• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 359 Views, 2 Comments

Tales of Equestria - Neroson40



The Earth Pony son of Twilight contracts a demon to save Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 359

Talent for Rage

Twilight was laying in her bed, her stomach swelling with the new life growing within her. She hadn’t told the father, Flash Sentry, the captain of the guards for her castle, but she would when it became a little too obvious that she was pregnant. It was at this point that he and Spike came in with a letter from her brother, Shining Armour.

“What’s this?” Twilight asked. Though the look on Flash’s face was… concerning.

“What we did, last month,” Flash brought up the night they spent together. “Did it have... repercussions?”

“Why do you ask?” Spike handed Twilight the letter, as she took it with her levitation magic she wondered what about it brought the question out of Flash. Then she read the letter.

Twily

You have to tell Flash you’re pregnant. I just had a run in with a creature possessed by a demon, claiming to be your son, Silver Streak. From what I gather of him, he’s got no interest in seeing you, but I thought I should warn you, since he is, as I write this, headed to Canterlot to discuss something with Princess Celestia. I had Lt. Surge take a picture of Streak, which I included with this letter, if you see him, be careful.

Love you sis

Shining.

The picture of this Silver Streak was of one of the creatures at Canterlot High. He had blue hair and white skin, a stark contrast to what he wore. A grey coat around his waist, a black long sleeve shirt with a skull and cross bones on it, denim jeans. His right arm was definitely demonic, it was plates of brown and blue ether in the shape of a monstrous hand… wait, that’s not possession. She had to look into that, but right now… she had to tell Flash about the foal.

“Yeah… I’m pregnant.” She said to Flash. “I would’ve told you when it was obvious!” She said in her defense.

“You didn’t trust me… to take the news well?” Flash asked. Twilight didn’t know what to say. “Well, I’m not my dad, he ran away. My child will know their father!” the discussion was far from over, but Flash walked out of the room, asking if she needed anything.

“A book on Demon Plagues,” She responded. Flash nodded and went to the library, though the confusion on his face was very apparent.

“Is it really your son?” Spike asked. “That would explain how he was possessed, huh?”

“I don’t think he was possessed,” Twilight said. “I read about Demonic Possession and the afflicted don’t show signs where his are.” Spike looked at Twilight with something akin to worry. “What?”

“Nothing.”

“Spike, you know you can tell me anything.” Spike turned around and asked a weird question.

“What do you think his Special talent is?” Twilight only shook her head as Flash returned with the book she requested. She turned to a page titled “Contracting” and skimmed the information on it to see what she needed to know. It was all she needed before she understood that her self-proclaimed son contracted a demon, he wasn’t possessed. But this meant he had to take after his father. Demons could only possess Unicorns and Alicorns, Pegasus and Earth ponies were immune to possession, but they could willingly lend their body to a demon in exchange for their power. He had to be a Pegasus… right?

Silver and Rider split up, Rider headed for Ponyville as Silver went to Canterlot. Rider was a little hesitant about seeing her mom, before she was even conceived only added to the hesitation. But it couldn’t have been as bad as what Silver thought meeting his mother would be like. Growing up, he was always angry. He only wanted for one of two things as the son of a princess… he always wanted to fly, and he equally wanted to use magic. But as an Earth pony he couldn’t have either of these things.

Then one day a dragon attacked Rider while she was exploring the Everfree Forest (Doing so at the age of six was probably not the best idea in hindsight). In response when he saw them heading for the town, seven year old Silver Streak rammed the Dragon, and beat it to a pulp that was barely recognizable as a dragon. The only thing the dragon could’ve done in response was break his front leg, but that hardly stopped him. It was that day, after fighting a dragon and winning, that Silver got his Cutie Mark, a flaming drama mask depicting anger.

Rider never let go of the pity she felt for Silver. He was born to a world that he couldn’t be part of the way he was expected to, and that made him angry, to the point where that was his special talent, whether he wanted to be or not. He was even scolded by his mom for the dragon, despite the fact that he got his Cutie Mark.

She stopped in front of the door to the Castle of Friendship, and before she could knock, her mother opened the door and bumped right into her.

“Heh heh, sorry ‘bout that,” the rainbow haired mare said. “You okay?”

“I… I’ll be fine.” Rider said. “Is Princess Twilight in?”

“She’s on maternity leave from the whole, ‘Princess’ thing.” so it was at most a year before Silver was born.

“Actually that’s why I’m here… this is about her child.” Rainbow Dash didn’t seem to understand, but she took Rider to Twilight anyway. Twilight looked at Rider with some familiarity.

“You’re Silver’s friend, right?” Twilight asked. “I saw you in the picture my brother sent me with a letter about you two.”
“Look… I came to warn you about Silver actually,” Rider said. “I have to tell you… when he was a pony… he was an Earth Pony.” The shock on the princess’ face was understandable. “whatever you do… try not to make him mad, he saved my life by being angry… but it killed the dragon that he took it out on.” Twilight was looking ever so slightly more horrified with each passing word. She finally took a deep breath, and asked for details.

Author's Note:

I hope this is original enough for you guys!