are going on a summer trip to London UK for two weeks!

  • ...
9
 44
 1,104

Chapter 3: CMA to JFK

That Saturday morning at 6:00 AM, the whole Mane 7 were knocking on Twilight's front door. Twilight had gotten used to sleeping in and was still knocked out, and now she was not getting up. The Mane 7 got inside the house and got Twilight up. Rainbow Dash was angered.

"TWILIGHT! HOW CAN YOU BE SLEEPING AT A TIME LIKE THIS?" Steam was pouring out of her ears. "WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE AIRPORT IN 30 MINUTES!"

Sunset Shimmer calmed her down. "We will get to the airport on time Rainbow, don't get hotheaded right now. We will get going." She kept Rainbow dash calm as Twilight quickly got out of bed and got her luggage that she had finished packing six days ago.

Fluttershy got the last of twilight's bags and helped her downstairs with all of it. The rest of the mane 7 were all helping as usual with all of their own bags and luggage, they all were helped along by both Sunset Shimmer and Twilight's telekinesis. They all packed into both Pinkie's Prius and Big Mac's Ford Pickup and took the 20 minute drive from the suburbs of Canterlot all the way out on the freeway to the Canterlot Metropolitan Airport. Once at the airport they met up with Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna.

"Good early morning girls, are you all ready for this trip?" Asked Principal Celestia.

"We are ready for anything and anything Principal Celestia, we are ready to go to London!" Rainbow Dash shouted enthusiastically pumping her arms in the air.

"Do you all have everything you need for the trip?" Vice Principal Luna asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We all have our luggage and bags packed with all of the essentials and clothes that we will need for the trip Vice Principal Luna, we are all clear for traveling." Twilight announced.

10 Minutes later, Snips and Snails showed up in their parent's cars. They both brought a lot of luggage and carry-on's with them. "We are ready for the trip to London, I can't wait to see what that city has to offer." Snips chortled happily.

"London is gonna be so cool, I can't wait to see what is gonna happen out there." Snails added. "The plane trip is going to be good too, I can feel it."

"Well boys, you both seem to be very excited for this trip." Observed Principal Celestia.

The next group to arrive came on the airport shuttle. It was Micro Chips, Sandalwood, and Flash Sentry who had just come off the bus stumbling with all of their combined suitcases and luggage. "The Troubleshooting Trio has promptly arrived at this airport." Micro Chips announced.

"Dude, why did you call us that?" Asked Sandalwood.

"Well I had to find a synonym that would match up with a word starting with T, so I thought that troubleshooting would suffice." Micro explained.

"Fair enough, you have a good point." Sandalwood acknowledged.

"I am just glad that Micro knew what buses to take here, the city bus system confuses me so much. It takes a mind like his to get us here. Thanks Micro." Flash spoke.

"You are welcome Flash, any difficulty or hardship can be overcome with an intelligent mind. Remember that." Micro Chips stated.

The next three to arrive at 6:50 AM were Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Derpy. Diamond Tiara's father filthy Rich had called for a limo to get them to the airport, Derpy, however, came in another airport shuttle. They all arrived and got their luggage placed with the luggage pile that had been made. After the whole group entered the airport lobby, Principal Celestia called the group over to an introduction.

"We are so glad that you all decided to come on this summer trip to London. Now, myself and my sister will all tell you how we are going to get to London." Principal Celestia started explaining everything. "We are going to get tickets for the whole group for a Southwest Airlines flight to New York City's JFK Airport. The flight will take two hours to get from here to New York, once we get there we will go to terminal 4 and get tickets for a Transatlantic Flight on a British Airways 747 to London Heathrow Airport."

Vice Principal Luna took over. "Once we get to Heathrow, we will transfer our American Money to British Money and get our luggage. We will then buy you all individual Oyster Cards so we will all be able to travel around town on the London Underground, DLR, and Double Decker Buses. We will take the Underground into the heart of Central London to our hotel. Once we have checked into the hotel, we will get you split up into your rooms." Everyone understood.

After the wait, Principal Celestia and Luna gave plane tickets to all who were present. Once that was done the whole group went to check in their luggage for the flight, a few carry-on packages would have to go through security with them onto the plane. The group proceeded to pass through airport security to be checked if they had any dangerous accessories hidden in their clothes (they all made it through successfully). They all made it to the terminal and waited for their airplane to start boarding.

"SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT 654 TO NEW YORK JFK WILL START BOARDING AT THIS TIME." The announcement rang through the terminal. The whole group went up to get into the plane and took their assigned seats that their tickets all told them to sit in. The Mane 7 took up the first two front rows in the cabin, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna both sat behind them, Micro, Sandalwood, and Flash behind them, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon further back, Snips and Snails behind them, Derpy behind them, and Photo Finish bringing up the rear. Other passengers came on after them.

At 7:30 exactly the plane left the terminal gate. It slowly taxied out to the runway, turned onto the runway, and took of swiftly into the air heading east. "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO LONDON!!!" Rainbow Dash shouted, she got shushed by the whole cabin.

"Try to keep your excitement down Rainbow, unless you wanna skydive." Advised Applejack.

After a whole trip was made for two hours, the plane finally landed at the JFK airport. The whole group got off the plane and headed into the terminal, they all headed to the baggage claim and got their bags. They all took the Airtrain to Terminal 4 to get tickets to the flight to London.

"I wonder what the next leg of this trip will be like?" Wondered Twilight.

"I think we are about to find out, here comes Principal Celestia." Sunset Shimmer told her.

Principal Celestia came back with her sister. "There is good news and bad news everyone."

"What's the good news?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"The good news is that we have gotten tickets for Heathrow." Principal Celestia started. Her sister Luna continued.

"The bad news is that we have a layover here at this airport until the flight arrives."

"How long will we be here?" Asked Silver Spoon and Snips.

"Our flight will be arriving in three hours. So we have a three hour layover." Vice principal Luna replied.

A collective groan resonated throughout the group. They knew that they would not get on the plane until 1:30 PM and that it was now 10:30 AM. "We are just going to have to make the best of it in the terminal." Sunset sighed.

"Good idea SunShim," Rainbow started. "We can explore the terminal for three hours. Who's up for it?"

"I am!" The whole group chorused. It was settled, the whole group could explore Terminal 4 for three hours until the flight arrived. It was another great time for the group to explore...

Author's Note:

The first flight is made from Canterlot Metropolitan Airport (CMA) to New York JFK airport (JFK). A three hour layover awaits them.:facehoof::unsuresweetie: