• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 359 Views, 2 Comments

Tales of Equestria - Neroson40



The Earth Pony son of Twilight contracts a demon to save Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 359

Younger Father Figure

Silver got up and wiped the tears from his eyes. He then remembered the gems from the Sirens. Taking them out of his pockets, he placed them on the floor in front of him.

“What are those?” Celestia asked.

“I got them from the Sirens,” Silver said. “They told me to give them to you after they pulled them from Century.”

“Century? Not Sentry?”

“Leave my father out of this,” Silver looked annoyed. He touched his right arm. “I’m talking about him.”

“The demon you Contracted?” Silver had to wonder how she knew the difference… but then again she was a live longer than him, and he remembered a possession or two from his youth, and the afflicted area on the ponies’ bodies were always the green glowing cornea not the limbs.

“Yeah, though we don’t remember why we formed this contract.”

“What’s the last thing you remember?”

“My fifteenth birthday… but I somehow know that was at least a year back.” Celestia looked concerned… but she changed the topic back to Century.

“I have an idea why you and This Century would form this Contract. A demon contract amplifies the capabilities of the pony’s special talent; the more they do pertaining to it, the more they can do with their talent. You’re a very angry pony for your special talent, the angrier you get, the angrier you can get with a Contract. By that logic…”

“The more I fight, the more I can fight.” Silver finished. “And I needed to fight… but what was the cost?”

“No one will remember you on their own.” Century said in Silver’s head. “Unless records are kept of your existence, you’ll fade from history the minute you die… same can be said for me.” Silver thought the idea of him fading from everyone’s memory sounded more like a good thing… for everyone else, he was still scared of being forgotten.

“Is there any breaking the Contract?”

“It’s never been done,” Celestia said. “Everypony who tried… couldn’t.”

“So, I’m stuck with him for the rest of my life!?” Silver shouted waving his arm.

“No,” Century said in annoyance. “I’m stuck with you for the rest of my life.” Celestia used her magic to very carefully pick up the gems on the ground.

“While you two are arguing, I’ll have the research team look into these, and send you to your mother.”

“Wait, what!?” with that Silver was teleported to Ponyville, just outside the castle of friendship.


It was this all-knowing, benevolent, trickiness that Silver hated about Celestia the most… not saying a lot really, as he didn’t hate totally her. There was a Pegasus guard trotting over to the palace with a basket of apples, stopping at a look at Silver.

“Silver?” He addressed the strange creature. He got a good look at this pony, who recently he could only recognize from photos. Blue mane and tail like his own, and pale gold coat. The blue eyes and shield and lightning Cutie Mark…

“Dad!?” he hissed.

“So, you really are my son,” Flash said. “What’s wrong? You look traumatized.” The fact that he could say that so casually was almost a mockery of everything that Silver came to know as truth.

“You died in service when I was five,” Silver just blurted. Flash looked shocked… all things considered… the news that his job was gonna kill him… he took it pretty well. Then he chuckled.

“It feels weird saying this about my own death,” He said. “I’m sorry to hear that. Were we close?”

“Pretty close, mom took it harder though.” Flash hummed and nodded in understanding.

“Well, your mother is probably wondering where you are now. Want to head inside?” Silver looked apprehensively at the doors to the crystalline castle.

“Not really, we didn’t get along a lot after I got my Cutie Mark.” Silver realized what he just said and how weird it was. “I almost killed a dragon with my bare hooves to get it.” He could tell Flash was having a hard time deciding whether or not to back away slowly.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment