• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 363 Views, 2 Comments

Tales of Equestria - Neroson40



The Earth Pony son of Twilight contracts a demon to save Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 363

The Imminent Destruction

The military train was rolling along towards Canterlot slowly, at least from inside the train. Silver was bored and restless, the demonic arm itched constantly. He was walking around the train car, avoiding areas with military secrets (The car was huge). Eventually the train stopped at an outpost station and Rider led the way as they got off to stretch their legs. It was then that Silver heard a scream for help. An Earth Pony mare came galloping from the other side of the town with Timberwolves hot on her tail… then everything slowed down.

“Tell me you’re not gonna help her,” Century said. “Demons a common cause of magic plague, we can’t cause a panic now!”

“What do you suggest we do!?” Silver yelled at the ungeist. “IF you’re not willing to help, dissolve the contract and I’ll go by myself!”

“Why’d I have to get stuck with you?” Century said. “Fine but your low on Kinesis, you’ll need to absorb motion energy to fight them!” he vanished in a puff of smoke, as the wind started up slightly… Silver drew the motion of the wind into his arm by flexing the muscles in the abysmal appendage and concentrating on the wind. When the wind fully stopped time started to move at it’s normal speed. In order to close the distance, Silver ran, faster than he remembered possible for his pony body, and punched one of the Timberwolves closer to the mare on the ground. He punched the thing and it shattered, despite the fact that his… fist didn’t make contact with the creature.

Three of the four remaining wolves then jumped him, though they didn’t get the chance to hurt him. Silver held his hand outstretched and the wolves stuck in the air, suspended by an unseen force. A swipe of his arm to the right and the wolves hit a nearby tree, falling apart into a pile of sticks.The final wolf looked at Silver… and retreated, weird considering they never did that according to Silver’s mom.

Rider stepped up to Silver, she was the only one who moved, and asked a question that seemed obvious to answer.

“How did you do that?”

“I have no idea,” Silver lied.

“New reports Celestia?” Luna asked her older sister in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. “You seriously need a vacation.”

“I know,“ Celestia said with a knowing smile. “But the job needs doing.” One particular report caught Luna’s eye, from Twilight Sparkle’s brother. It was addressed to Celestia as if it were a letter. She lifted the envelope with her magic and presented it to her sister.

“This one seems a little… personal, doesn’t it?” she said. Celestia looked at it and, taking it from her sister, opened it. Reading the contents to herself, Celestia’s face grew ever so slightly more dire as she went down the multipage letter, until she looked scared at the end of the letter. “Something I should know about, Sister?” Celestia looked up, and in a serious tone answered her little sister.

“You’ll wish it wasn’t. Those nightmares you’ve been having… I think they’re coming true.” Luna did not like the sound of that at all. For the past month she’d been having horrid dreams that a creature with the right hand of a malicious monster was going to come at a time of ruin for the country of Equestria. “Commander Armour says we’re to expect company described almost exactly like the creature in your dreams.” The shock on Luna’s face must’ve been exuberant, but it was still a fraction the fear she actually felt.

“What?” Luna could only ask for confirmation.

“He says it’ll be here In a couple days… meaning tomorrow according to the submission date.” Luna couldn’t believe what she was hearing. If her nightmares were to come true… it meant the world would come to an end.

“Your highness!” A guard shouted as he entered the room with urgency. “Reports form Forester Outpost arrived, an unidentified monster saved the community from Timberwolves!”

“What did this monster look like?” Luna asked, realizing that the outpost was on the railroad to Canterlot. It only made her more confused to hear the guard describe the monster as the creature from her dreams.

“Thank you, corporal,” Celestia said before Luna could say anything else. “Tell the guards outside we need privacy for the time being. The guard nodded and turned, leaving with a confused stride to his steps.

“Well, this only adds confusion,” Luna said as the guard stepped out of the door, closing it behind him.

“Not entirely,” Celestia said. “You only said the creature would come with imminent destruction, not that he would cause or fight it.”

“Still, can we even trust it?” Luna asked.

“Considering it saved one our people, I’d say we can’t know for sure the intentions of this thing until it get’s here.” Luna realized her sister was right… as she so often tends to be. Nonetheless the fear in her stomach was undeniable, and only adding to it was the worrying possibility that this creature wanted to help… but would ultimately be the cause of the destruction accidentally. Luna knew she’d be restless going to sleep tonight.

Author's Note:

How many of you read the description and downvoted it based off that? That's not how you judge a story!