• Published 22nd Jan 2018
  • 2,104 Views, 25 Comments

Twilight and the Princesses - PrincessCadenza



Twilight is now a princess, and that means one exclusive thing. She can spend time with the other Princesses in a way that nopony else can.

  • ...
1
 25
 2,104

Chapter 3 - The Moon and the Summer Sun

Princess Celestia pushed open the doors to Luna's room with a simple flick of her magic and made her way inside. Luna stirred on her back, giving out a small burp. Celestia turned her head and gazed at her sister. "Luna, if you throw up on me I will dump you on the floor right here!"

Luna shifted slightly. "Sorry....I'll be fine. Just get me to my bed."

Celestia carried on through her sister's room. She took note of how tidy it was. Everything was in its place and there wasn't a single stack of paper. Celestia cast her mind back to her own room and realised just how messy it was. If she didn't know better she would have thought her room was more paper than anything. Celestia made her way up the stairs at the back of the room which led to Luna's bedchamber.

"Okay Lulu, this is your stop." Celestia carefully lifted Luna off of her back and pulled her dress off before lowering her onto the bed. She placed the dress neatly on the chair in the corner and moved over to the window. The party in the courtyard was still in full swing. Pinkie had gone all out to celebrate the Summer Sun Celebration and Discord's dark vines did nothing to dampen her spirits. If anything it just gave her another thing to celebrate.

The party had started as soon as Celestia lowered the sun and had carried on for hours. It was nearly midnight and yet nopony wanted to go home. Ponies came from all over Equestria for the celebration and the castle courtyard was the only place big enough for everypony to enjoy the festivities, not that it was confined to the courtyard. The nobles had their own gathering in the castle gardens which Celestia had avoided all evening. The common ponies were far more enjoyable to be around by far and Celestia felt she could relax more about what she did that evening than if she was with the nobles. The rest of Canterlot was filled with stalls and attractions for everypony who couldn't get to the castle.

Celestia looked down towards the drinks stall in the courtyard. It didn't take long to find what she was looking for. Rainbow Dash was lying on the floor with a bucket and Big Macintosh was unconscious on the table. She turned back to Luna who was eyeing her from the bed.

"Well, I think you certainly gave them a night to remember."

Luna raised her hoof. "Nopony defeats me. The Princess of the Night will never lose!"

Celestia raised an eyebrow. "Yes, but really, a drinking contest?"

Luna raised her head. "It is not my fault that Rainbow Dash challenged me!"

Celestia looked back out the window. She saw Fluttershy now tending to Rainbow Dash and Applejack was trying to move Big Mac to his hotel room. "As I understand it she challenged Big Mac and then you practically threw yourself into it."

Luna narrowed her eyes.

Celestia turned back around with a small grin. "Twilight told me all about it when she came and told me you were having trouble standing."

Luna blew a raspberry at her sister and then laid her head back down on the pillow. "She's such a tattle tail."

"She was also right to do so." Celestia walked over to her sister's side and pulled the quilt over with her magic. "You have been without alcohol for a thousand years. Drinking so much so suddenly was a recipe for disaster." She noticed the look Luna was giving her and so she began stroking her mane and offered a smile. "But I suppose you did prove you can still drink everypony else under the table."

Luna let out a small laugh. "Do you remember your ninetieth birthday? I'm pretty sure you drank away half of Equestria single-hoofed!"

Celestia's face went bright red.

"Then I had to carry you back to your room where you proceeded to vomit all over the floor, THEN tried to go back and continue!" Luna smiled victoriously before planting her head back onto the pillow and burping again.

Celestia moved her hoof from her sister's mane and poked her in the side. "Well its not my fault if SOMEPONY decided to spike my drinks. I never did find out what you were trying to do that day."

Luna brought her hoof to her head. "I think I was just trying to get you drunk. You had been a stick in the mud all week that week!"

Celestia smiled at her sister. "Ah yes, I remember. It was the anniversary of our mother's passing."

Luna smiled back at her sister. "You did take it particularly hard. It had been almost forty years but you still mourned like it was that week."

Celestia looked away from Luna and over towards the window again. "I stopped after we were asked to rule Equestria. Those ponies believed we had always been so I thought it was the best time to let go." Her tone turned sombre. "Not that it mattered of course, soon enough we had forgotten what they even looked like..."

Luna rolled over and pulled her sister down into a hug with her magic. "We don't remember what they looked like but we remember them. As long as we hold onto what they taught us they will be with us forever."

Celestia let our a small breath and allowed herself to be pulled a little closer into her sister.

"Besides," Luna continued, "if you keep eating so much cake you will definitely get our mother's thighs..."

Celestia poked Luna in the rib. "That's enough of that. I do enough exercise to keep my butt in shape."

Luna laughed. "Oh I'm sure you do. Otherwise I would have had enough of you to have several sisters upon my return!"

"Oh hardy har!" Celestia laughed as well. Both sisters laughed for a few seconds, at peace in each others embrace.

After a while in silence Celestia noticed her sister had fallen asleep. She got out of the bed and pulled the blanket back over Luna with a small flick of her magic. Returning to the windows she noticed Twilight and Cadance heading towards the castle. Celestia smiled at her niece.

"Its about time your train arrived...."

Celestia teleported herself to her room. It had been a long day and night both. She was tired and would no doubt have a very groggy sister to deal with in the morning. As she lay down and pulled over the covers she couldn't help but think of Luna's words.

"As long as we hold onto what they taught us they will be with us forever." Celestia repeated to herself. She smiled and closed her eyes. As her mind faded into sleep she had one final thought. One that she knew without a doubt.

She was never more happy to have her beloved sister back.

Author's Note:

sorry for the super long absence. around christmas my granddad became ill and it persisted until a few weeks ago when he passed away in his sleep. as such i didnt feel much like writing so i left it for a while. i therfore left this chapter smaller than i was planning and changed the subject matter a little. now that its done i feel like i can begin writing further chapters properly again.

thanks for waiting and i shall see you all in the next chapter.